Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2006 2:21:31 PM EDT
Sony Cybershot 1.3 Mege pixels. I do not think it is worth getting fixed, 6-7 years old.

What to buy, I was looking at a Nikon coolPix P4.

Any thoughts?  Thank You!
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 2:26:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I have an Olympus stylus Verve....It's survived a couple hard landings and one all out crash. Granted, you'll probably never mount your camera to an RC airplane, but hey, tough is tough!
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 2:28:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Working in a camera shop I see about two of these a week.

Definitely not worth getting fixed.

Canon/Nikon/Olympus, if you don't mind a little bulk get a digital SLR.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 2:28:49 PM EDT
[#3]
wow you had that thing for a long time! 1.3 mp?
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 2:31:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Canon Powershot A620, you can get one for less than $250 I think, $200 if you'll consider a refurb.  Refurbs are typically like new in my experience.
It was "Highly Recommended" by dpreview.com
www.dpreview.com/reviews/specs/Canon/canon_a620.asp
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 2:32:30 PM EDT
[#5]
got a kodak 6.1 M.P. with 10X optical zoom. $300 takes excellent photos
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 2:38:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 2:52:15 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

It fell with the usb cable plugged in and bent it over. My computer now gives me an "Overload" on that port. Camera is probably ok, but digital outport is f**ked up. I could use a memeory card reader, but this sucker is old and needs an upgrade.

WHY does no one here want to talk Nikon

What do SLR's cost and WHY do I want one?
Thank You!!!!
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 5:11:56 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It fell with the usb cable plugged in and bent it over. My computer now gives me an "Overload" on that port. Camera is probably ok, but digital outport is f**ked up. I could use a memeory card reader, but this sucker is old and needs an upgrade.

WHY does no one here want to talk Nikon

What do SLR's cost and WHY do I want one?
Thank You!!!!

Because many things in an SLR are mechanical instead of relying on electronics, instead of an LCD that is washed out during the day you get to use a mirror that allows you to see the light that is coming through the lense.

Also another plus is the metering systems are far better in most SLRs and there is no shutter lag.

You know... that annoying delay from the time you press the button down to the time the picture is taken.

Also interchangeable lenses so you can get pictures like this,

To be honest I haven't been impressed by too many point and shoot Nikon's, with the exception of most of the S series and their SLRs.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top