Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/26/2006 10:30:14 PM EDT
I read on another board that he cut a deal for 5 years for felon in possession.
Anyone have a good link to the story?
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 10:40:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I hope they stipulated that he's to stay away from the internet (and wheelbarrows) for the rest of his life.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 7:01:45 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I hope they stipulated that he's to stay away from the internet (and wheelbarrows) for the rest of his life.

i bet he finds a way to post from prison.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 7:04:16 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Is there some back-story for the uninitiated?
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 7:06:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Old school tag.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 7:25:28 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is there some back-story for the uninitiated?

yeah google gunkid and start reading.
iI can't believe you never heard of gunkid?
www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=+gunkid+&btnG=Google+Search
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 7:30:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Hope this helps...

Perhaps the most infamous troll of the internet gun world, a true Ferrous Cranus, is being held in jail without bail and faces a complaint of possession of ammunition after a prior felony conviction. According to a federal detention order, John Melvin Davis, AKA Gunkid has past convictions on eight federal offenses and received five separate sentences totaling more than 20 years in prison.

So how do we know that John Davis is Gunkid? Like the boogyman, Gunkid is almost a legend that makes one think he cannot die. Gunkid has been tracked across the internet for several years by cyberspace bounty hunters. For some, it was sport. For others, it was a mission. For a few, it is almost depressing that the chase has ended. One thing is certain, John Melvin Davis is Gunkid. There were people who knew exactly who he was, and tried to get him stopped long before he was apprehended by the feds.

On June 19, agents raided Davis' mobile house in Oklahoma. Davis was detained after entering a van, and a .22 caliber pistol and several rounds of ammunition were recovered from a canvas bag he'd been carrying. Agents later searched the Norman storage unit and seized a 9 millimeter pistol, a .22 caliber pistol, a .45 caliber pistol, a .223 caliber rifle, a Colt pistol, possible silencers, gun parts and more than 10,900 bullets of various calibers.

John Melvin Davis is well known among internet gunnies as Gunkid, Hardin, Andy, and a hundred other pseudonyms he would use to disrupt gun forums. Gunkid was the inventor of the assault wheelbarrow, the advocate of a "debarked" Chihuahua as an alarm system, and a .223 fired from a 10" barrel as the ultimate weapon, which he claimed was useful up to 300yds, but only when used with a suppressor because Gunkid had a severe flinch when shooting without one. He liked to allude to his magnificent IPSC shooting career. There are no records of his exploits. However, there are complete records of other competitors scores, shot in the time frame he claims to have been a competitor.

Link Posted: 10/27/2006 7:36:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Never heard of this jack off.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 7:36:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 8:20:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Didn't Full-Auto have a discussion forum just for him?
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 8:34:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Someone needs to link to the assault wheelbarrow thread.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 8:43:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Never heard of him before either... But WOW. Hahahahaha what a lonely tool.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 8:44:15 AM EDT
[#12]
I hope he gets raped in prison, he talked like such a badass behind his keyboard but you know he was a grade A pussy, and I hope Bubba proves it!
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 9:59:14 AM EDT
[#13]
I didn't know who "gunkid" was, so I googled his name.

Holy cow, this guy hit up every freaking single web forum on the web it seems and pissed them ALL off!
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 10:13:15 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Never heard of this jack off.

WHAT?  You, off all people, have neveer heard of gunkid???
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 10:16:17 AM EDT
[#15]
He must have pawned his .38
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 10:27:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 10:31:28 AM EDT
[#17]
I wish there was a link to some of the stories about him, someone linked to a forum aafter he was arrested on these charges few months ago and it was some of the funniest shit i have ever read.

I think it was at fullauto.com. One was a tale of him and a couple of his buddies making a Datsun station wagon into a bullet proof BUV while getting ready for a big IPDA comp. and getting stung by hornets in the porta potty after he got dysentary from drinking river water.  
If someone knows what im talking about please link it , i would love to read it again.
It also involved someone named sniper kid " i think was the name". and his gunsmith.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 10:33:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Markm was just joking i'm sure.  hell, i learned of Gunkid soon after i got on Arfcom just because he started reposting here sometime this spring under another alias.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 10:36:54 AM EDT
[#19]
I hope the judge includes in his sentencing order that Gunkid must wear his pants around his ankles so he ready to be somebodies bitch at a moments notice.

eta.  he invaded little gun forum I'm a member of & tossed all his expertise around, insulting several respected members.  we banned him inside of week.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 11:09:19 AM EDT
[#20]
Was this the guy who once wrote about how he drilled the chambers a barrel of a .357 out to .44mag specs and that it was a great shooter and would even be better when he rifled the barrel.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 11:25:39 AM EDT
[#21]
Here you have it folks...

"The Adventures of Gunkid"

www.assaultweb.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=7;t=001132;p=0
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 11:44:08 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Markm was just joking i'm sure.  

No.  I'm serious.  I don't know who he is.  I only post on this site.  Did he have an account here?
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 11:48:14 AM EDT
[#23]
Damn, he hasn't been around arfcom since i was known as Motel Bravo!!!!
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 11:51:13 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
or just write IBTL on them

Oh shit that's cold. <scratches head> Why didn't I think of it first?
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 11:54:13 AM EDT
[#25]
One question I've always had... Were BoG and Gunkid the same person?
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 12:11:02 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No.  I'm serious.  I don't know who he is.  I only post on this site.  Did he have an account here?

he sure did, he advocated such things as:

1. the .38 spec. revolver and .22 rifle were the only weapons you need in a SHTF scenario
2. a properly kitted out "assault wheelbarrow" was all you needed to survive the coming apocalypse (spelling?)
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 12:11:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 12:33:03 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
One question I've always had... Were BoG and Gunkid the same person?

Nope.

Oh Gunkid had his own forum on some militia website, not full auto. He threatened Tim on Full Auto and I think Tim contacted his parole officer, Tim would have made short work of him anyways.

And that's another question:  What happened to BoG?  Not that I miss him (or it) or anything, just haven't heard about him for a long time.

Merlin
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 12:37:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Now BOG I remember.  I usually accuse anyone who starts a pretentious "just wanted to say hi" first thread of being BOG.

Link Posted: 10/27/2006 12:58:55 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Thats the one
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 4:14:42 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thats the one

That was hilarious.  We need a movie now.  

-Ben
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 4:57:05 PM EDT
[#32]
the government will punish him enough, we (you guys) don't need to kick a man when he's down...
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 5:03:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Why does it seem everyone here thinks a person who faces a conviction needs to be ass raped by another man?
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 5:08:26 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

many months ago there was guy board  name "unusual"

that people were pretty sure was him

he has been virtually everywhere
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 5:25:46 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Why does it seem everyone here thinks a person who faces a conviction needs to be ass raped by another man?

GunKid is more than a retard we like to laugh at. He illegally (and poorly, from all accounts) manufactured illegal suppressors and made numerous death threats to others via the internet. He also advocated murder in a SHTF scenario, probably because he could not or would not stock supplies. He specifically advocated the employment of a suppressed 10/22 or SBR for this purpose. Online he was dismissive, unyielding and fortunately, profoundly stupid. I am certian that he is legitimately mentally ill. The sheer volume of his posting seems impossible. It must have been all he did.

His proliferation is staggerring. Virtually every gun related internet forum was invaded and pissed off by GunKid. If he viewed the world as I think he did, he probably committed numerous other NFA related crimes and a fair bit of theft and robbery.

Link Posted: 10/27/2006 5:27:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 5:34:50 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

GunKid is more than a retard we like to laugh at. He illegally (and poorly, from all accounts) manufactured illegal suppressors and made numerous death threats to others via the internet. He also advocated murder in a SHTF scenario, probably because he could not or would not stock supplies. He specifically advocated the employment of a suppressed 10/22 or SBR for this purpose. Online he was dismissive, unyielding and fortunately, profoundly stupid. I am certian that he is legitimately mentally ill. The sheer volume of his posting seems impossible. It must have been all he did.

His proliferation is staggerring. Virtually every gun related internet forum was invaded and pissed off by GunKid. If he viewed the world as I think he did, he probably committed numerous other NFA related crimes and a fair bit of theft and robbery.

Exactly, the king of all trolls, and definitely mentally ill/deranged. Not just terminally STUPID, but also dangerous in more ways than one.

If anyone ever deserved multiple anal assaults, it is GunKid. I hope the whole yard gets a turn in his 6.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 5:35:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Oh that was some funny shit.  GunKid is funny as hell. Could someone please IM the "assault wheelbarrow" thread.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 5:57:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Gunkid was definitely amusing over the years

It's impossible to describe this guy without writing a book.

GM
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 6:00:05 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
We should all go to the sentencing and stand up when they ask if any victims want to talk.

Somebody get his prison address so we can mail him postcards asking gun questions, or just write IBTL on them!

IBTLD
in before the lock down
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 6:31:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Bet it's gonna be kind of hard to assault enemy camps from 400yds now.

Sheep
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 6:35:14 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

VERY-HOMOPHOBIC here on ar15.com

"Not that there's anything wrong with that."

I have family in prison and yes, people do get raped, but not all...............

Betwenn all the people I know who did hard time they basically said the younger you were the more likely.

They estimate maybe 1/50 or 1/100 get "raped".

Link Posted: 10/28/2006 12:06:06 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
The Downfall of GunKid kind of happened like this:

JDM (John Melvin Davis), about .005 microseconds after he got off of parole, stole pretty much everything from his wife Pat. JMD cleaned out her gun safe, enough ammo to re-take Saigon, her food storage supply for the apocalypse, her bank account, and everything else that wasn't bolted to solid concrete.

Then, with his female accomplice/girlfriend, they took the loot and fled to Oklahoma City where JMD sold the food, squirreled away the guns and ammo, and then began setting up shop selling 85% firearms receivers - which were not yet legally firearms - over the Internet. Evidently he also began his other dream, the manufacture of illegal silencers (give the boy credit for backing up at least some of his rhetoric).

Pat went to the cops but because they were married, little was done. She then went higher to the Feds. JMD, after all, was a 3 time convicted felon who had served 15 years in the Federal pen for drugs and weapons violations.

Ironically, the hammer blow which took him down came from his girlfriend.

In order to make off with the rest of the loot and cash AND knowing where the guns were stashed in his trailer house and in a storage locker in his name, she set JMD up with the BATFE.

Flashback - In the 1980's JMD was originally busted when the DEA was searching his car they found a business card to a storage facility, where, under his real name, was a storage locker full of cocaine, guns, and homemade silencers.

So, they raided his mobile home at the trailer park and his storage locker and they found guns, ammo, and other interesting stuff in both locations.

The girlfriend, of course, then got away with the loot.

The Feds found, still in JMD's possession, 9 firearms, 7800 rounds of ammo, and 3 silencers. Furthermore, not only had the guns been stolen and transported interstate, but JMD, in his infinite wisdom, had taken a Dremel tool to some of the serial numbers. They evidently found a bunch of other stuff like a quantity of 85% receivers, but that didn't make it into the Federal charges.

Faced with the prospect of possibly being prosecuted for each gun, each silencer, each bullet, stealing the guns and transporting them interstate, altering the serial numbers, etc, on 9/11/06 JMD signed a plea bargain with the Feds for 5 years on a single charge of knowingly transporting interstate a firearm with an altered serial number.

In theory, and it has been done before, the Feds could have prosecuted him for being a felon in possession of guns and ammo (a five years sentence on each count) for each round of ammo as a separate charge, in addition to everything else, and then stacked the sentences, making him serve the sentences consecutively, essentially spending the rest of his life in prison.

So, all in all, he got off light. In the Federal system he has to do 85% of his time, so with good behavior he might only have to serve 4 years, 3 months. The plea bargain did give the Feds the option of up to 3 years of 'supervised release' after he gets out of jail.

And so, here ends the Saga of GunKid - at least until early 2011.

Link Posted: 10/28/2006 12:15:52 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Can you think of any worse humiliation?
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 9:41:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 9:50:10 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 never even heard his name mentioned.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 9:52:54 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Can't speak for everyone else, but for me I always liked homoerotic prison movies. Maybe I'm weird.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 9:57:19 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Someone needs to link to the assault wheelbarrow thread.

Will this do?

Link Posted: 10/29/2006 10:33:27 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Exactly, the king of all trolls, and definitely mentally ill/deranged. Not just terminally STUPID, but also dangerous in more ways than one.

If anyone ever deserved multiple anal assaults, it is GunKid. I hope the whole yard gets a turn in his 6.

After seeing a picture of him I doubt the whole yard will be trying to get a piece of that particular ass.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 11:06:11 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He had multiple accounts here. He posted for a long time on Frugal Squirrels.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top