Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2001 7:08:08 AM EDT
Did anyone see Hatch put Jennings in his place last night? First Jennings said "thanks for calling us" and Hatch replies "you called me!". Then Jennings is asking his usual stupid questions and Hatch gives him his best "what are you an idiot" tone and says "Come on Peter, don't give me that". Jennings shut up for a good couple of minutes. It was nice to get what seemed to be fairly solid intelligence community info from Hatch. He seems to say without saying that the CIA knew it was bin Laden and were doing something about it. Wet work, gotta love it!
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 8:31:40 AM EDT
[#1]
LOL
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 8:47:15 AM EDT
[#2]
I love these foreign news reporters that "Don't Know Jack"!
I kinda wish Orrin and Peter had been in the same room!
It could have been "The Rumble in the (News)Room"!

Lynn [:)]
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 4:47:42 PM EDT
[#3]
... But who was Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld targeting when he went on a tirade Wednesday against those who leak classified information? Republican Sen. Orrin Hatch of Utah. Senate, intelligence, and Pentagon sources say that Rumsfeld and other national security officials were outraged that the senator talked with reporters about intercepted secret information about the terror attacks into the Pentagon and World Trade Center. News reports show that Hatch discussed intercepts between associates of chief suspect Osama bin Laden about the attacks. The worry: leaks that that will dry up sources of information about the bin Laden gang, which may retaliate if it can figure out who the source was.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 9:06:11 PM EDT
[#4]
You have to keep in mind that Peter Jennings is personally extremely pro-Palestinian.  His mistress used be Hannan Ashrawi, a very militant Palestinian errorist spokeswoman.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 9:21:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Jennings was a real prick to John Ashcroft yesterday (or maybe it was today), too.  Ashcroft was being put on for a live one-on-one interview, and during his lead-in Jennings sneered something like "I don't know why he's bothering to come back on."  Then Jennings found out it wasn't a general news conference but instead a personal interview, and he tried to recover. . . .
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 12:01:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You have to keep in mind that Peter Jennings is personally extremely pro-Palestinian.  His mistress used be Hannan Ashrawi, a very militant Palestinian errorist spokeswoman.
View Quote

That's hilarious! If it was only true. He deserves somebody like her :)
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 4:04:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The worry: leaks that that will dry up sources of information about the bin Laden gang, which may retaliate if it can figure out who the source was.
View Quote

And there's a vast difference between intercepts (HI ECHELON!) and informants.

God Bless Texas
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top