Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2001 8:30:00 PM EDT
Today I wen't to pick up a firearm that I had purchased. The 10 day wait ended sunday, but I didnt have time to pick it up until today. However, they had a little surprise from me. The store would not release the firearm to me because DOJ had canceled the go-ahead to release the firearm and they had a fax from DOJ stating in underline, DO NOT RELEASE FIREARM TO PURCHASER. Hmmm.... I wonder what the problem is? I have no prior convictions, and have never been declared incompetent, etc, etc. I wonder if this has anything to do with the major events occuring today? Anybody else had problems picking up thier firearm today?

The guy told me to call the number on the fax and speak with the contact person on the fax. Who wants to bet I call the DOJ and nobody answers? -Ever? (I have had this problem before, almost like the place doesn't even exist). I tried calling the number today that was on the fax and it was disconnected. I'm sure it is because all federal buildings are currently closed, but disconnected phone line? Hmmm... I also noticed the fax had a little line at the bottom that says "For Bill Lockyer Attorney General." Isn't he majorly anti-gun?

I hope I'm not just being paranoid and this is just a mix-up with someone else and the same name.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 8:40:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Thats sucks. I hope you get it. I think it is because of what happened today.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 9:12:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I've actually had this happen a couple times.  Once my file was out due to my teacher credential renewal, the other they just couldn't find my file, but when I went back next day they released it.  Gun store guy said it happens quite a bit, often to people with Italian last names.

Don't worry bout it.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 9:20:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah it shouldn't be a big deal; these days it can take awhile to transfer personal data into the ATF database, j/k [BD]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top