Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 10/11/2006 7:38:21 AM EDT
Due to the activity in N. Korea and all the widespread terrorism that has become accepted as daily events in the news, I'd have to say, "Yes". I will (at age 37) witness a Nuclear event against the U.S. in my lifetime by the bad guys.

Please discuss.

cc

TO: North Korea and "Lil Kim Wong Dong that is ILL"
Link Posted: 10/11/2006 7:39:37 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't see why not.

the world leaders have all gone batshit.

including ours
Link Posted: 10/11/2006 7:41:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Yep.
Link Posted: 10/11/2006 7:42:22 AM EDT
[#3]
I'd say you need more tinfoil...
Link Posted: 10/11/2006 7:42:31 AM EDT
[#4]
sadly yes
Link Posted: 10/11/2006 7:42:50 AM EDT
[#5]
I lived through the Cold War.

I expected it anyday.

Today is no different.
Link Posted: 10/11/2006 7:45:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Hard not to expect it, everybody has since the 50's, and a lot less rational minds now have buttons themselves.
Link Posted: 10/11/2006 7:45:22 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I lived through the Cold War.

I expected it anyday.

Today is no different.

Yep.
Link Posted: 10/11/2006 7:46:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Graziani

I'd say you need more tinfoil...

I'd say you live under a rock and are in denial of current events.
cc

Link Posted: 10/11/2006 7:47:54 AM EDT
[#9]
I hope not. That would certainly suck majorly and change our nation forever, for the worse.
Link Posted: 10/11/2006 7:47:59 AM EDT
[#10]
I do...

Not sure from who, or where (probably NY or LA or some other "big" area), but I do believe it is going to happen.
Link Posted: 10/11/2006 7:48:31 AM EDT
[#11]
7, the answer is 7.
Link Posted: 10/11/2006 7:48:52 AM EDT
[#12]
I give it 86 weeks or Dec 21 2012
Link Posted: 10/11/2006 7:50:27 AM EDT
[#13]
I think it is inevitable if the path does not deviate from it's present course.

and yes the answer is 7
Link Posted: 10/11/2006 7:50:28 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I give it 86 weeks or Dec 21 2012

86 divided by 12.285714 = 7
Link Posted: 10/11/2006 7:51:26 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm 18, I expect I've got a lot of livin left to do.  So the chances of a nuclear attack on the US happening in my lifetime are pretty high, I expect.
Link Posted: 10/11/2006 7:52:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Without a doubt.  

I think we are racing to the point where we were during the Cuban Missile Crisis, I give it till Christmas till we are at that point.  The problem is during the CMC there were people on both sides that did not really want to pull the trigger, we are not dealing with the same caliber of people this time.
Link Posted: 10/11/2006 8:12:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Its not a question of "if" but of when.

Probably multiple attacks.

If our response to the first one is to bellow like an enraged bull and then determine there is no retaliatory target so there is nothing we can do, then the others will come as soon as the jihadists can produce them (probably with the help of North Korea).

The problem is that there is no obvious retaliatory target.  MAD worked because the Soviets weren't sure they could harden and bury sufficient assets to have anything left over after a massive bi-lateral exchange to consolidate a "victory".

The submarine leg of the triad assured that the US (and UK and France) could ruin any Soviet "victory" first strike with revenge strikes that would leave the Soviets with nothing.

Now, we're faced with nuclear foes that just don't give a shit.

The PDRK (Kim Il Jung) will use nuclear blackmail to preserve itself, but even KIJ realizes he is a stationary, obvious target if he actually nukes Japan or does something else stupid.  Maybe he and his cronies are content to live in a buried shelter, but he can't hurt any other country as much as the US or China (or Japan or the ROK once they assemble their own nukes) could.

Iran and jihadist Islam is another story.

There's one of two options there.  One is an overt Iranian nuclear strike on Israel to destroy the lesser Satan and bring forth the hidden Imam as per the Shiite apocalyptic cult that Ahmadinejad follows - and he's said that's his intent.  Always wise to listen to the crazy dictators as they usually do exactly what they said they would.

That will initiate an Israeli response (which is what Ahmadinejad wants) and probably a follow-on Pakistani strike.

Second is a strike at the US to hasten our already inevitable surrender and conversion to Islam. They will strike covertly, leaving no obvious retaliatory target.  We will bellow, like aforementioned bull.  And then dither and debate while we lick our wounds and try to understand what we did to make them hate us and what can we do to reach out for understanding in a multi-lateral, multi-cultural way.

And they will strike again and again while we talk ourselves into believing its just because of Bush until we surrender - a paper tiger brought low by Allah's perfect message for the world and the black flag of 'monotheism' will fly from the ruins of our cities while they break the cross, spill the wine, and take our wives, children and possessions as their deserved reward for jihad (as they have warned us is their goal).
Link Posted: 10/11/2006 8:21:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Given Kim Jong il is completely batshit insane, and ROP'ers have a hard-on for destroying us, yeah, there's a good chance.  
Link Posted: 10/11/2006 8:21:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Exactly what I'm saying, NoHarmNoFAL
And this seems different from the Cuban Missle Crisis and any other threat like the "Cold War".
N. Korea is doing their own thing; against the will of the UN and the world. Then they are stating things like "any act from the U.S. will be an act of war". WTF?
An act of War?
OK, here's the logic on that. They are thinking what the hell. The U.S. is already spread so thin across the globe fighting terror. They are weak at home. F*ck them, we (N. Korea) will do what we want, when we want. After all, what are they (the U.S.) going to do, come and kick our asses?
They will test nukes until they get it right, they will continue to be a threat.
They will f*ck with S. Korea and when they want to stirke, they probably will.
Then there's the threat of Iran and their nuke program.
All I'm asking is, do you think we'll witness some sort of Nuke activity agains the U.S. in our lifetime?
I think we will.
No tinfoil hat, no zombies on the interstate, just a thought I wanted to  see if others here share.
Discuss.
cc
Link Posted: 10/11/2006 8:23:13 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Exactly what I'm saying, NoHarmNoFAL
And this seems different from the Cuban Missle Crisis and any other threat like the "Cold War".
N. Korea is doing their own thing; against the will of the UN and the world. Then they are stating things like "any act from the U.S. will be an act of war". WTF?
An act of War?
OK, here's the logic on that. They are thinking what the hell. The U.S. is already spread so thin across the globe fighting terror. They are weak at home. F*ck them, we (N. Korea) will do what we want, when we want. After all, what are they (the U.S.) going to do, come and kick our asses?
They will test nukes until they get it right, they will continue to be a threat.
They will f*ck with S. Korea and when they want to stirke, they probably will.
Then there's the threat of Iran and their nuke program.
All I'm asking is, do you think we'll witness some sort of Nuke activity agains the U.S. in our lifetime?
I think we will.
No tinfoil hat, no zombies on the interstate, just a thought I wanted to  see if others here share.
Discuss.
cc

what?  We're not weak at home...

ETA: until the Democrat takeover...
Link Posted: 10/11/2006 8:25:29 AM EDT
[#21]
Yes, I do.
Link Posted: 10/11/2006 8:26:43 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Yes, I do.

Let me guess...

Pakistan after Musharaf?
Link Posted: 10/11/2006 8:27:11 AM EDT
[#23]
Shit the worlds gonna end next year 2007 if things keep going on this path.

Link Posted: 10/11/2006 8:30:23 AM EDT
[#24]
And for my 1600th hundred post.

We are weak at home militarily speaking. AFCOMERS will hold the line, I'm sure!
cc
Link Posted: 10/11/2006 8:31:00 AM EDT
[#25]
Yes, I do think we will see a low yield nuclear weapon/s used on our soil with in the next 5 to 10 years.

We have wide open borders and ports with almost no real "Homeland Security" Also  hundreds of millions of people (most are Islamic) hate our guts with a passion and would do anything to see us go down including taking them with us just to do it in the name of their so called religon of peace.

It's just a matter of time until one nut job or a small terror group get one or several small nukes. I think like many others that these kind of people already have these weapons or will soon and may even be here in the US today just waiting for the go signal or code.

For targets my guess would be that NYC, DC, Houston and LA are the most prime sites. You may ask why Houston? Well, its all about the oil. NY & LA because of the massive population packed into a small space and DC would be to take out the leadership of the Gov. if you want to call what we have leadership. If they only have one or two of these nukes I would say DC & NY are the #1 & #2 targets.

I wish that this senario would never happen, but we are really set up for it right now. I figure if its so easy for millions of illegals from South of the border to get here it would not be very hard to get a nuke here and set it off.

Our Government has done almost nothing since 9/11 to protect Americans and the Country except for spending trillions on useless agencies and taking away many of our rights in the name of terror. We will be the ones to pay the price for this not the Governmet officals deep in their bunkers. Its going to be a grave and deadly price we all will pay.

God forbid this ever does happen because the America we once new and our way of life will be gone for at least most of our life times.
Link Posted: 10/11/2006 8:35:02 AM EDT
[#26]
In light of events that have taken place in recent years, I would say a nuclear event on our soil is a CERTAINTY. You can bet your ass it will happen within the next 2 decades, and I'm thinking sooner than later.
Link Posted: 10/11/2006 8:36:30 AM EDT
[#27]
Unfortunately (on multple levels), yes...
Link Posted: 10/11/2006 8:37:52 AM EDT
[#28]

I hate to say it, but you should also include Chicago (as it is centrally located and vital) as well as Atlanta (huge percentage of all southeastern travel goes through here), and Miami (huge port), as well as the soft/terror targets like theme parks (Disney, etc.) and malls (Mall of America, etc.).

Terror is about "terror" not taking out a military compound. What better way to inflict terror then kill thousands of children at a theme park (like Disney).
Link Posted: 10/11/2006 8:38:45 AM EDT
[#29]
Hate to say it but chances are looking pretty good for an event.

Link Posted: 10/11/2006 8:40:52 AM EDT
[#30]
I think anything is possible at this point.

Link Posted: 10/11/2006 8:42:11 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

I hate to say it, but you should also include Chicago (as it is centrally located and vital) as well as Atlanta (huge percentage of all southeastern travel goes through here), and Miami (huge port), as well as the soft/terror targets like theme parks (Disney, etc.) and malls (Mall of America, etc.).

Terror is about "terror" not taking out a military compound. What better way to inflict terror then kill thousands of children at a theme park (like Disney).

oh teh noes!!!1

what's the blast radius?

I need some NBC gear...
Link Posted: 10/11/2006 8:48:32 AM EDT
[#32]
I really won't be surprised if a nuke goes off on US soil.

I remember getting under my desk during the nuclear attack drills at school when I was a kid.

I don't have a "nuclear proof" desk to hide under any more.

ETA: You should add a poll!
Link Posted: 10/11/2006 8:48:34 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
And for my 1600th hundred post.

We are weak at home militarily speaking. AFCOMERS will hold the line be disarmed and rounded up into FEMA concentration camps, I'm sure!
cc

Fixed it for you.
Link Posted: 10/11/2006 8:50:03 AM EDT
[#34]
we already used it against Japan

the US is the only country to ever actually use a nuclear bomb against another country

now we fear somebody's gonna use it on us?

what comes around goes around
Link Posted: 10/11/2006 8:52:46 AM EDT
[#35]
yes and the need for bomb shelters are more now than back in the 50s-60s,when they were popular
Link Posted: 10/11/2006 8:54:14 AM EDT
[#36]
Uh.. .I'm sure you know this, but if we hadn't used "the bomb" and the war had kept going, Germany would certainly have built one, and used it.

It wasn't a matter of "Will anybody use the A-bomb?".
It was "Who will be the first to use the A-bomb."

The question now isn't "Will somebody use a bomb?".
It's "Who will be first to use a bomb?".
Link Posted: 10/11/2006 8:55:54 AM EDT
[#37]
Wait there's hope, Come November as well as the Presidential election, if the Dems take over, they will be able to talk and make peace with everyone by claiming they ousted the "devil" GW.  They can institute mandatory Islam "studies" in public schools so that our children can learn tolerance of Islam to reach a better understanding.  Of course they can then remove all our "offending" troops in Iraq.  And let's not forget the retroactive banning of all evil assault rifles and mags that hold more than 5 rnds.

All kidding aside, this sh$t bothers me greatly.  I have a 7 year old and a 2 year old that are the greatest things in my life and it scares the hell out of me what potential future that may befall them

I will say on the "up side" that if an attack like that were to happen, I think this country would, in fact, rally together to a magnatude not seen since Pearl Harbor and it will make 9/11 look like a shoulder shrug.  If I'm wrong, we are all damned.
Link Posted: 10/11/2006 8:56:44 AM EDT
[#38]
What, you haven't been watching Jericho?
Link Posted: 10/11/2006 8:58:09 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
7, the answer is 7.

I thought is was 42.
Link Posted: 10/11/2006 9:00:40 AM EDT
[#40]
yes, I do believe that in the next 5 to 10 there will be a nuclear attack on the US, but I pray to God that it will never happen. I think that the attacks on Japan at the end of WWII were sins enough for humanity to bear.
What do you think the CBS show Jericho is gearing us up for???
Link Posted: 10/11/2006 9:01:24 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

the US is the only country to ever actually use a nuclear bomb against another country

WTF?
Link Posted: 10/11/2006 9:01:58 AM EDT
[#42]
It's only a matter of time.  Too many countries want to see us destroyed.

HH
Link Posted: 10/11/2006 9:02:31 AM EDT
[#43]
I say the chances are somewhere around 100 percent. It could happen in the next 10 minutes.
Link Posted: 10/11/2006 9:04:32 AM EDT
[#44]
hmm...

anyone in for a group buy on Geiger counters?
Link Posted: 10/11/2006 9:05:05 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Yeah we did, and it ended the war.  

Yeah, we fear that somebody will use it on us.

I hope we use it on them first.
Link Posted: 10/11/2006 9:08:12 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
I don't see why not.

the world leaders have all gone batshit.

including ours

+1 <leaves to go buy more SHTF supplies...>
Link Posted: 10/11/2006 9:15:31 AM EDT
[#47]
We're the source of all the world's ills. We're the world's boogie man.
It's mind boggling; the ignorance,  stupidity and simple refusal to accept any personal responsibility among the people of most of the rest of the world.  We're the big guy on the block and we're in the crosshairs.
I'll see a catastrophic event strike a U.S. city in my lifetime (and I'm 55).  I'm pretty sure of it.  The world is insane.

And when it happens, that's probably all she wrote.  A nuclear attack on NYC would in all likelihood precipitate a complete economic meltdown of our economy.

The whole world is like the proverbial bucket of crabs on the fire.  No one will be happy until we're pulled down to the same level of wretchedness as most of the rest of the world.
Link Posted: 10/11/2006 9:18:21 AM EDT
[#48]
Yes it will happen. The thing that I fear most is how the sheep will react.

Elvis
Link Posted: 10/11/2006 9:32:17 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Wow, does this website have a lot of liberal wannabees on it.

Dropping the bomb on Japan was the single biggest lifesaving event in human history.

Many many many thousands of lives were saved.

The japans were already committing mass suicide to avoid falling into the hands of the “barbarians” and they were planning to fight for every last square inch of japanese soil.

The japs were also exterminating the Chinese like dogs.  At least 13 million were killed.

The japans and germans were also working on their own atomic bomb.

If you think we deserve for some psychotic Islamic scumbag to detonate a nuke in NYC because ultra-nationalist japanese decided to rule the world 60 years ago, well, you must be a liberal.
Link Posted: 10/11/2006 9:54:35 AM EDT
[#50]
I'd bet on it within 5 years.

With time, it becomes easier and easier for average crazy people to make what only the world's most powerful country could make 60 years ago.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top