Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Posted: 10/6/2006 2:28:48 PM EDT
Can gay people be cured into being heterosexuals?

Is it a disease or brain malfunction that is "cureable", or just how the person is and "uncureable"?

How would the cure work, aversion therapy or something else?
Link Posted: 10/6/2006 2:29:53 PM EDT
[#1]
apparently you can spank it out
Link Posted: 10/6/2006 2:31:52 PM EDT
[#2]
no clue.  I know one person that wasn't gay but was a little effeminite that was convinced that he was gay by a gay person.
Link Posted: 10/6/2006 2:32:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Only if they really want to be.  But if they did, they wouldn't be gay.
Link Posted: 10/6/2006 2:33:38 PM EDT
[#4]
If you put a small drop of lead behind their left ear...
Link Posted: 10/6/2006 2:33:58 PM EDT
[#5]
If you gave a straight person enough of the correct hormones you could "cure" them of being straight as well most likley.

Link Posted: 10/6/2006 2:34:09 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't know?

But I can share a thought that my grandpa said about bi-sexuals.

"Boy, there ain't no such thing as a bi-sexual. You either suck cock or you don't!!!"

That would make a good sigline.......
Link Posted: 10/6/2006 2:34:47 PM EDT
[#7]
That would imply that it is "natural" and cements what gay advocates have been pushing for: special treatment and protection.
Link Posted: 10/6/2006 2:35:04 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
If you gave a straight person enough of the correct hormones you could "cure" them of being straight as well most likley.

I wasn't aware that hormones had anything to do with sexual preference...
Link Posted: 10/6/2006 2:35:09 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Can gay people be cured into being heterosexuals?

Is it a disease or brain malfunction that is "cureable", or just how the person is and "uncureable"?

How would the cure work, aversion therapy or something else?

It is not curable. Once you've had sweaty man sex, you can never take that back.
Link Posted: 10/6/2006 2:36:20 PM EDT
[#10]
I've been cured for years!
Link Posted: 10/6/2006 2:36:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Yeah you can insult them enough they won't be gay when your around.
Link Posted: 10/6/2006 2:36:41 PM EDT
[#12]
You shouldnt be asking this with your screen name.
Link Posted: 10/6/2006 2:37:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Or you can just let them get married and wait 50 years.

Gay people dont reproduce do they?
Link Posted: 10/6/2006 2:38:54 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

They just adopt kids.....
Link Posted: 10/6/2006 2:40:01 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
You shouldnt be asking this with your screen name.

LMAO!  Good catch.
Link Posted: 10/6/2006 2:40:25 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
no clue.  I know one person that wasn't gay but was a little effeminite that was convinced that he was gay by a gay person.

He was gay, he just didn't know it yet.

There are plenty of gay men who don't fully admit to themselves that they are gay until their mid-20's after multiple relationships with women.

I personally know of a few cases where this happened.  My aunt dated a guy for 4 years who turned out to be gay.
Link Posted: 10/6/2006 2:40:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Sure.  It's called HIV.
Link Posted: 10/6/2006 2:40:58 PM EDT
[#18]
It's just the way their brains are wired.  They can't be converted anymore than you can.  People that insist it's a choice obviously feel the urge to go both ways, which explains their vitriolic reactions to homosexuals.
Link Posted: 10/6/2006 2:41:01 PM EDT
[#19]
I've spent my entire life as a butch lesbian trapped inside a mans body.
Link Posted: 10/6/2006 2:42:01 PM EDT
[#20]
You might try the approach they used in the movie, "A Clockwork Orange," where they made Malcom McDowell listen to music while watching X-rated movies. It straightened his ass right up (no pun intended). LOL!
Link Posted: 10/6/2006 2:42:23 PM EDT
[#21]
The Ruskies used to wire fags nuts to the mains until they stopped all their fagness…

ANdy
Link Posted: 10/6/2006 2:42:51 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

In season 3 of Penn & Teller's Bullshit they featured a lesbian couple who had 2 kids. One of the women was artificially inseminated with the semen of her "wifes" brother.
Link Posted: 10/6/2006 2:51:15 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

In season 3 of Penn & Teller's Bullshit they featured a lesbian couple who had 2 kids. One of the women was artificially inseminated with the semen of her "wifes" brother.

Geez.  So, technically, incest was committed, at least on a genetic level?  The woman who gave birth to the child gave birth to not only her daughter/son, but her sister/brother?  
Link Posted: 10/6/2006 2:53:31 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Geez.  So, technically, incest was committed, at least on a genetic level?  The woman who gave birth to the child gave birth to not only her daughter/son, but her sister/brother?  

No, the straight equivalent would be like doing it with your sis-in-law.
Link Posted: 10/6/2006 2:53:34 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No the guy who "Donated" his sperm wasn't directly related to who one who physically had the babies.
Link Posted: 10/6/2006 2:55:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Uh, No.
Link Posted: 10/6/2006 2:56:10 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
You might try the approach they used in the movie, "A Clockwork Orange," where they made Malcom McDowell listen to music while watching X-rated movies. It straightened his ass right up (no pun intended). LOL!

That was seriously fucked up, IIRC, everytime he got aroused he would become sick, it would bring him to his knees he was so sick.
Link Posted: 10/6/2006 2:56:43 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, the straight equivalent would be like doing it with your sis-in-law.

RODEO!!!!  
Link Posted: 10/6/2006 2:57:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Nah, being gay isn't a disease. It's a behavioural aberration, like being a weirdo.
Link Posted: 10/6/2006 3:00:05 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No the guy who "Donated" his sperm wasn't directly related to who one who physically had the babies.

Ok. Was he the brother of the so-called "husband" of the lesbian couple then?  If so, wouldn't the kid be like a half-brother/sister to the "hubby" then?  I've never been good at figuring out Jerry Springer relationships. Sorry.
Link Posted: 10/6/2006 3:00:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Religions seem to get involved with the "gays are wired that way" part, as if its the way they were created it would not be a sin.

I don't think you can give someone hormones and make them gay.  There was a study a couple of years ago about something in gay peoples brain chemistry being different.
Link Posted: 10/6/2006 3:00:41 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Sure.  It's called HIV.

...nice. Seriously.
Link Posted: 10/6/2006 3:02:36 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Religions seem to get involved with the "gays are wired that way" part, as if its the way they were created it would not be a sin.

I don't think you can give someone hormones and make them gay.  There was a study a couple of years ago about something in gay peoples brain chemistry being different.

I bet you could give them enough hormones to make them at least asexual.
Link Posted: 10/6/2006 3:07:58 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Uh, No.

People who have damage to hormone producing glands will completely lose their sex drive if they don't take additional supplements.  

Link Posted: 10/6/2006 3:08:41 PM EDT
[#35]
You are assuming there IS such a thing as homosexuality…

OK, I’m pretty darn sure there is in the sense that people engage in homosexual acts. (Never witnessed it personally though, so I have to take people’s word for it.) But there isn’t one single condition that makes people want to have homosexual sex. And that’s what’s missing in the whole discussion. We treat a symptom like it’s a single condition and it’s not.

For example, there are two gay men I know through a mutual friend and they act like normal well adjusted, people and are in a long term apparently stable relationship with each other. Their condition (if you want to call it that) appears to be the result of one abnormality in their otherwise healthy mental development. Those two don’t have anything in common with some of the incredibly maladjusted people who also carry the label of gay.

I’ve known both men and women who go through some experimentation but aren’t really homosexuals. They seem to be somewhat unsatisfied by normal sex and are constantly searching for something that will satisfy them. I figure a lot of the men who are always hopping in bed with another woman are in this category. At some point they will try out same sex relationships, probably disguised as a three way. (I know a few people that have followed this path) Maybe they will satisfaction in the gay life, maybe not.

And that brings up another point. I wonder just how much of the stereotypical homosexual’s behavior results from a fruitless search for satisfaction. I guess once they accept the label of “gay” they feel compelled to travel down that road as far as they can take it. Just getting them to reject the label might help bring them back… But they still aren’t going to know how to find satisfaction so they might end up in Europe at a sheep brothel somewhere…

Anyway, it might be possible to fix some homosexuals. But considering how little we really know about psychology we would be risking doing more damage and making things worse. I would much rather have a gay family member who forms long lasting monogamous relationships than a ‘straight’ one who screws sheep or has to dress up like a cartoon animal to get off.
Link Posted: 10/6/2006 3:30:58 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

OK, I’m pretty darn sure there is in the sense that people engage in homosexual acts. (Never witnessed it personally though, so I have to take people’s word for it.) But there isn’t one single condition that makes people want to have homosexual sex. ......

What attracts one person to another?  Is it a chemical, a signal, etc
Link Posted: 10/6/2006 3:34:48 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Sure.  It's called HIV.

...nice. Seriously.

Hey, actions have concequences.  And the idea that HIV is not a disease spread by homosexual males has been demonstrated as false, by history.

The only other significant way people get HIV is by sharing dirty needles (How my aunt, who has a hot spanish girlfriend ) got it.  

Where is the outbreak among hetero's???  
Link Posted: 10/6/2006 3:41:14 PM EDT
[#38]
No, you can't be "cured"; you are different from the general hetero population, not "sick" in some way that needs a "cure". I can't believe anyone even thinks that way anymore.
Link Posted: 10/6/2006 3:43:17 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

OK, I’m pretty darn sure there is in the sense that people engage in homosexual acts. (Never witnessed it personally though, so I have to take people’s word for it.) But there isn’t one single condition that makes people want to have homosexual sex. ......

What attracts one person to another?  Is it a chemical, a signal, etc

Gaydar…
Link Posted: 10/6/2006 3:48:31 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
No, you can't be "cured"; you are different from the general hetero population, not "sick" in some way that needs a "cure". I can't believe anyone even thinks that way anymore.

Until the mid-70's, the APA considered homosexuality to be a mental disorder.
Link Posted: 10/6/2006 3:50:56 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Sorry.  Some of us still feel that the PC Police are a bunch of whiney faggots and bull dykes.  
Link Posted: 10/6/2006 3:52:36 PM EDT
[#42]
unless you are gay and are hoping to be cured, it's pretty much none of your damn business whether you can "cure" anyone else who has made a decision about their life.
Link Posted: 10/6/2006 3:53:22 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Uh, No.

People who have damage to hormone producing glands will completely lose their sex drive if they don't take additional supplements.  

Apples and Oranges.  Yes, hormone levels certainly can have an effect on sex drive, but that has nothing to do with altering sexual orientation.  

Link Posted: 10/6/2006 3:54:56 PM EDT
[#44]
A gay man can be made heterosexual ONLY if it is possible that you could be made gay.

So ask yourself...is there ANYTHING a person could say, do or show you that would make you sexually desire a man? Is there some magically formula that would make you want to suck cock all day long?
Link Posted: 10/6/2006 3:56:03 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
unless you are gay and are hoping to be cured, it's pretty much none of your damn business whether you can "cure" anyone else who has made a decision about their life.

Good point.

As an aside, homosexuality belongs in the same places as heterosexuality.

Please note, this does not include ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS  
Link Posted: 10/6/2006 3:56:37 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
That would imply that it is "natural" and cements what gay advocates have been pushing for: special treatment and protection.

It is natural. This is why homosexuality can sometimes be seen in animals. It's not like they got converted during the chimpanzee pride parade.
Link Posted: 10/6/2006 3:57:27 PM EDT
[#47]
bigger question can foley be cured of being foley?
Link Posted: 10/6/2006 3:57:58 PM EDT
[#48]

Most people think that sexuality is a binary function. That is, you are straight or you are gay.
Nothing could be further from the truth, and there is a whole spectrum between being attacted to females, being attracted to both, and being attracted to males. This works for both sexes. And as far as science is concerned, most of the persons position in this spectrum of opportunity occurs during the 8th through 12th week of pregnancy.

A heterosexual female just happens to be attracted to males in very similar ways that a homosexual male is attracted to males.
Link Posted: 10/6/2006 3:58:55 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Until the mid-70's, the APA considered homosexuality to be a mental disorder.
And they changed that because they realized they were wrong. Things change, you know...slaves get freed, women get the vote....just because things were a certain way once does not mean it was right. Its called progress.
Link Posted: 10/6/2006 3:59:56 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
I don't know?

But I can share a thought that my grandpa said about bi-sexuals.

"Boy, there ain't no such thing as a bi-sexual. You either suck cock or you don't!!!"

That would make a good sigline.......

But a woman who does that could also like munching rug as well, so the statement is false.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top