Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/26/2006 5:41:54 AM EDT
Watched it last night with the wife. A very interesting show. Reminds me of "LOST" in that there are small clues in the series to connect everyone together.

Summary: Apparently, there are certain people among us who are the next "step up" in evolution. They possess special powers. A group of them discover their powers recently and they are slowly being drawn together by "fate" or "destiny" or secret forces.

An evloutinary scientist is being hunted and trying to uncover the mystery of these powers.

One can read minds
One has incredible regenerative powers (minimal feeling of pain)
One or Two can fly
One can teleport/stop time
One has some kind of EDIT (alter-ego --- this one was freaky)
One has glimpses of the future (and draws it)

I think there may be more. That is all I can remember.

After the show, my wife turns to me, smiles and says, "I would like to be elasti-girl, that way you could bend me anyway you want and it wouldn't hurt."

I told her that I would like to be able to control GRAVITY. Think about it. You could fly, be super-strong, create forcefields around you, crush anyone who got in your way, lift buildings, etc......

Over all, a very good show.

Link Posted: 9/26/2006 5:46:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Id like to have super musical powers!
Link Posted: 9/26/2006 5:47:19 AM EDT
[#2]
To be able to cast a "charm person" spell once a day as in D&D.
Link Posted: 9/26/2006 5:47:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Invisibility, probably.

It's a tough one. Flight would be great. Super strength might be nice. Indestructability could have its merits... but I think I'd choose the ability to turn invisible at will.
Link Posted: 9/26/2006 5:48:26 AM EDT
[#4]
the power to turn anything I touch into gold...wait...this has been done.

DUPE!!!1
Link Posted: 9/26/2006 5:50:14 AM EDT
[#5]
fore see the future would be nice.  It would help with investing.
Link Posted: 9/26/2006 5:50:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/26/2006 5:52:59 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Just one??
Link Posted: 9/26/2006 5:54:38 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just one??

Screw that Id take Magic missile!
Link Posted: 9/26/2006 6:05:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Theme music that just plays all around me when I'm doing stuff. It would match the moment -- kicking ass? Loud and powerful. Hitting it? Barry White.

Think about it -- what would Darth Vader be without his theme music? Or Shaft? Nuthin, that's what.
Link Posted: 9/26/2006 6:05:28 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Summary: Apparently, there are certain people among us who are the next "step up" in evolution. They possess special powers. A group of them discover their powers recently and they are slowly being drawn together by "fate" or "destiny" or secret forces.

An evloutinary scientist is being hunted and trying to uncover the mystery of these powers.

son of a BITCH....

I've got 150 pages of manuscript of a novel I've been playing with for about 4 years that is SO AMAZINGLY CLOSE to that, that its going to have to go straight into the shitter.

Link Posted: 9/26/2006 6:05:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/26/2006 6:14:42 AM EDT
[#12]
From the dawn of time we came; moving silently down through the centuries, living many secret lives, struggling to reach the time of the Gathering; when the few who remain will battle to the last. No one has ever known we were among you... until now.... er um oh,,,sorry never mind, forget I said that.
Link Posted: 9/26/2006 6:14:55 AM EDT
[#13]
I think most of you'all would settle for being "sponge-worthy".

Mind reading maybe....could be boring though.
Link Posted: 9/26/2006 6:15:35 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
One has some kind of guardian angle/being watching over her (this one was freaky)

I think this one may be more of a Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde kind of thing.
Link Posted: 9/26/2006 6:21:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/26/2006 6:25:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/26/2006 6:29:21 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
One has some kind of guardian angle/being watching over her (this one was freaky)

I think this one may be more of a Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde kind of thing.

That makes perfect sense!!! The video tape should reveal it.
Link Posted: 9/26/2006 6:31:46 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
From the dawn of time we came; moving silently down through the centuries, living many secret lives, struggling to reach the time of the Gathering; when the few who remain will battle to the last. No one has ever known we were among you... until now.... er um oh,,,sorry never mind, forget I said that.

There can be only one!!
Link Posted: 9/26/2006 6:32:07 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/26/2006 6:32:09 AM EDT
[#20]
The cheerleader had the best power of the bunch. Invincibility.
Link Posted: 9/26/2006 6:34:15 AM EDT
[#21]
Regenerative powers or telekinesis for me.
Link Posted: 9/26/2006 6:36:46 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There can be only one!!

Shhh,,can't tell them about the Gathering,,,this new tv show isn't helping.
Link Posted: 9/26/2006 6:40:21 AM EDT
[#23]
Mind Control

- Oh, hey baby *bzz bzz*
Link Posted: 9/26/2006 6:41:49 AM EDT
[#24]
Sounds like X-Men to me.
Link Posted: 9/26/2006 6:44:32 AM EDT
[#25]
height=8
Quoted:
Invisibility, probably.

It's a tough one. Flight would be great. Super strength might be nice. Indestructability could have its merits... but I think I'd choose the ability to turn invisible at will.

+1

This has always been my favorite.
Link Posted: 9/26/2006 6:45:22 AM EDT
[#26]
Control energy in its various forms. Use it to transform light directly into lightning, heat into gravity, ect...

The possibilities would be endless.
Link Posted: 9/26/2006 6:48:00 AM EDT
[#27]
My super power?   Hot chicks really dig me.   I could use that power, but only for good, of course.

Link Posted: 9/26/2006 6:48:42 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Sounds like X-Men to me.

That's exactly what I was thinking as I read this.
Link Posted: 9/26/2006 6:55:35 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/26/2006 6:56:32 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Invisibility, probably.

+1

This has always been my favorite.

I think we all dreamt we could have invisibility powers when we were in high school.

Seriously though, today ... i'd go with being able to see the future.
Link Posted: 9/26/2006 7:00:51 AM EDT
[#31]
Thats a tough one. INvisibility would be uber cool, but really not too practical unless your waanting to go to a life of crime. If your content being a criminal, ,you'd definitely be the best.

Flight would be cool, but you'd stand out like a sore thumb. Still cool.

I'd probably go with something along the lines of teleportation/time control or ability to manipulate metals much like Magneto has. You can do everything with teleportation/time control that you could do with flight, and do it faster. So flight becomes worthless in light of teleportation.

TOugh choice though really.
Link Posted: 9/26/2006 7:02:52 AM EDT
[#32]
I'd like to have 'find a job' powers.
Link Posted: 9/26/2006 7:04:18 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Invisibility, probably.

Just so you could sneak into the girls shower room, pervert.
Link Posted: 9/26/2006 7:07:41 AM EDT
[#34]
Teleportation.  Definitely.  I would dress as a ninja, teleport into important board room meetings, fart, and teleport out.  I'm serious.
Link Posted: 9/26/2006 7:07:45 AM EDT
[#35]
UNLIMITED AMMO
Link Posted: 9/26/2006 7:14:03 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
UNLIMITED AMMO

WINNER!

But thats what teleportation and the LC plant give you.
Link Posted: 9/26/2006 7:14:27 AM EDT
[#37]
Flaming boogers
Link Posted: 9/26/2006 8:02:16 AM EDT
[#38]
Teleportation... No more commercial air travel.
Link Posted: 9/26/2006 8:04:57 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 9/26/2006 8:11:47 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Until you go on a trip with someone else.  "I'll meet you there" is kind of a rude thing to do to your wife and kids.  
Link Posted: 9/26/2006 8:29:23 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
I'd like to have 'find a job' powers.

Hook me up with your powers after you're finished.
Link Posted: 9/26/2006 8:31:01 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Until you go on a trip with someone else.  "I'll meet you there" is kind of a rude thing to do to your wife and kids.  

Flip side is "Going out for a beer after work" equates to siitting on the beach in Hawaiii for an hour sipping a pina colada, and still making it back home in time for supper.
Link Posted: 9/26/2006 8:32:35 AM EDT
[#43]
I'd like to be able to reach through the internet and smack people.
Link Posted: 9/26/2006 8:46:11 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 9/26/2006 8:46:51 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Id like to have super musical powers!

Wow, being able to have the precise amount of Cowbell.
Link Posted: 9/26/2006 8:54:48 AM EDT
[#46]
See the future.
Link Posted: 9/26/2006 9:16:27 AM EDT
[#47]
The Force, along with the knowledge of how to make a Lightsaber.
Link Posted: 9/26/2006 9:24:49 AM EDT
[#48]
Problem is only three of the powers could be considered evolution type. I thought about it for a while, and for seeing the future, quick regeneration, and (although not seen last night,) mind reading are the only ones you can look at as a logical step forward in evolution. The others, flying, mirror woman, and time control/teleporting,(though as he explains it is is all one power,) are not evolution, rather magic.
Birds are evolved to fly. They didn't have wings. Time space warping, would mean that we already had some time space control now, and he could fine tune the control. Don't know where mirror woman comes in at all.
I did like the show, just a nit pick on the reason these people have powers.

The the future telling must suck because you have to be high to see anything, and there is no control over what you see. Why is it always bad?

Also, there seems to be no consiquenses(sp) of using the powers.
Lets start with regen girl. Even if it were possible, when you heal, it takes up energy. Yet she seems to be able to do it all day long. No extra food, not tired, doesn't need to sleep.
Stopping time or teleporting should be hard, but all he does is look like he needs to take a crap. No blood spurting from his nose.
Just another nit pick. The only one hurt by using his power is the future seeing guy.
Again, if it were an ability, it all costs us to use them. But not these people.
Link Posted: 9/26/2006 9:34:38 AM EDT
[#49]
I think mind reading would be pretty dang cool.

Then MAYBE I'd be able to understand women.   Well, not really understand them, just understand what their thoughts are.  I still don't think I'd be able to make sense of it, though!

Link Posted: 9/26/2006 9:46:16 AM EDT
[#50]
If you're talking about the powers on the show...
Flight.... defnitely flight. It's tough because chronokinesis/teleportation would be sweet and invulneability is also pretty awesome.... but still flight.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top