Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2001 9:58:49 AM EDT
Hey folks....  We're in Orlando for a few days for a NAFEM Convention and need to find top quality night life in the area of the Orange County Convention center.

I'm posting from an Internet center in the middle of the show, so I can't spend any quality time here.

Please leave your personal recommendations here, and I'll check on them as soon as possible.

Thanks guys!  [;)]
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 10:34:57 AM EDT
[#1]
There is always things happening "night-life" in Church Street Station (near down town).  Lots of party places.
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 10:37:43 AM EDT
[#2]
There used to be some good strip clubs on South Orange Blvd. (if I have the name right).  Saw some Pethouse Pets dancing at one of them.

For a really bizarre nightlife experience visit Disney World's Pleasure Island.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 10:39:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Damn Tim, you're only 45 minutes away...why don't you give me a call?
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 11:27:18 AM EDT
[#4]
RikWriter: I'm not anywhere that I can be reached via telephone, but if you call the Quality Inn Plaza on the 9000 block of International Blvd, you can leave a message under the room number of 3202.  That's Grin&Barrett's room!

We'll be doing dinner at 8:00 this evening, and then whatever afterwards...

Also, please leave messages here if it's easier!

Link Posted: 9/7/2001 11:38:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Visit "Shoot Straight" on Orange Blossom Trail.
This store has a pistol and rifle range,NO crappy rules,go full-auto,or rapid all day.
This store is VERY "evil gun" friendly,with dozens of ARs,AR conversions,AKs,Calicos,Benellis,and they used to have an AUG,M60,and a bunch of Mp5s/Mp5Ks.
Kick ass store.They have an Army gunsmith there too,with AR-15 knowledge up the wazoo.
Thank me later.
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 1:25:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Er... Sorry Nomad, Shoot Straight was on International Drive and went out of business about 2 yrs ago, was a nicce place though if you ignored all the tourists.
The closest range to the Convention center would be what used to be Mid-Florida Gun Sales & Range on 33rd street off of John Young Parkway across the street from the Orange Co. Jail (407-428-6225). It was sold and I'm not sure what the new name is
Next would be on Orange Blossom Trail (OBT) You have Reigs range between Americana Blvd and Oak Ridge Rd (407-859-5064)

As for night life, There is the Downtown/Church Street Station area, there is Pleasure Island at Down Town Disney (What used to be the Lake Buena Vista shopping center)or City walk at Universal Studios. Down town Disney also has a House of Blues, The food is realy good and music almost every night.

There are also some very nice restaurants in the Point Orlando mall. And for a steak dinner that would make a PETA member commit suicide, try Vito's Chop house on I drive (407-354-2467)
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 9:55:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Actually the range on I-Drive was Shooting Sports.
BTW, had dinner tonight with antiUSSA and GrinNBarrett and had a great time.  Great to see Tim up and healthy and consuming massive quantities of alcohol...
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 12:32:33 AM EDT
[#8]
All I know about Orlando, I learned from watching COPS.

Be careful, most of the hookers are guys in drag.

Don't leave your car anywhere where you can't shoot the thieves who'll be breaking into it.

And don't let Mickey Mouse grope your ass.
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 3:54:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Now that I've embarrassed myself, I stand corrected.[:I] Shoot Straight is in Apopka and I think Cassleberry and the Apopka store in on OBT WAYYYYYYY north of the convention center area. I tend not to go there because of:
A) distance
B) the treatment I got the first and last time I went there. "Yes it's my money and no you're not doing me a favor by letting me spend it here, and no I don't have wet leprosy so stop trying to avoid helping me"

Shooting Sports was on I drive right near the jet powered "Sky diving" place and the building is now a tourist trap t-shirt emporium

Glad to hear that you guys had a good time [beer]
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 4:32:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Go to the Church Street Station area.There are lots of pubs in that area.The best is a sing along piano bar.It is fricken hilarious.Plus LOTS of womenz.The atmosphere is kinda wild and loud.There is one little area of Church Street that has pubs/resteraunts on the 2nd floor--that's where it's at.Trust a Native---you'll have a blast!!!!
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 5:02:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Orlando Ale House on Kirkman Rd is a pretty good place to eat and drink. There are alot of good partying establishments downtown in close proximity to Church Street. Howl at the Moon, One-Eyed Jack's, Sloppy Joe's/Tuesdays, ect... As far as gun ranges go Reigs on South Orange Blossom Trail is good but have been shooting at Mid-Florida (let you shoot shotguns on their range)lately.
Doll House has very pretty womenz.
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 6:04:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Grin&Barret and I had a great time with RikWriter last evening...  thanks Rik!

Yep, I'm getting back to my regular consumption levels, especially when the Guiness is flowing.

I think we'll be doing BBQ somewhere this evening, and then the night life thing will commence ([i]or at least it damn well better[/i]).

The convention center just opened to the public, so I'm off to work now.  The rest of you lucky bastards that get to sleep in, can bite me!
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 6:47:43 AM EDT
[#13]
There is a relatively new BBQ place out on East 50 (Colonial Dr) called Johnny Rivers Smoke house. Johnny Rivers is one of the Master chefs that designed most of the restaurants for Disney.
I was there last weekend after hitting the Gun Show at the fairgrounds and it was great
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 6:52:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
There is a relatively new BBQ place out on East 50 (Colonial Dr) called Johnny Rivers Smoke house. Johnny Rivers is one of the Master chefs that designed most of the restaurants for Disney.
I was there last weekend after hitting the Gun Show at the fairgrounds and it was great
View Quote

Thanks for your recommendation...  this place has awesome BBQ!

5 of us dined there last evening, and without a doubt, would rate their pulled pork as some of the finest anywhere.  The chef personally came out and made sure that we sampled a bit of everything, especially since he was conjouring up new menu items and "special" sauces.

Aside from our regular ordered meals ([i]Combo Plates[/i]), we received numerous samples of other items, large enough for everyone at the table to be satisfied.

I have no doubt that we were given the VIP treatment, since we are here in Orlando for the NAFEM Show ([i]National Food Equipment Manufacurers[/i]).  We talked shop with both their Chef and restaurant manager ([i]the manager is a beautiful Russian woman[/i]), who were delighted to be able to "test" their new creations on us.

The service was outstanding and among the friendliest I've personally ever encountered.

[b]If you like BBQ, this place is a must![/b]

BTW:  We were NOT charged for any of the extra portions and/or smaples that we were brought...  Again, I'm sure that is directly related to the VIP treatment we received.

Link Posted: 9/9/2001 6:58:05 AM EDT
[#15]
One more thought;

If you are here for a pleasure trip and planning on enjoying the night life, [u]DO NOT[/u] eat at this place! We were looking very forward to spending a Saturday night on the town, but were all too full and immediately crashed in the hotel as soon as we returned from dinner around 10:30pm...  [sleep]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top