Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2001 8:30:24 PM EDT
I noticed yesterday that when I tried to insert the US Thermold 30 round mag into the magwell of my LEGP it had to be pushed real hard to get them to lock in.  These mags seat easily in my BM and I never had any problem with them before.  Once locked in they worked perfectly in the LEGP.  At home I tried every Thermold mag I have and noticed that all those marked with cavity mold 22H required "some" push while 21H required "much harder" push to lock in.  These mags were all new but have been used for a while in my BM so all the lips were cleaned off of any burrs.

Anybody else notice this with their LEGP?
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 9:22:40 PM EDT
[#1]
[purple][b]They wouldn't lock in my BM, until I sanded  a tiny bit of the first lip closest to the mag well.

I wouldn't know about the LEGP, I didn't get it yet.[:(][/b][/purple]  
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 7:56:37 AM EDT
[#2]
There's nothing wrong with your LEGP.  I noticed a couple of my Thermolds(21H and 22H) do not lock into my LEGP or Bushmaster as well as others. This is not a problem.  The Marine Corp manual states:

Press upward until magazine catch engages and holds magazine.
 Tap upward to make sure it's seated right.

Using the Thermolds that don't seat as well as others, I insert the magazine and use the but of my hand to pop it into place.  With the tolerances of the AR15 this is a common anomoly.  I first noticed this problem a few years ago when I was shooting my Bushmaster when it was about 35F using USGI mags.  Seat the mag then pop the floorplate with the butt of hand.  Works every time.

Spambo
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top