Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2001 6:55:45 PM EDT
I'm located in Eastern Alabama.  

I'm looking for somewhere to go boar hunting without spending a bunch and is within a 3 hour driving distance.

I've been looking at bostickplantation.com.
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 6:58:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I have always wanted to try too, sounds like a lot of fun.
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 7:25:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I went to this place a couple of years ago:

[url]www.out-doors.com/members/tellic.shtml[/url]

It was great and they had some huge boars. I took mine with a .45 Govt Model with ball ammo. Long story.

Make sure you have good lungs! This place is all steep hills and you will be sorry you went there if you don't have any lung capacity. We had two guys in our group that had to quit because they couldn't take the hills all day.

It is a great place though and the owner, Joe Meeks, is good people.
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 7:33:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Just find your local pig farm. Oh, and take a silencer. :)

We go in the Sam Houston National Forest down here in the Houston area. Those little (and big) suckers are fun to track down. Good luck on your search for a place, it is fun.
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 8:27:33 PM EDT
[#4]
have some balls and hunt um with . 22lr like us arkansas boys.
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 9:10:31 PM EDT
[#5]
If you had balls youd jump on its back and kill it with a knife.

My wifes uncle was arrested for doing that, at night.
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 9:10:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 10:25:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm located in Eastern Alabama.  

I'm looking for somewhere to go boar hunting without spending a bunch and is within a 3 hour driving distance.

I've been looking at bostickplantation.com.
View Quote

South Carolina is a good place to do it. They are not a game animal & you can hunt them as long as you have a hunting liscence. 3 day out of state small game liscence is only about $25.00. Wait until January to come. The weather will be good & deer season will be over (aug 15 - jan 1). Most places will let you hunt then either at reduced rates or maybe free if you can find a farmer or such. The hogs here will be primarily near rivers, swamps or tidal areas. They are a blast to kill for food as they do not have a gamey taste. They are better for you as well since they are lean. I hunt them near the Savanah River site in Aiken county, but have heard good things about the low-country.
Scott
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 10:44:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 1:28:16 PM EDT
[#9]
--------------------------------------------------------------
have some balls and hunt um with . 22lr like us arkansas boys.
--------------------------------------------------------------
posted by mattsd

Hey, he's looking for game, not a date. hehehehe
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 4:17:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Do you have a boat? That opens up some real possibilities in coastal SC. Hell you probably have pigs down near the Gulf coast yourself. Miss does.
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 4:11:37 AM EDT
[#11]
For everything you wanted to know about hog hunting, go the the "hog hunting" forums at HuntAmerica, here:  http://www.huntamerica.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi

I and three friends went to Crooked Creek Hunting Lodge in Tenn. last March.  Each of us got out hog in one day.  We had a great time.  Here's Crooked Creek's URL:

http://www.crookedcreekhunting.com/index2.htm

Good luck!

Merlin
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top