Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2001 2:10:43 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 3:04:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I want to be the first kid on my block to get a Gunny Hartman action figure.
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 7:29:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Ken Little is a sick dude!.........My son in law (in 3 months) is at parris island right now (hey,i don`t know how to spell it).....for your info....I, personally, have the utmost respect for ALL marines........[:)]
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 9:45:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 9:53:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Dan Daly and Smedley Butler each have TWO CMH's.

Dan Daly and his boys were at the Battle of Belleau Wood, pinned down by German machine guns, and under a gas attack.
Dan stood up, ripped off his gas-mask, and hollered:

[size=5]"C'mon you son's of bitches! Do you want to live forever?!"[/size=5]

...he then charged the MG position, and the Marines followed him.
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 9:53:40 AM EDT
[#5]
It`s about YOU......and you admit it....SO???????????.........[:)]
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 10:05:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 10:12:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Smedley?  What about Chesty?  Although I never got to meet him personally, I was around a lot of guys who did and a few who fought with him.  He was the man.

All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us... they can't get away this time.
View Quote

Chesty Puller on being surrounded.  Who else thinks like that?
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 10:19:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us... they can't get away this time.
View Quote

Chosin Reservoir wasn't it?

[img]http://www.rleeermey.com/images/dinspection.gif[/img]

Semper Fidelis
Kiwi
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 11:30:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Private Joker is silly and he's ignorant, but he's got guts, and guts is enough.
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 11:31:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Smedley is in reference to Smedley Butler, a USMC Major who was awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor for actions taken during the Boxer Rebellion.  Upon being attacked by hordes of Chinese, he and GySgt Dan Daly set up a machine gun position near a breach in the wall of the American compound, and saved the day.

And yes, it IS Parris Island.

I just don't know why you'd refer to me as sick because of my post.  I'm not denying that I AM a sick individual, mind you, but am still wondering what was sick about this post!

Semper Fi!

Ken Little
View Quote

GySgt Daly received his first MOH in China 1901, his second in Haiti 1915.

But Major Smedley is listed was having received
his first MOH in Vera Cruz 1914 and the second at Haiti 1915.

[url]http://www.usmc.mil/moh.nsf/[/url]
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 12:33:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top