Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2001 4:26:23 PM EDT
down on the Interstate??

Isn't it bad enough already?
I have seen those poor bastard's cars broken down on the Interstate with a red citation on their windshield or antenna, and heartily disapproved as I drove by. Now I got one when I accepted a ride to the nearest exit service station after sitting there for 20 minutes in the 95 degree weather. Would I have gotten one if I had been sitting there when the FHP arrived? The situation would have been the same.
Wonder if you can beat it in court?
What genius at the Highway Patrol thought up this public relations coup??

Link Posted: 8/31/2001 4:28:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't see a reason to give someone a ticket for that other then to be a dickhead.
Link Posted: 8/31/2001 4:37:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Civilians need to be put in their place as often as possible.
Link Posted: 8/31/2001 4:42:14 PM EDT
[#3]
One word........MONEY!

Money is why state highway patrol exists.
Link Posted: 8/31/2001 4:43:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Its call a "FIX-IT" ticket.
Link Posted: 8/31/2001 5:31:06 PM EDT
[#5]
When we "red sticker" a car that has been left on the highway, that is a warning that in 24 hours your car can be towed. We do that when the car is in the right of way and in a spot that it could be hit by another car. No, you would not have had one if you were there.(At least not in Tx.) We have to warn a vehicle before we tow it, unless it is in the lane of traffic and a danger to other cars. I usually wait 4 hours from the time I first see one before I "sticker" it that gives the owner time to come back.
If you were there, I would try to help you get back on the road, ether with my own hands or by calling a wrecker for you.
Some of us do it more for safety then revenue.
SK
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top