Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2001 7:38:55 PM EDT
what is the difference between a pre ban Colt lower and a pre ban Eagle  arms lower?
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 8:03:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Colt made colt lowers and Eagle Arms made eagle arms lowers.

Like Bulgaria made the SLR-95 AK clone and Hungary Made the SA 85-M.  
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 8:16:19 PM EDT
[#2]
slr 95's are milled and  sa 85-m are stamped aren't they ?Any way how about pin size sear blocks and mil spec stuff?
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 12:52:12 AM EDT
[#3]
The preban Eagle Arms lower has the cool "Eagle" logo painted on the front of the magwell.

Colt doesn't.
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 4:55:55 AM EDT
[#4]
It really depends on the year the colt was made to whether it had small pins.  Prehaps if you rephrased your question to be more specific you might get better answers.
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 2:04:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Ok do Eagle Arms lowers have a sear block are there front pivet pin small are they mil spec?
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 2:06:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Ok do Eagle Arms lowers have a sear block are there front pivet pin small are they mil spec?
View Quote

No sear block, pivot pin looks small, and not sure about mil-spec.

It is my favorite AR15 rifle variant though.

I have or had: Colt, Bushmaster, Eagle and RMA.
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 2:12:02 PM EDT
[#7]
If it doesn't read "(X)M16-whatever PROPERTY OF US GOVT" on the receiver it AIN'T mil spec, no matter who makes it. [rolleyes] Eagle arms lowers have a partially milled sear area to prevent inserting a DIAS, but at least use standard pins. All current non-M16 lowers have some kind of sear block, and only a BM and some early sporters/semi receivers will accept a DIAS unmodified. Who cares?

FWIW I like my Eagles better than my Colts. YMMV
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 3:16:47 PM EDT
[#8]
$$$$$
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 4:27:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top