Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2001 6:00:15 PM EDT
What is a fair price for a used security six?  It appears to be in pretty good condition.  
It’s a consignment gun at my local indoor range.
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 6:04:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I am seeing them in Fla for $225 to $250.They are GREAT guns! Get it if you can!
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 6:08:56 PM EDT
[#2]
A friend has one that shoots FINE. He has had it for years, shot thousands of rounds & is still tight. GREAT double action that "stacks" easily. I would say about $250 if it's tight & in good shape.
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 6:15:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Heh, it was marked at $350 but it had a "Sale" tag on it today for $319.

I don't have a revolver and I’d like a 357.  The new aftermarket grips make them really nice.  I’ve also been hearing more about 38LC.  Now if I could have a John Wayne gun…
Anyone have info on the 38LC?
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 7:16:00 PM EDT
[#4]
38LC ??  Do you mean 38Long Colt??  Nothing Special about that.
As for the Ruger Security -Six, I have had 2.  First was stolen in '83, bought another (4" Heavy Barrel) right after.  A good solid, and very strong gun.  But, in all honesty, I wouldn't pay over $250 for a VG example.  The S&W 19, L Frames and N Frames (M27 and M28), have smoother triggers.  The L Frame Smith's can be had for under $300, and are fine guns. If I had my choice of a VG Smith and a VG Ruger, I would take the Smith.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top