Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2001 5:51:36 PM EDT
I'm STOPPED at a red light today after another miserable day at work, and a moron slams the shit out of my truck from behind. Messes up the bumper, rear quarter panel, and tailgate. Now my pristine truck gets the Bondo Mondo repair job. Thanks,Damir. He was a Bosnian who couldn't speak English, but he managed to get a Fla. drivers license. He really didn't need to make a special trip to the U.S. just to fuck me up, because I seem to be making more dramatic evasive maneuvers all the time these days to avoid smashups. Is it just Florida or is everyone getting ruder and stupider?

Link Posted: 8/23/2001 5:54:47 PM EDT
[#1]
People drive like crap here in Michigan too.  I lost count how many accidents I've narrowly avoided, as a result of people not paying attention.  Been lucky so far!
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 5:56:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 5:58:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't feel too bad, It's everywhere!  People seem to have no regard for traffic laws anymore.  When I see people in minivans with their children or grandchildren running 15-20 miles above the speed limit, it makes me sick!
Frelling morons!

David
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 6:09:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Call his ins co and tell them you have some back pain and want to know if they will pay for the chiro! They will shit a brick and cut you a check for $1-2 thou to settle the personal injury right away. Bingo - new AR!

My poor commuter car (a "92 Honda Accord, I don't drive my awesome new F150 SuperCrew to work - too many idiots) has been nailed twice. First one was a type-A yuppie lady yakking on her cell phone, second was another type-A beeotch driving too fast in the rain. I bought a killer AR and a nice Stratocaster guitar so far. The car is fine, and guess what? My back feels so much better now. [:D]
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 6:18:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Call his ins co and tell them you have some back pain and want to know if they will pay for the chiro! They will shit a brick and cut you a check for $1-2 thou to settle the personal injury right away. Bingo - new AR!

My poor commuter car (a "92 Honda Accord, I don't drive my awesome new F150 SuperCrew to work - too many idiots) has been nailed twice. First one was a type-A yuppie lady yakking on her cell phone, second was another type-A beeotch driving too fast in the rain. I bought a killer AR and a nice Stratocaster guitar so far. The car is fine, and guess what? My back feels so much better now. [:D]
View Quote

I could easily claim an injury, that bumper car jolt I got really sent a shock wave up my spine-but I don't intend to. The ironic thing is, the van to my right in the other lane was also involved, and it contained three kids and the mother. It literally wasn't even dented, and I got word tonight that they are all claiming whiplash. LOL...

Link Posted: 8/23/2001 6:25:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Ok soccer moms in mini-van are bad!!! But where I use to live they all drove the biggest suburban they could get and talked on cell phones now talk about scary they don't even know how to drive a VW bug and some crazy person gives them a suburban to drive.
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 7:03:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Rear-ended?  Shouldn't this be part of the "Heather Has Two Mommies" thread?
[:D]
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 7:32:06 PM EDT
[#8]
I got nailed the other day, too - I was stopped, with my turn signal on, in front of the shop where I work, waiting for oncoming traffic to go by so I could make a left turn into the lot. I happened to look in the rearview mirror and saw a minivan flying towards me (45mph zone) - just then he locked up his brakes, swerved to his right, and [b]impact[/b]. 2 factors minimized the damage to my truck; first, he swerved enough to just strike a glancing blow to the extreme right corner of my bed, missing the tailgate completely and only bending the bumper and crumpling the last foot of bed side. His van, however, scraped the entire driver's side over my bed corner [:D] Second, the 1500lbs of axles and transfer case that was in my bed at the time gave me a little more mass - he didn't even move my truck when he hit. He's damn lucky that he looked up when he did, otherwise he would have ran straight into Mr Class III Trailer Hitch at 35-40mph, and that wouldn't have been a pretty sight as he didn't have a seatbelt on. The last 2 feet of my bed is getting hacked off as part of an upcoming truck project, anyway, so it wouldn't have bothered me any LOL. I sure hope that it was absolutely vital for him to find the item he was looking for [b]right then.[/b]
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 7:50:57 PM EDT
[#9]
You oughtta see what I see throughout the day from the windshield of a BUS.

I call it "Windshield Time"...just like watching a show.  

Just blame the Liberals.  It's their fault.
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 8:15:52 PM EDT
[#10]
I got hit twice RIGHT AFTER I paid off my POS truck which was a replacement I was forced to buy after my first damn car was stolen.

1. Drunk dumbass kid rear ends the thing while it is parked on the side of the street! He didn't get arrested or did the cops tow his messed up f150 away. They made ME help push his leaking gas piece of crap next to the curb.

2. 3 months after a month of and $3500 in repairs a stupid soccermom runs into me while I am at a 4 way stop. She says she was looking for her purse. Shit! Then to add insult to injury she gives me insurance info written down on a STARFUCKS notepad. 2 weeks to get that one fixed.

My truck never has run the same since and I think the frame or suspension is tweaked because it keeps going out of alignment. I am so mad I just want to spit.
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 10:03:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Brought to you by Audi.

[img]http://home.earthlink.net/~thegardenweasel/riprear.jpg[/img]

[img]http://home.earthlink.net/~thegardenweasel/rip.jpg[/img]

It was flying too.

Link Posted: 8/23/2001 10:05:16 PM EDT
[#12]
When I was 18, I had three rear end collisions-that I caused! The last guy I hit, a big guy with arms the size of my legs, says, " Are you aware of how stupid you are?"  I said, " I am now." I was part of the problem then. Thankfully, I'm better now.
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 7:24:27 AM EDT
[#13]
First off...I've hit someone in the rear.

BUT, I believe this ticket should be big time expensive!  It's like $50-75 usually.

This is without a doubt the dumbest thing you can do in a motor vehicle...fail to look out the biggest damn window in the vehicle.

This and failure to yield need stiffer fines.

Just my humble opinion.
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 7:45:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Rear-ended?  Shouldn't this be part of the "Heather Has Two Mommies" thread?
[:D]
View Quote

Of course, you've heard of the homo with a good (oxymoron?) lawyer.  He got a sodomy charge reduced to tailgating.

Norm
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 12:57:26 PM EDT
[#15]
I fly the traffic watch bird and the answer is....NO.  Dumbass is the norm even in lil' ol' Boise.  I have seen everything from Combines on the freeway to Harleys off of overpasses.  Six car chain reactions on dry pavement in the daytime, cars inverted in full canals, there is no end.

Here is the kicker, they are all just dieing to get to work, or home whatever.  We affectionately refer to them as lemmings.

I live 1.5 miles from my garage to the hangar door and was T boned within site of my house last winter.  Dumbass neighbor's daughter doing 50 in a 35 fishing around on the floor for her purse and ran the two way stop.  Third time in my life a car has hit my driver door.  Planerench out.
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 2:47:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Two weeks ago at 2 AM Friday a 17 year old kid drove across my lawn and took out the transformer that delivers power to my house. He dropped a kid off three houses away (maybe 500 ft. Told the cop he missed the turn. There is no turn just a slight bend in the road. Kid was not drunk or on drugs just DUMB!
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 2:56:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Welcome to the changing Face of America. Immigration is at an all time high, Hispanics recently surpassed Blacks as the largest minority in the US. By 2050(I will be a cool 100)white males will be the minority in this country.Of course, not that this is a bad thing, I fully believe in diversity, social equality, Marxism, Fidelism, communism.
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 3:19:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
You oughtta see what I see throughout the day from the windshield of a BUS.

I call it "Windshield Time"...just like watching a show.  

View Quote

I'll agree with that.  Get a great show at work through the windshield of a tractor trailer.
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 5:22:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Last night I worked a four car major accident where a dumbass guy in a mustang was high as a kite and rear ended another vehicle and pushed that vehicle into another and that one into another one.  The guy in the mustang gets out of his car looks at the damage and strips down butt naked in the middle of an eight lane roadway.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 5:30:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 6:59:41 PM EDT
[#21]
I got T-boned in Atlanta about 2 months ago by a pickup truck that ran a red light.  He said that he dropped something on the floor and when he reached for it, he hit the gas.  I swerved to the left and if the he had stopped, I could have made it around him.  Damned automatic transmissions.  If he had been driving a manual, this would not have happened.  Just think of all the traffic that would not be around if the outlawed auto trannies [:D]

If it had my RX7 Turbo II Anniversary Edition that he hit, I would be typing this from jail, if at all.
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 8:30:07 PM EDT
[#22]
In 1996 I got rearended on my Harley Lowrider while sitting at a red light waiting to make a right turn, got bounced into the intersection and missed getting creamed by oncomming traffic by inches. Believe it or not I did not fall down, I came to a rest standing up with the rear fender, wheel, and taillight/license plate almost up my ass. The friggin moron that hit me did not have a valid license or insurance. Cost me my deductible, but I got that back after my insurance company got done with the idiot, got my bike back like new with a few custom goodies and hope I never have something like that happen again. The only thing the simple fuck that hit me wanted to know was why I was stopped at the red light.
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 8:37:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Nope.
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 8:44:10 PM EDT
[#24]
A similar thing happened to me 2 weeks ago. Damn idiots T-Boned us pretty bad. My back still hurts but I hope it gets better. I can't go to a chiropractor since I can't pay for it. Those idiots didn't have any insurance. Oh well, forgive & forget right?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top