Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2001 2:41:30 PM EDT
I'm talking about the Winchester look alikes. I saw one today and thought about getting one for my daughter. If you have one give me a reveiw, accuracy, reliability, trigger, the works.
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 2:51:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Got one in a trade but have never shot it so can't help you out.  But someday I'm gonna practice my one handed Rifleman moves.
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 3:18:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Got one about 3 weeks ago along with a Browning BL22.
Very nice gun.
The action is as smooth as glass...not gritty like the BL22(for example)
Good sights and accuracy good enough for plinking. I never did any accuracy tests per se, but I could easily hit a gatorade bottle 90% of the time off-hand a 60yds.
I put 150 rounds through it, and not a hiccup...even the BL22 and Ruger 10/22 both jammed/failed-to-feed once each.
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 4:28:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Got one in a trade but have never shot it so can't help you out.  But someday I'm gonna practice my one handed Rifleman moves.
View Quote

How about making it tommorrow and report back here? [:D]
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 6:51:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I've got one. I bought it specifically for Aguilla Colibris, since they won't cycle any of my semi-autos. It holds something like 20 of them.
I can't really comment on accuracy, since I've only fired Colibris through it and only at close range(<50yards), but it seems extremely reliable and I'm happy with it. I sometimes wish I would have spent the extra money for the Winchester 9422, but I got the Henry for $180 or so at Wal-Mart, so it was a good deal.
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 7:01:29 PM EDT
[#5]
How much do the henry's run.
I currently have a winchester
Model 94 Trails End(.357 mag).
Paid $350 for the Mod 94.
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 7:26:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Well the more I think about it the more I feel that a Winchester 9422 is more of a pass it down to your child kind of gun than the Henry. It's a rifle she can be proud to own. I think I'll dig a little deeper.
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 7:33:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top