Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2006 12:58:24 PM EDT
Not Really, but useless info for Jeoprdy

But I did get the 2004 ones
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gun deaths:    Violent                        29,174
                       Leagal Intervention    347
                       Unintentional               730
                       Undetermined              232
                       Total                          30,136

Vehicle Deaths:
                        All                             47,603

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got these off of "Centers for Disease Control and Prevention"  website.
Took me a while to get it done.
Not  whole lot of room for "Cars kill more than guns" debate.

I think "Legal Intervention" is LEO and firing squad, but I dont think they caculated in the LEO's against Dogs

EBTSNA
Edited Before the Spelling Nazis arrived
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 1:16:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 1:20:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I just did a speach in Communications about gun saftey and used that "730 unintentional deaths" stat. Alot of people looked surprised the number was so low. However, EricRCN's (I think thats his name on this board-- hes the guy who shot himself in the hand with a glock .40) pictures were an interesting reaction to open with.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top