Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/19/2006 8:38:42 AM EDT
Have you noticed that there has been so much media coverage of OKC, but nary a peep about Waco?
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 8:39:18 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Have you noticed that there has been so much media coverage of OKC, but nary a peep about Waco?

that's because OKC is much harder to debate
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 8:45:11 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Everyday for two months and more after that. How is that nary a peep ?
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 8:51:24 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Everyday for two months and more after that. How is that nary a peep ?

Are you talking about in here?  Of course it's discussed regularly here.

I said in the media.  I haven't seen anything about Waco on the news shows.  If it's been getting regular coverage, I guess I've been tuned in to the wrong channels at the wrong times.
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 9:12:22 AM EDT
[#4]
I haven't heard even the slightest mention of Lexington, MA on the news, either.

I'd be willing to bet that 90% of Americans have no idea of what happened there on this date.

Link Posted: 4/19/2006 9:14:11 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I haven't heard even the slightest mention of Lexington, MA on the news, either.

I'd be willing to bet that 90% of Americans have no idea of what happened there on this date.

Link Posted: 4/19/2006 9:21:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 9:24:03 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
www.britishbattles.com/images/concord-lexington/british-troops-l.jpg

Most public school children have no idea what the British were after when they marched on Lexington and Concord.

That information is curiously absent from the textbooks.
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 9:34:54 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

My daughter, who turned 10 today, knew!

She also knows what happened at Waco and OKC....unfortunately.
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 9:36:46 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
www.britishbattles.com/images/concord-lexington/british-troops-l.jpg

Most public school children have no idea what the British were after when they marched on Lexington and Concord.

That information is curiously absent from the textbooks.

I was living in Walpole, MA during the bicentennial, and I remember that in April, the Boston Globe's weekly magazine was solely devoted to Lexington/Concord. DAMN, I wish I had saved it, because it was extremely well done. The school I was going to also took us on a field trip to the freedom walk. I wonder if anybody even bothers anymore...

My daughter, who turned 10 today, knew!

Good on her! (and you, too--I doubt she got that information at school)
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 9:46:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Did Janet Reno realize what date it was when she ordered the assault on the compound because of a purported arsenal was on the same day as the British attack on Concord to destroy a reported arsenal?

Looks like she had forgotten her history...
Top Top