Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2006 2:42:17 PM EDT
is it okay to superglue a knife cut together?
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 2:46:15 PM EDT
[#1]
if you clean the wound really well, i have heard that it is ok, but i'm not a doctor, nor did i recently stay in a holiday inn, so i'm interested to see what a real doc will say
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 2:46:56 PM EDT
[#2]
ARDOC's experience is more with axe wounds than knife cuts, but I guess he can help you with your gash.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 2:47:45 PM EDT
[#3]
well mine is pretty deep so i want his advice first :O).... currently without health insurance...
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 2:48:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I had a half inch deep by 1-1/4 inch long cut from a utility knife in the web of my left hand. Super glue worked fine for it.

Link Posted: 4/18/2006 2:49:40 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
ARDOC's experience is more with axe wounds than knife cuts, but I guess he can help you with your gash.

take 2 pink tacos and a bearded clam and call us in the morning
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 2:52:07 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/18/2006 2:59:25 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
is it okay to superglue a knife cut together?

That totally depends on the severity of the cut.

(i.e. if you have sliced your finger half way off...super glue aint going to cut it no pun intended)
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 3:02:59 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/18/2006 3:06:18 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
well mine is pretty deep so i want his advice first :O).... currently without health insurance...

How deep?

For your average poor health insuranceless individual, superglue is great.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 3:06:41 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I just spoke to ARDOC. He said to take two tampons and call him in the morning.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top