Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/18/2006 8:40:28 AM EDT
He is freaking out about the Rumsfield/General issue. I mean he is borderline Howard Dean scream at times. It is hilarious to hear him yelling.

GR
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 8:43:11 AM EDT
[#1]
blah blah blah blah, buy my book!, blah blah blah, mmmm donuts, blah blah blah, sorry folks time for a sedative break!
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 8:46:30 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
blah blah blah blah, buy my book!, blah blah blah, mmmm donuts, blah blah blah, sorry folks time for a sedative break!

Heritic!  
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 8:46:41 AM EDT
[#3]
I used to sit here at work and listen to talk radio all day, then one day..... It dawned on me that I was filling myself with anger and paranoia.

I think there are great radio talk shows, but listening in moderation is the key.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 8:47:03 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I was reading one of his books years ago. At one part, he said something like "If you would rather be trading animal skins for wampum, please stop reading now".....

So I did. never picked it up again, either.

GR
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 9:18:24 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was reading one of his books years ago. At one part, he said something like "If you would rather be trading animal skins for wampum, please stop reading now".....

GR

So, how much wampum for that animal skin??

I thought Rush was on a roll this morning with the Rumsfeld issue.  When one general wrote down his six criticisms of Rummy they were the same democratic talking points of the last few years.  Rush's rant on what democrats and the drive-by media put up with when they have a democratic president was pretty brutal (the first black president standing by while Rwanda got their genocide act together.)

A little Rush can go a long way, especially when he exposes the duplicity of the media.  They must be a self loathing bunch.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 9:20:01 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I used to sit here at work and listen to talk radio all day, then one day..... It dawned on me that I was filling myself with anger and paranoia.

I think there are great radio talk shows, but listening in moderation is the key.  

Same for me.  But then I found ARFCOM, it angries up the blood and lets me join in.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 9:20:02 AM EDT
[#7]
lol.

He's rabid about support for bush one day, then the next he's tries to tow the line of a free-thinking libertarian.  What a rube.

Michael Savage is the only entertaining and enlightening Nation wide talk show I know of.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 9:20:50 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Michael Savage is the only entertaining and enlightening Nation wide talk show I know of.

Link Posted: 4/18/2006 9:23:01 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

GR

So, how much wampum for that animal skin??

I thought Rush was on a roll this morning with the Rumsfeld issue.  When one general wrote down his six criticisms of Rummy they were the same democratic talking points of the last few years.  Rush's rant on what democrats and the drive-by media put up with when they have a democratic president was pretty brutal (the first black president standing by while Rwanda got their genocide act together.)

A little Rush can go a long way, especially when he exposes the duplicity of the media.  They must be a self loathing bunch.

Looks like we have some self-loathing types here too.

Link Posted: 4/18/2006 9:24:11 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Huge +1!
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 9:33:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 9:36:58 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1  
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 9:42:07 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
In 8 years of Clinton he only did ONE thing right.

I gotta admit telling Monica that semen was a proven fatburner when ingested orally was a stroke of genius

Getting the head of the FDA to come in and tell her personally was a nice touch as well
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 10:08:39 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

So you come to arfcom to get away from it?
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 10:16:13 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
lol.

He's rabid about support for bush one day, then the next he's tries to tow the line of a free-thinking libertarian.  What a rube.

Uh . . . OK, so does it make more sense for him to support Bush on EVERYTHING no matter what it is, or to agree with Bush on some things, and tell his listeners what Bush is doing wrong also?

You've got it bass-ackwards.  It's GOOD that Rush doesn't blindly follow Bush.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 10:17:13 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1  

he's angry, loud, and utterly unashamed of his ignorance in the ways of the military, so yeah it's entertaining.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 10:18:57 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

WTF?  Have you ever heard his show?  He doesn't talk about his books, he eats well, and I'm so tired of hearing about his painkiller addiction.  He had severe pain, so he needed the meds anyway, and those pills ARE addictive.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 10:29:29 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF?  Have you ever heard his show?  He doesn't talk about his books, he eats well, and I'm so tired of hearing about his painkiller addiction.  He had severe pain, so he needed the meds anyway, and those pills ARE addictive.

First, addiction is an indication of a weak mind.  That should tell you something about Rush.
Second, I'm sure he's tired of hearing about his addiction, too, but the prick brought it upon himself when he said ALL addicts should be locked away forever.  People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.  They certainly shouldn't open up with artillery.  

CO
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 10:33:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Rush has the innate ability to recall the dirty little details that expose the treachery of the Liberals and the media.

He is unparalleled in that regard.  Sean Hannity is a just a cheerleader and Michael Savage rants too much.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 10:33:46 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

First, addiction is an indication of a weak mind.  That should tell you something about Rush.
Second, I'm sure he's tired of hearing about his addiction, too, but the prick brought it upon himself when he said ALL addicts should be locked away forever.  People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.  They certainly shouldn't open up with artillery.  

CO

Please cite your sources.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 10:35:54 AM EDT
[#21]
I would never say I listen to talk radio a lot but when I'm in the car I often check on what they are talking about. All it does is make me angry and depressed, a lot of the times I don't even like the position some of those blow hards like Rush take. This just reminded me, I was driving b/w Baltimore and Philadelphia about a month ago and caught "The Michael Medved" show. No sooner had I tuned in than he just got completely OWNED by a caller. I was emberassed for him. He basically had to hang up on the guy because he was a mental midget in comparison. He started stuttering and stumbling to come up with retorts. pretty funny.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 10:37:44 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
He is freaking out about the Rumsfield/General issue. I mean he is borderline Howard Dean scream at times. It is hilarious to hear him yelling.

Then YOU must be on drugs.

I listened and he was extremely in control of the discussion.

Don't take the whole tab, next time. Cut it in half and only take a half-dose.

Eric The(Concerned)Hun
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 10:39:03 AM EDT
[#23]
oh yea, I also love how Rush tries to "explain" why he couldn't serve in vietnam. A pilonidal cyst. For those that don't know it is basically a cyst at the top of your ass crack that is painful. Anyway, it is a very easy and common surgery to fix and takes about a month to heal. He could have been humping a pack in the jungle just as easy as everyone else that got their number called.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 10:39:25 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

...sorry folks time for a sedative break!

I won't deny that addiction to anything, especially prescription drugs is a no go in my book, but it irritates me that the left mercilessly berates him on this, when so many leftist figures are into drugs themselves - hippies, musicians, artists, etc. - not to mention the whole drug legalization crowd.  

Highly hypocritical, but unsurprising.

Link Posted: 4/18/2006 10:39:44 AM EDT
[#25]

Wow.

Eric The(Just,Wow)Hun
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 10:44:32 AM EDT
[#26]
Rush is one of the wisest men I have ever heard speak. I enjoy his show more than any other show on the TV, radio, or internet.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 10:44:59 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
lol.

I used to liike the early Michael Savage, when he was a local San Fran talk show host.  But shortly before he went national he fell off his rocker.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 10:45:12 AM EDT
[#28]
Jealousy.

It's such a nasty, ugly thing.

Can you Libs put up anyone that can match Rush?

Nope.

Not Mario Cuomo, not Jim Hightower, not Al 'Freakin' Franken.

Not anyone!

Kiss our Red-state azzzzz.

Eric The(WayThingsOughtaBe)Hun
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 10:50:18 AM EDT
[#29]
Never mind!
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 10:54:46 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:
lol.

I used to liike the early Michael Savage, when he was a local San Fran talk show host.  But shortly before he went national he fell off his rocker.  

In what way?  I listen to him a night per week or so, and find him to be right on target.  He yells and berates idiot callers a bit, but that's just for entertainment.  And entertain, he does!
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 10:55:53 AM EDT
[#31]
Rush is a loon... a rich intelligent drug addict loon who knows exactly what BS he is spouting... but it works for listeners & cash.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 10:57:39 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
lol.

In what way?  I listen to him a night per week or so, and find him to be right on target.  He yells and berates idiot callers a bit, but that's just for entertainment.  And entertain, he does!

It's hard to explain if you never heard his old shows.  After a while of being the "Voice of reason" in the bay he completely lost it.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 11:00:51 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Rush is a loon... a rich intelligent drug addict loon who knows exactly what BS he is spouting... but it works for listeners & cash.

Do you listen to his show?

He is spot on practically all the time.  Sometimes it borders on amazing.

And why did you mention that he was rich?  By the context, it must be to berate him.  Well, if you're going to berate someone for being successful, why should we listen to any of your other ignorant opinions?
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 11:17:23 AM EDT
[#34]
Class envy.

That's the first weapon of choice for the Libtards.

As I said, jelousy is such an ugly thing.

Eric The(Happy)Hun
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 11:25:30 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

CO

Old transcripts are hard to come by, but if you dig enough you come up with this:

23 Sep 1993: "I know every expert in the world will disagree with me, but I don't buy into the disease part of drug abuse. The first time you reach for a substance you are making a choice. Every time you go back, you're making a personal choice. I feel very strongly about that."

5 Oct 1995:  "What this says to me is that too many whites are getting away with drug use. Too many whites are getting away with drug sales. Too many whites are getting away with trafficking in this stuff. The answer to this disparity is not to start letting people out of jail because we're not putting others in jail who are breaking the law. The answer is to go out and find the ones who are getting away with it, convict them and send them up the river, too."

You are correct, I mis-quoted him.  He never said forever.

CO
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 11:27:42 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

CO

Old transcripts are hard to come by, but if you dig enough you come up with this:

23 Sep 1993: "I know every expert in the world will disagree with me, but I don't buy into the disease part of drug abuse. The first time you reach for a substance you are making a choice. Every time you go back, you're making a personal choice. I feel very strongly about that."

5 Oct 1995:  "What this says to me is that too many whites are getting away with drug use. Too many whites are getting away with drug sales. Too many whites are getting away with trafficking in this stuff. The answer to this disparity is not to start letting people out of jail because we're not putting others in jail who are breaking the law. The answer is to go out and find the ones who are getting away with it, convict them and send them up the river, too."

You are correct, I mis-quoted him.  He never said forever.

CO

0wned
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 11:29:57 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So you come to arfcom to get away from it?

It's far worse than that, I used to be partners in another Gunboard on the internet.  My partner sold me out and took off. Told everyone I just helped him out

So, now that I don't even post on the board I helped to build I hang out here and watch for AR parts.  I got just about everything I need for my project and will probably take off again.

Thought I might wade into general a little.  I mostly read the tech forums these days.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 11:32:05 AM EDT
[#38]
I don't listen to Rush.  Why in the world do I need someone repeating the same shit I already know?
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 11:32:37 AM EDT
[#39]
I used to watch his show in the early 90's until he took a swipe at Chelsea Clinton...I don't care what side your on... You DO NOT fuck with a man's 13 yr. old child on national TV like that..Unforgiveable.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 12:09:34 PM EDT
[#40]
You've got to hand it to Rush.

Any man who can build such a successful career on fashioning men out of straw, dressing them in Birkenstocks and Grateful dead T-shirts and lighting them on fire has a talent for bullshit that cannot be denied.

I used to listen to him quite a bit until I caught on to his MO.

No, he is not spot on on everything, his talent is to make you believe he's spot on and mold your opinion into what the GOP wants it to be.

There are subjects he won't discuss, callers he refuses because they point out the fallacy of his positions.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 12:12:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 12:13:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 12:15:30 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
There are subjects he won't discuss, callers he refuses because they point out the fallacy of his positions.

Oh? How do you know that if he doesn't put them on? Are you his call screener?

99% of the anti-Rush bullshit I hear on this site proves that the people spewing it have never heard him, and that they have no clue that a large part of the reason they have what freedoms we have left is because he has been an incredibly effective thorn in the side of the liberals, moreso than anyone else.

Link Posted: 4/18/2006 12:16:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 12:18:11 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

23 Sep 1993: "I know every expert in the world will disagree with me, but I don't buy into the disease part of drug abuse. The first time you reach for a substance you are making a choice. Every time you go back, you're making a personal choice. I feel very strongly about that.

----------------

OK, you clearly did not read what you posted.  Look at the part in bold.  It's kind of hard to miss.  He is obviously talking about recreational drugs, or he wouldn't talk about "reaching for them" and "coming back."  What he took was a drug that he NEEDED for his extremely severe back pain.  He didn't just think, "Hmm, I think I'll try some oxycotyn today."  There's a big frickin' difference between "recreational" drugs such as heroine and crack, and medicational drugs perscribed by a doctor like oxycotyn.

Reading comprehension and critical thinking is lost on the people of today.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 12:20:54 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Actually, when a liberal calls, without fail he gives them more airtime than others who agree with him.

Listen to the show for a few weeks before you rip it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 12:21:17 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:
First, addiction is an indication of a weak mind.

In all my years on this planet I have never heard anyone make the claim that Rush has a weak mind.

I am happy to have brought a little humor into your day.

CO
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 12:38:26 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
What he took was a drug that he NEEDED for his extremely severe back pain.  He didn't just think, "Hmm, I think I'll try some oxycotyn today."  There's a big frickin' difference between "recreational" drugs such as heroine and crack, and medicational drugs perscribed by a doctor like oxycotyn.

Please don't bother bringing logic into this. He is hated because he's rich and effective, and many people are jealous that it's him and not them.

The drug thing is what they latch on to, because they have little else to even try to latch on to.

Let them rant. In the meantime, I immensely enjoy having Rush on my iPod every day for the commute. Best money I've ever spent for a subscription to anything.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 12:50:16 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Let them rant. In the meantime, I immensely enjoy having Rush on my iPod every day for the commute. Best money I've ever spent for a subscription to anything.

Ahh, you kool-aid drinking sheep.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 12:52:27 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

23 Sep 1993: "I know every expert in the world will disagree with me, but I don't buy into the disease part of drug abuse. The first time you reach for a substance you are making a choice. Every time you go back, you're making a personal choice. I feel very strongly about that.

----------------

OK, you clearly did not read what you posted.  Look at the part in bold.  It's kind of hard to miss.  He is obviously talking about recreational drugs, or he wouldn't talk about "reaching for them" and "coming back."  What he took was a drug that he NEEDED for his extremely severe back pain.  He didn't just think, "Hmm, I think I'll try some oxycotyn today."  perscribThere's a big frickin' difference between "recreational" drugs such as heroine and crack, and medicational drugs ed by a doctor like oxycotyn.  When he starts getting his oxycotyn from sources other than his doctor, however, making clandestine purchases, it becomes a "recreational" drug.  If his back's so bad, what's he taking for it now?  I agree with Rush most of the time myself, however he's just a Republican shill.  Rush was supporting the Dubai Ports deal, and when a caller asked him why he opposed the Clinton Administration's selling of Long Beach to the Commies he bloviated and spun, then broke to a commercial.  Hypocrite.Reading comprehension and critical thinking is lost on the people of today.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top