Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2006 4:34:36 AM EDT
Kid sounds like a hero to me. Too bad he offed himself just before being caught.

Click

Two sex offenders slain; suspect kills self

AUGUSTA, Maine (AP) -- Two registered sex offenders were gunned down in their central Maine homes early Sunday, and a Canadian man sought in connection with the slayings fatally shot himself after Boston police cornered him on a bus, officials said.

Stephen A. Marshall, 20, shot himself in the head with a .45-caliber handgun when officers stopped the bus he was on and climbed aboard, said David Procopio, spokesman for the Suffolk district attorney.

Officers heard a gunshot and found Marshall with a massive head wound in a window seat 13 rows behind the driver, Procopio said.

He was rushed to Boston Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead at 11:24 p.m., a hospital spokeswoman said.

No one else on the bus was injured, Procopio said, but five passengers who were splattered with blood were taken to area hospitals to be examined.

Maine State Police alerted Boston authorities that Marshall could be heading to the city, about 250 miles south, after Marshall's pickup truck was found abandoned. Police discovered bullets linked to him in the bathroom at a bus station in Bangor, Maine.

The shootings of Joseph L. Gray, 57, of Milo, and William Elliott, 24, of Corinth, led state police to take down the Maine Sex Offender Registry Web site as a precaution, state Department of Public Safety spokesman Stephen McCausland said. The site lists the photos, names and addresses of more than 2,200 sex offenders.

The pickup truck Marshall was driving was spotted leaving one of the victims' homes after the shooting, Maine police said.

It was not immediately clear if or how Marshall knew either Gray or Elliott, or whether the three men had any connection, McCausland said.

Marshall, who lived in Cape Breton, Nova Scotia, had come to Houlton, Maine, for the first time to meet his father, McCausland said. He added that Marshall was driving his father's pickup.

Link Posted: 4/17/2006 4:35:35 AM EDT
[#1]
I dont think there will be to many bleeding hearts here....

SECURE THE BORDERS! It was a canadian.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 4:36:56 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I dont think there will be to many bleeding hearts here....

I dont think so either. Which is good.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 4:36:58 AM EDT
[#3]
So, what are the odds someone abused him when he was young, and now he has his revenge.

BTW...  Heros don't commit suicide.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 4:38:38 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
So, what are the odds someone abused him when he was young, and now he has his revenge.

IF I am surrounded and I pull the pin and run at the highest ranking guy, I wouldn't be a hero?
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 4:41:46 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm not sure how it works in Canada, but I've heard about cases around here where people became registered "sex offenders" for stupid shit like urinating on the side of the road.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 4:42:30 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I'm not sure how it works in Canada, but I've heard about cases around here where people became registered "sex offenders" for stupid shit like urinating on the side of the road.

Sexual offenders websites sometimes ranks them, or lists the crimes.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 4:43:46 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Same thing here. We had a Michigan 4.0 honor roll student who got busted in Florida for lifting her shirt up at an outdoor concert, she is a registerd sex offender now. Also a married couple got busted for urinating on a dumpster, registerd sex offenders.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 4:47:04 AM EDT
[#8]

Sounds like the kid didn't really plan anything out beyond getting their names and addresses.

Link Posted: 4/17/2006 5:16:11 AM EDT
[#9]
I hope the ones he shot were sexual predators and not just sex offenders.  Lots of them registered around here are 18-19 year old guys who slept with a 16-17 year old girl in HS and pissed off the parents.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 5:29:19 AM EDT
[#10]
thats two less we have to worry about!
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 5:33:09 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I've heard that too. On NPR as I recall. I'm sure that this will be repeated often by the media until we all believe that the pedophile up the street is nothing more than a poor kid who had one beer too many and picked the wrong bush to pee on.

ETA: I don't consider the guy in the story to be a hero.  I won't cry over his victims.  But he's a nut and I'm glad he saved everyone the cost of a trial and imprisonment.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 5:42:31 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
but five passengers who were splattered with blood were taken to area hospitals to be examined.

Link Posted: 4/17/2006 5:45:36 AM EDT
[#13]
"Kid?"

He was 20.

FWIW in my state you do not have to register as a sex offender for Public urination, indecent exposure, lewd conduct. When people say some states do I think "urban legend."
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 5:52:22 AM EDT
[#14]
We had a Michigan 4.0 honor roll student who got busted in Florida for lifting her shirt up at an outdoor concert, she is a registerd sex offender now.

At Mardi Gras they'd throw her some cheap beads.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 6:09:26 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
"Kid?"

He was 20.

FWIW in my state you do not have to register as a sex offender for Public urination, indecent exposure, lewd conduct. When people say some states do I think "urban legend."

on the news, a local kid streaked his HS football game.. that what he was chaged with.. it happens.. its BS>.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 6:23:12 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've heard that too. On NPR as I recall. I'm sure that this will be repeated often by the media until we all believe that the pedophile up the street is nothing more than a poor kid who had one beer too many and picked the wrong bush to pee on.

ETA: I don't consider the guy in the story to be a hero.  I won't cry over his victims.  But he's a nut and I'm glad he saved everyone the cost of a trial and imprisonment.

Saved us what?  They were already convicted, punished and freed.  Not to mention they were innocent in the eyes of the law() and may actualy be guilty of nothing more than streaking at a football game().  In fact, he has cost us more, since they took the list down.  You guys should hate him.  He has done nothing but abuse the system and created a chance for it to be made worse.  Some kid surfing the net deciding justice is not what I wan't in society.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 6:24:40 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

IF I am surrounded and I pull the pin and run at the highest ranking guy, I wouldn't be a hero?

were the Kamikaze pilots heros?

Link Posted: 4/17/2006 6:28:42 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

The shootings of Joseph L. Gray, 57, of Milo, and William Elliott, 24, of Corinth, led state police to take down the Maine Sex Offender Registry Web site as a precaution, state Department of Public Safety spokesman Stephen McCausland said. The site lists the photos, names and addresses of more than 2,200 sex offenders.

nice. wonder if it will ever come back. or will they decide criminal protection is more important than alerting the rest of society.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 6:29:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Thats the first gun crime in maine in what months?

If I was to do something along those lines I would of used a sniper rifle. But I wont.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 6:51:43 AM EDT
[#20]
The kid is doing a great thing for the state of Maine.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 6:52:15 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Saved us what?  They were already convicted, punished and freed.  Not to mention they were innocent in the eyes of the law() and may actualy be guilty of nothing more than streaking at a football game().  In fact, he has cost us more, since they took the list down.  You guys should hate him.  He has done nothing but abuse the system and created a chance for it to be made worse.  Some kid surfing the net deciding justice is not what I wan't in society.

He was talking about the killer's trial.While it is wrong for someone to take the law into his or her own hands I'm glad the two scumbags are gone. (Assuming it was beacause they actually did something wrong)
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 6:53:56 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

nice. wonder if it will ever come back. or will they decide criminal protection is more important than alerting the rest of society.

The poor poor pediphiles! Take the list down for the children!
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 6:58:59 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, they would have been Hiro's
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 7:01:01 AM EDT
[#24]
Finally! I'm waiting for this to go nationwide!
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 7:08:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Two down.....half a million more to go. Weenie Waggers are an utter waste of food and oxygen. No, I'm not a rambling nut. This is the voice of experience!
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 7:08:21 AM EDT
[#26]
Here's a good site to check if the sickos live in your neighborhood.
I will need hand hotlinking, as my posting skills are STILL weak!

Thanks,

B_S

http://www12.familywatchdog.us/
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 7:19:55 AM EDT
[#27]
I didn't realize there was a problem, I'd have bought the kid a beer.

Perhaps I need to see what crimes the two DRT asshats committed to dispell all these 'poor dumpster peeing' suggestions.  

Edited to add: Site is still down, will have to keep trying.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 7:30:46 AM EDT
[#28]
hiring a pro can get you on those offender lists too.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 8:36:50 AM EDT
[#29]
Yeah, but far and away, the vast majority on the wagger lists are sick, kiddie-diddling pieces of shit. I don't think it should be open season on just anyone with the sex offender tag. But, OTOH, I seem to smell  a lot of sympathy and excuses around here. Next thing, we'll be hearing how the bums and meth-heads on the freeway ramps are mostly misunderstood, disenfranchised losers-in-life's-lottery, too. I have considerable personal experience in this arena. That's most likely why my opinions are so strong. But, hey. I really only care WHAT they did, not WHY they did it. Ask a 9 year old girl who's been tied to a chair and molested for hours by some scunge, if she feels better knowing the dirty old bastage fucked up her whole life cuz he didn't get a puppy when he was 6.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:20:16 AM EDT
[#30]
Two kiddie-diddlers have assumed room temperature?  Hang on, lemme check in the back.....nope, sorry.  I'm fresh out of dead rat's asses.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:22:14 AM EDT
[#31]
fucking savages...

2 down ...

All you 'bu...bu...but I only urinated in public' defenders go find another thread.  These two shitbricks deserved bullets and THIS Mainer won't lose an ounce of sleep over the story.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:26:32 AM EDT
[#32]

WTF? Obviously he had more guts than you because he actually went out and wacked two pervs rather than sit and talk about it on an online forum. And its pretty bad when people from another country have to come and take care of you americans dirty laundry
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:35:28 AM EDT
[#33]
Sounds like a good start to me.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:38:08 AM EDT
[#34]
Boy on Fire.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:39:27 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

WTF? Obviously he had more guts than you because he actually went out and wacked two pervs rather than sit and talk about it on an online forum. And its pretty bad when people from another country have to come and take care of you americans dirty laundry

Ahem.

Fuck canada.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:41:00 AM EDT
[#36]
- 2 scumbags
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:41:34 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Depends on which side you were on at the time. There was a Torpedo squadron (USN) at Midway that did basically the same thing (ie: conducted a suicidal attack), and they are most definitely heroes.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:48:04 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Boy on Fire.

He was a hero. Saying "heros don't commit suicide" is BS. What, would you have preferred he went through a lengthy trial process in court and rot in jail? Have you ever been to court because it SUCKS big time, and I'd imagine much worse in a criminal case

Hell no. It was the honorable thing to do since he already took the law into the own hands with those molestors, why would he let anyone else administer justice but himself in his own regard?

Thing is, i hope he double and triple checked his marks. The thing about vigilante justice is there is a chance he did the wrong thing, offed the wrong guy, offed a misunderstood guy, etc. etc.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:54:26 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ahem.

Fuck canada.

Ahem

FUCK YOU
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 10:02:09 AM EDT
[#40]
GOOD SHOOTING I SAY

Joseph Lewis Gray
Date of Birth: 05/04/1948

Residence: Milo ME, 04463

Address last verified on: 01/26/2006

SORA #: 2952

Statute: Indecent Assault And Battery On A Child Under 14
Court: Massachusetts
Docket #: 28799
Statute: Rape Of A Child
Court: Massachusetts
Docket #: 28800

William Elliott
Date of Birth: 07/10/1981

Residence: East corinth ME, 04427

Address last verified on: 11/14/2005

SORA #: 301

Statute: 17-A MRSA (254)(1)(A)
Offense: Sexual abuse of minor
Case #: CR-2002-00322
Court: 3rd District Court Newport
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 10:17:04 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
"Kid?"

He was 20.

I've been asking these guys for years to post proof of this urban legend.  Just the revelant statue would do.  I never get any answers.  They just don't know what the hell they are talking about.

Just a clarification for all you pervert apologists.  

You don't end up on the sex offender just because of a CONVICTION.  You end up on the list after a post -trial evaluation that shows you are at risk for RE-OFFENDING.

Pissing on dumpsters, streaking football games, etc does not fit the definition of a sexual offense.  It requires physical contact with the anus, mouth or genitalia of the participants  or sexual gratification of a SINGLE participant in just about every instance.  

If you think it does in your state, dig up the revelant penal code
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 10:36:13 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 10:48:29 AM EDT
[#43]
I was just equating Man on Fire with this boy.

Both Man on Fire, and "Boy on Fire" seemed to have legitimate scores to settle.

Keep in mind that Creasy did try to commit suicide early in the Man on Fire story, and by ultimately "trading a life, for a life" he knowingly was giving up his life to save Lupita's life.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 10:52:58 AM EDT
[#44]
Hopefully all of this will open the eyes of america to the stupidity of punishing people even after their release from prison.

Pretty hard to become a productive member of society with things like this.

If they're such a threat, leave them in prison.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 10:57:21 AM EDT
[#45]
Well he killed (no pun) the intention of outting (used loosely) these bastards.  They shut down the site.

efs
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 10:58:13 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Maybe he just didn't want to get sentenced to life with a bunch of fudge packers.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top