Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2006 8:08:09 AM EDT
i would say that my keyboard/mouse setup is pretty ergonomic.  i have an adjustable keyboard tray, which allows me to use the mouse with my arm at a 90 degree angle.

which is why it doesn't make sense that my wrist and hand starts hurting really badly immediately after i start using the mouse.  it's not just because of overuse, because i've tried avoiding the comp for a few days and it starts up again as soon as I use it again.  in addition, i've never had any problems with my home comp, only my school one, even though the setup is pretty much the same.

any suggestions?  i ordered a trackball to try out, i think it might be better than the mouse b/c it gives me more flexibility about where to put it (doesn't need a smooth level surface for moving around).
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:11:51 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
i would say that my keyboard/mouse setup is pretty ergonomic.  i have an adjustable keyboard tray, which allows me to use the mouse with my arm at a 90 degree angle.

which is why it doesn't make sense that my wrist and hand starts hurting really badly immediately after i start using the mouse.  it's not just because of overuse, because i've tried avoiding the comp for a few days and it starts up again as soon as I use it again.  in addition, i've never had any problems with my home comp, only my school one, even though the setup is pretty much the same.

any suggestions?  i ordered a trackball to try out they suck!, i think it might be better than the mouse b/c it gives me more flexibility about where to put it (doesn't need a smooth level surface for moving around).

The top of your forearm will get cramped after using a trackball, atleast it does for me
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 10:41:43 AM EDT
[#2]
PC Keyboard has a $99 one with an integrated pointing stick: http://www.pckeyboard.com/onthestk.html
PC Keyboard stuff is built well overall as well.
The trackball models they have are not so good IMO, in the upper-right corners (too far to reach IMO, and which doesn't help left-handers any).

I have seen a lot of keyboards with integrated touchpads and such, but really nothing that stood out as a particularly great design.
~
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top