Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/15/2006 1:42:32 PM EDT
I drive for a major delivery company, and today I was delivering to an apartment.  I knocked on the door and the guy yanked open the door and pointed a gun at me;  he then laughed and said it was fake, but I was a bit shook up.  I called my terminal and let them know, but didn't call the cops because i would have had to done paperwork all day.  WWYD?
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 1:44:11 PM EDT
[#1]
10 pages, at least.

Did you DRAW DOWN on him?
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 1:44:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Dude would be seeing the buisness end of Mr. Sig 220.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 1:51:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Nothing. How long did it take before he told you it was fake?
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 1:52:33 PM EDT
[#4]
"Lose" his next package...

-Foxxz
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 1:53:27 PM EDT
[#5]
He's on "The List".  He will never get another package delivered to his door;  he'll have to pick it up at the terminal.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 2:03:37 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
He's on "The List".  He will never get another package delivered to his door;  he'll have to pick it up at the terminal.

I knew there was a list!

-Foxxz
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 2:17:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Depending on which company you work for you may deserve it.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 2:17:58 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

+1

DHL
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 2:19:09 PM EDT
[#9]
I wassn't there, so I can't just answer for you. Depending upon the guy, the gun, the situation, etc. my reaction might range from a sobering talk with the guy, to a phonecall to the police for assault.  
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 2:56:49 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Ummm, yeah. I think you should ask for his address to be "removed" from your route. Have your company send him a letter saying that he'll have all his packages held at the depot for pickup.

That is not cool what he did. Regardless of how quick he "explained himself".

No Expert
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 3:01:12 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

DHL

First of all, that's bullshit.

UPS sucks cock WAAAAAAY more than DHS. Especially when shipping firearms/firearm related materials.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 3:01:47 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

DHL

UPS sucks cock WAAAAAAY more than DHS. Especially when shipping firearms/firearm related materials.

Not around here.  UPS rules all around here, even USPS.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 9:15:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Department of Homeland Security ships packages?

ETA
Holy shit they do!!

Link Posted: 4/15/2006 9:50:38 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I wassn't there, so I can't just answer for you. Depending upon the guy, the gun, the situation, etc. my reaction might range from a sobering talk with the guy, to a phonecall to the police for assault.  

No shit man. I wouldn't put up with that either.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 9:57:37 PM EDT
[#15]
I would end with the guy on the floor in a pile, next to the pile of plastic from the broken ass toy gun.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 10:02:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 10:06:22 PM EDT
[#17]
im actually kind of skeptical about how innocent this guy really was. He might have really had a real  gun on him because some one was out to get him, ie. his bookie, his mistresses husbanc ect. and he thought that you were someone else when he answered the door. Even if he had a fake gun he was probabaly using it to scare off someone he expected to come to his house to threaten him. I answer the door with a gun in my possession sometimes, but i dont EVER make it visible usless im shooting at someone with it, which doesnt happen all that often. that plus... i dont owe any drug dealers money.

Long story short, that guy sounds like a turd bag and i would have involved the cops so they could get all up into his personal life and discover why he needs to answer the door with a gun.

Additionally if you didnt call the cops and stand up for yourself, hes just going to do this stupid shit again to some other poor delivery guy. The paperwork might take all day but its worth it to show guys like this that they cant pull guns on anyone they want regardless of wether theyre real or not!
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 10:09:31 PM EDT
[#18]
How do you know it was fake?  just because he told you?  If it looks real I would react in a manner that a normal prudent person under similar circumstances would.

You still need to call the police and file a report.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 10:16:01 PM EDT
[#19]
should ahve at least dropped his package "in fear"
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 10:17:16 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Did you DRAW DOWN on him?

x2.

I would have, immediately.  Probably would have killed him.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 10:26:38 PM EDT
[#21]
I had a similar situation when i used to worked for a fast food place; i went to deliver some food (my final delivery of the night) and had to do a delivery to a bad area of town.

When I knocked on the door, a guy pointed a Star 9mm pistol at me; I was like "Whoa, easy dude!"; he stared at me for about two seconds, turned around and walked back into the house while a lady picked up and paid for the food. Seeing from the heavy stench of mweed in the air, the Jamaican flag in the house and the reggae playing in the gangsta rap playing in the background; I had delivered to the local crack house.

God, i wish I had my Glock 21 at that moment; I went home and started looking for a better job; about two weeks later, i quit and started working with the FBOP. Now I am waiting for the loser to come down to my prison and see his butt locked up.

Ain't that beeyotch?
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 10:53:24 PM EDT
[#22]
-
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 5:00:12 AM EDT
[#23]
didja fiel yer reprot yet?

i'm drunk i know
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 5:05:02 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

DHL

DHl will not even think of shipping a firearm. SO, nice try.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 5:09:31 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

i'm drunk i know

Dude, it's 9:00 in the morning here and even earlier in Texas.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 5:22:24 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I drive for a major delivery company, and today I was delivering to an apartment.  I knocked on the door and the guy yanked open the door and pointed a gun at me;  he then laughed and said it was fake, but I was a bit shook up.  I called my terminal and let them know, but didn't call the cops because i would have had to done paperwork all day.  WWYD?

This was an adult?   Geeesh, what  moron.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 5:25:01 AM EDT
[#27]
The guy is asking to get shot.

Should have taught him a lesson.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 5:25:22 AM EDT
[#28]
Report it to your company.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 10:33:50 AM EDT
[#29]

Long story short, that guy sounds like a turd bag and i would have involved the cops so they could get all up into his personal life and discover why he needs to answer the door with a gun.

Additionally if you didnt call the cops and stand up for yourself, hes just going to do this stupid shit again to some other poor delivery guy. The paperwork might take all day but its worth it to show guys like this that they cant pull guns on anyone they want regardless of wether theyre real or not!

In many states this would be considered assault with a deadly weapon, as long as you were in fear of your life. (if it was a toy gun with a painted end, they might not see it that way). It matters not if it were a toy or not, as long as the victim thought it was real.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 10:54:46 AM EDT
[#30]
I clerked at a 7-11 while I was stationed in Dallas Tx. Had a dumbshit kid (15yo) pull a plastic luger on me. I had a rossi .38 and got the drop on him. I had front sight post center mass and told him to freeze. His muzzle had not cleared the coat. He froze and I straightened out my trigger finger.

That litttle dumbass will never even think of pulling that stunt again.

I came within an inch of killing a dumbass kid with a toy. I am glad he froze and hadn't quite got the toy out of his jacket(the muzzle was away from me). Had he cleared the jacket I doubt I would have told him to freeze, I would have shot him.

Call the cops!
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 5:53:28 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i'm drunk i know

Dude, it's 9:00 in the morning here and even earlier in Texas.

I work night shift.......9 am is night time for me.  Now its 8:53pm and thats mid-morning for me
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 7:29:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Of course had he pulled that on a cop, and got killed, all the crybabies here would have whined about another bad police shoot.

I don't know if you know your peers from other companies but a call to them or to their dispatchers about the incident might be a nice favor.  Wouldn't want Mr.  Brown really making his shorts brown would we?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top