Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/14/2006 9:16:28 AM EDT
After witnessing the appalling march in downtown San Antonio on Monday in which 18,000 people proclaimed that "No human being is illegal," I am writing to both my school and local paper voicing my opinion on the issue.  My thoughts right now are entirely disorganized, and I'm trying to think of other things I can add to my argument.

My main points so far are:
- No, it is NOT racist to want to kick them out
- It's a slap in the face to people who obtained their citizenship/residency legally <-- facts on how long people have to wait when they do it the right way, how many people get turned away
- I'm from a border town, I know what it's like.  <-- stats on robberies, murders, etc. news stories involving these illegals
- Go bitch at the other countries that actually ENFORCE their immigration laws <-- don't know which ones do but I'll look that up
- 10 percent of an entire country's population pissing on a sovereign nation's laws by jumping the fence does indeed constitute an invasion
- Duh, illegals aren't protected by labor laws.  When you don't exist to the government, you'll get treated however your employer damn well pleases, and you have no right to say shit about it.
- We are a joke to terrorists and drug dealers.  They're bacteria to our open wound on the border.

Any other ideas?  Especially LEOs around/on the border or metro areas with a big illegal problem, any direct experiences?  

I want to end this semester with a bang, and I think if I provide enough proof and counter flawed ideologies people will start to listen (haha, just kidding, but I hope to get some people that already agree nice and pissed off enough to realize that we really DO need to take action before this country falls apart).
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 9:20:02 AM EDT
[#1]
That'd be a "letter to the editor;" editorials are written by staff.

Get facts, facts, facts. Facts are important.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 9:20:43 AM EDT
[#2]
I would suggest not even acknowledging the racist accusation.  By denying it, you may give that sentiment more credence to many people.  Just state facts, and let them speak for themselves.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 9:21:14 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
That'd be a "letter to the editor;" editorials are written by staff.

Get facts, facts, facts. Facts are important.

I stand corrected.  That's sad that I didn't know considering my English degree is geared toward professional writing.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 9:22:07 AM EDT
[#4]
You might also want to talk about the lack of health screening.  TB and other diseases are being spread by the illegal aliens.
Also you might want to say that every country has the right to decide who gets in and who doesn't and that the decision is based on what is good for the country.  
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 9:24:27 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
You might also want to talk about the lack of health screening.  TB and other diseases are being spread by the illegal aliens.
Also you might want to say that every country has the right to decide who gets in and who doesn't and that the decision is based on what is good for the country.  

Exactly.  I couldn't agree more.  I will never begin to understand why invaders think that they have a say over here.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 9:24:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Go to www.cnn.com/lou  and read the transcripts of yesterday's show. He interviewed the head honchette of La Raza and Miami based spanish language radio station talking head that is against illegal immigration. Lots of good stuff in that whole transcript.

rj
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top