Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/13/2006 7:16:15 PM EDT
I was wondering if the .45 super would be a viable alternitive for a backpack / wilderness handgun.

not so much for hunting but just a all around do all defence gun.

I do not own a 10mm or .44 mag and I do not plan to buy any either. I already have a SA .45 so I was thinking of "upgradeing" this gun or nothing.

Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:21:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't waste your time with that.

Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:42:00 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I was wondering if the .45 super would be a viable alternitive for a backpack / wilderness handgun.

not so much for hunting but just a all around do all defence gun.

I do not own a 10mm or .44 mag and I do not plan to buy any either. I already have a SA .45 so I was thinking of "upgradeing" this gun or nothing.

I thought about getting some 45 Supers for when I'm camping using my USP (yes, you can shoot 45 Supers with a stock USP) but looking at the ballistics of the DoubleTap loads, there's not much difference so I'll be buying some of these rounds instead and stagger their FMJ/Gold Dot rounds.

<--- from the "anything but a 44 will get you killed in the woods" and the "staggering is for amateurs" folks
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:42:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:56:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Your .45 ACP could kill a bear.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 8:01:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a Springfield Armory V16 .45 super Longslide.

It's fun.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 8:04:40 PM EDT
[#6]
I shoot them out of my USP's all the time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top