Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/13/2006 11:21:37 AM EDT
It's a legitimate question.

I've always wondered why companies make such thin toilet paper... as if they don't know it takes time to fold it over and over and over just so it won't break through.  Who in their right mind thinks thin toilet paper is a good idea?
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:22:24 AM EDT
[#1]
scott cheap assed single ply works fine for me.  
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:23:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Birch bark, but I am a manl;y man.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:23:58 AM EDT
[#3]
IBTP
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:24:03 AM EDT
[#4]
John Wayne brand -"It's rough and tough and dont take shit off of anyone"
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:26:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Screw that when it comes to Toilet paper, I am a girly man

Kleenex Cottenelle.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:27:27 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
John Wayne brand -"It's rough and tough and dont take shit off of anyone"

That's the shit the potheads who were in here last term left me.  I'd have to pull off a piece as long as my arm and fold it a half dozen times.  It was like I was in a public restroom.

It's just mean.  I was so glad when I was done with that roll, I felt like I accomplished something.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:28:00 AM EDT
[#7]
One of the worst things ever is to be vigorously wiping your ass, and then suddenly the cheap toilet paper rips, and you end up sitting there with a finger up your own ass.

No cheap toilet paper for me!  
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:28:07 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Kleenex Cottenelle.

Wait... you're serious?

I didn't even consider that... not in a million years.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:28:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Either the cheap stuff or Charmin.  But does it really matter? As long as I have SOMETHING to wipe my arse with I could care less how cushy it is.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:29:24 AM EDT
[#10]
You gotta love that mil-spec shit that is so unrefined it still has wood grain in it.Give me angel soft.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:31:26 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
You gotta love that mil-spec shit that is so unrefined it still has wood grain in it.Give me angel soft.

What I don't understand is where the potheads that were in my house last term found toilet paper that shitty.

My friend had the same stuff.

It should be BANNED, only for sale to public restrooms.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:31:55 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Kleenex Cottenelle.

Wait... you're serious?

I didn't even consider that... not in a million years.

I will go out in the wilderness for days on end, and I will shave with a dull knife, everything else in my house is generic brand but damnit the one thing I can will splurge on for myself is good F'ing toilet paper.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:32:14 AM EDT
[#13]
DK-prof- Do you use the multiple strokes on the same paper technique?  I've read numerous scientific studies that show this technique is FUCKING GROSS!!!  Please, only one wipe per paper.  If the situation warrants more than one wipe rip off some more paper fold it up and have another go.  Thank you, Alex
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:32:30 AM EDT
[#14]
The funniest incident I ever had in the bathroom was while I was waiting at the Philly airport to fly OCONUS, the TP in the bathrooms was extremely sub-par, hell, you couldnt just see light through it, you could distinguish shapes.  Some British (by the accent) kid was going to the bathroom, and yells out "Father, you said American TP was thick and soft, this stuff is CRAP!"

I started laughing and stated, loud enough for him to hear me, "This is the crap they give out in public bathrooms, private ones have much better paper."

Later, I couldnt figure out why the kid was in the departure lounge and hadnt experienced American TP before, layover maybe?

I have Northern, double-ply, quilted TP in the bathrooms for guests, but I use baby wipes.  My bunghole dries out from too much wiping with TP.

Kharn
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:37:10 AM EDT
[#15]
I don't like mine to be bible page thin, but I don't like pillowey either. I like my paper to have enough friction to be able to grab the crap and not just smear it. With super cushioney paper, I feel like I'm just rubbing it around. With some coarseness to it, it wiping it off and out.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:39:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:41:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Charmin 2 ply ultra & soft as I can find

As long as an economy package ( huge Costco sized ) of premium / soft shit paper will last .... who the hell really cares if it's alittle more expensive.

Wipe your ass w/ an old newspaper if you wanna prove how tough you are. I'll show how smart I am by using the nicest / softest stuff I can buy

I know the womenz sure as hell know the difference between John Wayne TP & the soft stuff.

Edited for spelling
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:50:54 AM EDT
[#18]
ok, I use generic cheapo stuff.

I wonder which mall ninja voted for: "Be a man...use your hand"

LOL
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 12:21:56 PM EDT
[#19]
where's the option for white and red corn cobs?

personally i prefer the 3 shells though.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 12:33:38 PM EDT
[#20]

Link Posted: 4/13/2006 12:35:15 PM EDT
[#21]
50 grit sandpaper.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 12:36:19 PM EDT
[#22]
In Before The Koran TP Pics
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 12:37:58 PM EDT
[#23]
ok, where are the other 5?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top