Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/13/2006 5:31:52 AM EDT
They are aliens, infiltrators, and invaders.

They are not immigrants.

Immigration is a legal process that they bypassed.

Thus, they are illegal aliens, but not immigrants.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 5:39:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the reminder. I am always one for proper spin (full-capacity magazines) when it comes to applying terminology.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 5:39:58 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
They are aliens, infiltrators, and invaders.

They are not immigrants.

Immigration is a legal process that they bypassed.

Thus, they are illegal aliens, but not immigrants.

More appropriate.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 5:42:39 AM EDT
[#3]
SEND A BRICK!
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 5:43:31 AM EDT
[#4]
I always use CRIMINAL ALIENS!
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 5:46:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Just call them Future citizens
Because the present administration does not have the guts to enforce EXISTING LAW!
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 5:56:42 AM EDT
[#6]
The fact that these tresspassers are CRIMINALS is something that needs to be repeated.

The whole "anchor baby" issue is something else we need to hammer on our elected officials about.   If the mother's entry into this country was a criminal act, then any babies she pumps out are no more citizens than she is.  

Lem
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 6:01:48 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The fact that these tresspassers are CRIMINALS is something that needs to be repeated.

The whole "anchor baby" issue is something else we need to hammer on our elected officials about.   If the mother's entry into this country was a criminal act, then any babies she pumps out are no more citizens than she is.  

Lem

We need to pressure congress to codify into law that for a person born here to be an American citizen, at least one parent must be an American citizen.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 6:07:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Just be careful.  The democrats are being successful at making this an immigration issue.  Even the news calls the marches "pro-immigration marches."  The liberals are making us the enemy by making people think we are against immigration.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 6:27:04 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Lem

We need to pressure congress to codify into law that for a person born here to be an American citizen, at least one parent must be an American citizen.

I could not agree more
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:15:17 AM EDT
[#10]

And, yes, they are not immigrants or undocumented workers,  they are criminal invaders.   To claim otherwise is NOT pc,  it IS just plain dumb.  

If liberals ever lose just one major news outlet, abc, cbs, or nbc then they will lose every subsequent election.   liberals must be weeded out of: the media,  elected office,  appointed office,  the judiciary,  the practice of law,  education,  and entertainment.  Only after that is done can the consequenses of liberalism be remedied.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:18:19 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
.....the present administration does not have the guts to enforce EXISTING LAW!

NO Administration has the guts!!!!

We're in deep shit!!!
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:19:47 AM EDT
[#12]

2 entries found for immigrant.
im·mi·grant    ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (m-grnt)
n.
1.A person who leaves one country to settle permanently in another.
2.A plant or animal that establishes itself in an area where it previously did not exist.

immigrant

n : a person who comes to a country where they were not born in order to settle there

Technically, they are just as I am a resident alien.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:27:12 AM EDT
[#13]
No they are simply "undocumented" workers.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:32:36 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Lem

I could not agree more

That law would require a repeal of (or amendment to) the Fourteenth Amendment.

Section. 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:33:47 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Just be careful.  The democrats are being successful at making this an immigration issue.  Even the news calls the marches "pro-immigration marches."  The liberals are making us the enemy by making people think we are against immigration.

This isn't so much a Democrat v. Republican issue as it is a battle between the two mind sets on capital hill. Some know why they are there - to represent the will of their constituents. On the other hand some think they are their because they are to be trusted to make the best decision regardless of what their constituents think. These types are looking towards the Washington DC players to formulate opinions instead of looking back to their home district/state.

My two "Republican" Senators - the whorable I mean honorable Bill Frist & Lamar Alexander - have said constituents be damned.

Meanwhile, my Democrat Representative Lincoln Davis has been listening and is supporting HR4473. Here is a little of the reply email I got from his office (I wrote Frist & Alexander too but neither has bothered to reply - a move that I won't forget as a voter):

Dear Mr. XXXXX:

I appreciate your recent correspondence on the topic of immigration. Pursuant to your request, I would like to take a moment to share my voting record and general views on the issue.

Let me begin with sharing what I do not support. I do not support, in any shape or size:
* I do not support amnesty or anything resembling amnesty
* I do not support illegal aliens receiving Social Security
benefits
* I do not support the outsourcing of jobs to Mexico or other
nations for cheap labor. Accordingly,  I voted against the Central American Free Trade Agreement
* I do not support accepting identification cards issued by
foreign governments (commonly referred to as "Consular ID"
cards) as a valid ID in the United States

Similarly, I would like to share of few of the bills that I have co- sponsored or supported that seek to address the immigration crisis.
Indeed, I believe our nation is facing a crisis and I strongly believe that the vast majority of Tennesseans and Americans would agree. As I have been saying for years now, the burgeoning influx of illegal immigrants into the United States, particularly Tennessee, is a problem that I wish Congress and the Administration would take more seriously. While there are a few voices championing responsible immigration reform, there are too many others interested in making political pundits out of the issue and still yet, others who endorse guestworker programs in the name of labor shortages because Americans "aren't willing to do the job(s) themselves", an argument I strongly disagree with.

With that in mind, I would like to share with you some of the bills I have co-sponsored and supported as well as a few of the official votes I have taken on immigration-related issues:

* I voted in favor of HR 4437, the Border Protection,
Antiterrorism, and Illegal Immigration Control Act of
2005- Recently passed into law. In short, HR 4437:
o increases port of entry inspection personnel and canine
detection teams
o requires reports on Central American gang travel across
the U.S.-Mexico border
o makes alien smuggling and illegal entry an aggravated
felony
o makes illegal U.S. presence a crime- aggravated felony
o punishes with mandatory minimum sentences aliens
convicted of reentry after removal
o makes an alien deportable for: (1) three or more drunk
driving convictions; and (2) social security number and identification fraud
o fines employers who knowingly hire illegal aliens (three
years after enactment employers will be required to use a phone-in worker verification system. First two years the program is voluntary)
o directs the Secretary of Homeland Security and the
Secretary of Defense to develop a plan to increase the availability of Department of Defense surveillance equipment along the U.S. international land and maritime borders...

IMO it is a mistake to look at this issue as a partisan. It is correct to look at it in terms of is your Congressman listening to you and your neighbors as opposed to those who employ illegal aliens.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 9:17:43 AM EDT
[#16]
John:

Your point about the 14th is correct.  Here in the USA we would NEVER infringe on a "right" now would we?  

Even applying the 14th in the most basic form, the parent is STILL a criminal who should be deported.   I would rather pay for orphanages, than the economic havoc the invaders cause now.  

Lem
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top