Kingdom:
Animalia

Phylum:
Chordata

Class:
Mammalia

Order:
Mesonychia

Mesonychids are an extinct order of even-toed carnivorous ungulates (hoofed animals) which looked like wolves, and were scavengers for carrion and hunters of fish. These animals possessed unusual triangular teeth that are similar to those of whales. For this reason, scientists had long believed that whales evolved from a form of mesonychid. Andrewsarchus was a mesonychid.

These 'wolves on hooves' were the dominant predators in the late Paleocene and Eocene. They are closely related to the Artiodactyla and Cetacea, although they are no longer seen as the ancestors of whales. They probably descended from the Condylarths and are part of the cohort or super-order Laurasiatheria.

Link Posted: 4/13/2006 1:16:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Kill it with fire!!!!! h.gif
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 1:24:32 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't see any hooves.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 1:51:56 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Kill it with fire!!!!!

No Need to break out the fire.  
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 1:53:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Damned LIE!!!!

That never existed, or at least if it did it's a unique species that lived right along side Biblical folks a couple thousand years ago and in no way evolved into modern animals.

Or, alternative retard explanation, the bones were planted by the devil to fool us.

Either way, I don't buy it.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 2:12:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Damned, extinct huh?

Proof positive that the Caveman cop was no different those of today; born dog killers..........

Must be genetic.

Mike
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 3:53:16 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Damned, extinct huh?

Proof positive that the Caveman cop was no different those of today; born dog killers..........

Must be genetic.

Mike

Link Posted: 4/13/2006 3:55:51 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Damned, extinct huh?

Must be genetic.

Mike

I don't care who you are, that's some funny chit!
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 3:56:57 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Damned, extinct huh?

Must be genetic.

Mike

I don't care who you are, that's some funny chit!

True Dat!!!
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 4:12:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 4:31:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 5:13:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Looks like my ex ex ex ex crush!

IBN_T

Link Posted: 4/13/2006 5:14:44 PM EDT
[#12]
wtf is today palentology day?  we have this, the bigass giraffe thing, and 500yo shit.  what else?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top