Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2006 11:50:33 AM EDT
Heard penn gillette (Cant spell his last name) Talking about this on the radio, one of his friends designed it, and he helped get it off the groun. ITs the bill of rights security edition.

www.securityedition.com/index.asp

What is the "Bill of Rights - Security Edition" ?

The Bill of Rights: The First Ten Amendments to the constitution of the United States printed on sturdy, pocket-sized, pieces of metal.

The next time you travel by air, take the Bill of Rights - Security Edition along with you. When asked to empty your pockets, proudly toss the Bill of Rights in the plastic bin.

You need to get used to offering up the bill of rights for inspection and government workers enforcing the USAPATRIOT ACT need to get used to deciding if you'll be allowed to keep the Bill of Rights with you when you travel.

And its cheap, 4 bucks for one.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 11:57:31 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't really understand the point of having one. Maybe I'm missing something.

Is it that you are "giving up" the BOR protection when you choose to travel by air?

Or is it to make some kind of statement about how much you love the BOR (with the assumption that anyone at airport security gives a damn, or would even notice)?

Not trying to flame, just looking for clarification.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 12:36:58 PM EDT
[#2]
This is funny, because I don't expect to exercise, nor receive, any of my "rights" when I'm on another person's property.  When I'm on an airplane, I follow the airline's rules.  Otherwise, I'd buy my own plane (after I hit the jackpot).

When I'm in public, however, I expect every one of these rights to be respected and protected and I will exercise them freely.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 12:41:17 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
This is funny, because I don't expect to exercise, nor receive, any of my "rights" when I'm on another person's property.  When I'm on an airplane, I follow the airline's rules.  Otherwise, I'd buy my own plane (after I hit the jackpot).

When I'm in public, however, I expect every one of these rights to be respected and protected and I will exercise them freely.

But isn't the terminal, generally built by an airport authority and secured by federal employees, public property?
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 12:47:18 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

But isn't the terminal, generally built by an airport authority and secured by federal employees, public property?

It may be owned by the "public", but it's definitely not a "public" venue.

A courthouse is public property, but don't expect to exert your 1st, 2nd (or any other) ammendment rights in that building.  Same for police stations, fire houses, etc.

That's what the sidewalks are for.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 12:55:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Get a copy of the Koran with a metallic book binding.

When they ask that you place it in the same bins that people put their shoes in, start ululating and threaten to sue them for "Koran abuse".

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 12:57:53 PM EDT
[#6]
How many commas are in the 2nd amendment in their version?
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 1:12:49 PM EDT
[#7]
certain unalienable Rights

idiots
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 1:14:01 PM EDT
[#8]
It's terribly ironic that you pay for these things via PayPal  

"Civil-Rights violating muther-fuckers .....!"
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 1:32:00 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Get a copy of the Koran with a metallic book binding.

When they ask that you place it in the same bins that people put their shoes in, start ululating and threaten to sue them for "Koran abuse".

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top