Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2006 7:00:28 PM EDT
Organize a large amount of people with a common goal, march and protest, remind the powers in place that you are a large voting base and bingo, the world will turn for you.  Instead WE sit in front of a computer unwilling to do much more than vote in online polls, pay dues to a pro gun organization and write a few letters here and there.  Imagine if inly 1/3 of gun owners took to the streets like the folks in the immigration issue did what could happen..

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 7:02:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm looking for a rally somewhere in the DFW area this weekend and GOING TO IT!
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 7:15:05 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

We'll never see it in our national community.  Folks are too comfortable in their lives to risk problems with the law.  
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 7:17:51 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

We'll never see it in our national community.  Folks are too comfortable in their lives to risk problems with the law.  

The illegal Migrants know thru experience that the law will do nothing. I am not so sure I want to spend a weekend in jail for disorderly conduct
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 7:18:59 PM EDT
[#4]
We are everywhere, and have jobs. Illegals or concentrated and dont have jobs
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 7:19:24 PM EDT
[#5]
That would be worth a vacation day. I'd be in.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 7:19:43 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The illegal Migrants know thru experience that the law will do nothing. I am not so sure I want to spend a weekend in jail for disorderly conduct

Well our situation arose because of incrementalism and our tolerance of it..  Now dissent is too risky..
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 7:20:58 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
We are everywhere, and have jobs. Illegals or concentrated and dont have jobs

So they have less to lose right?

And we spiral further downward...
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 7:23:26 PM EDT
[#8]
a day in jail and i would loose my CCW and my job.  however, i'm all for a peaceful protest.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 7:28:36 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
a day in jail and i would loose my CCW and my job.  however, i'm all for a peaceful protest.

My point exactly.  We are comfortable for the most part.  What if the powers that be were to impose legislation that made all of us felons.  I bet enmass we would all cave..  All 80+ million of us.  I would argue that the man who has little to lose and much to gain, in terms of liberty, is more the person the Founders saw running this country..  That's why our system is so fucked up.  I look around and see soo many who are disagreeing with this policy on immigration yet the only ones who do anything are the ones that it benefits.  The naysayers all sit at home and bitch while lawmakers whittle away at the stick of liberty..

One day our posterity will wonder why we let it all happen..
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 7:30:35 PM EDT
[#10]

Oh but we are going to mail Bricks!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top