Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/11/2006 4:26:06 PM EDT
I needed to watch a planning and zoning meeting today when I noticed my PC was FUBAR'd.

Problem:

I cannot play video links directly from my PC. They show up as an X, if I right click save as, it'll work, but I cannot directly click on the link to view the video.

Please help.

CV
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 4:50:16 PM EDT
[#1]
please, please help.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:19:06 PM EDT
[#2]
what web browser are you using
what type of video file are you trying to view?
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:26:41 PM EDT
[#3]
IE, WMV
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:28:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd guess:

ActiveX problems (not allowing inline video control)
MS media player configuration problem

IS it just one site or every site? Have you tried video on some places like 'that video site' or youtube.com etc etc?
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:36:51 PM EDT
[#5]
It's every site, live streaming video as well.

Do I download active X? I'm not quite up to speed on what to do.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:40:07 PM EDT
[#6]
activex would already be installed on your system. Most likely it's set to default (on) in IE if you've never changed it.

Honestly, the easiest thing to try for a fix would be to download a free copy of opera and see if you can get that to work. Either way it would help to narrow down the problem.

BTW, what version of WMP are you using?
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:47:21 PM EDT
[#7]
I'll have to check my pc when I get home, Thanks for the help.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top