Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2006 3:07:55 PM EDT
Well, we need to get rid of our '04 GTO and get something a bit more sensible. The Wife and I have been looking at the AWD Equinox and really like it so far. Does anyone here own one? If so, what do you think of it? I know people are going to try and persuade me to buy some Japanese vehicle, but we both work for GM so there's about a snowball's chance in hell of us buying one. So, all of you anti-american, Kool-Aid drinkers, STFU. Thank you.

Kris
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 3:09:04 PM EDT
[#1]
My cousin has one and he seems to like it.  Never heard any complaints.

ETA:  Dunno if it's AWD or not.
ETA2:  I'll give you $30 for your GTO
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 3:10:49 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
ETA2:  I'll give you $30 for your GTO

Sold! There is a title transfer and destination charge of $20k though.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 3:12:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Mother in law bought the Pontiac Torrent, which is basically the same car.  She hasn't had any problems with it, but then it only has 1700 miles on it as well.

Chinese built V-6, Jap tranny, and assembled in Canada.  Buy American.

vmax84
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 3:13:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Sorry to say,wife and I bought one.Lots of front end and engine problems.Dealer acted like they were doing us a favor by selling it to us.Overall a big piece of chinese JUNK.Not sure what we will buy next but nothing from china(whole drive train made there)
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 3:13:53 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Mother in law bought the Pontiac Torrent, which is basically the same car.  She hasn't had any problems with it, but then it only has 1700 miles on it as well.

Chinese built V-6, Jap tranny, and assembled in Canada.  Buy American.

vmax84

Money still comes back to a US company that pays MY paycheck. GTO--Built in Australia still pays my paycheck.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 3:14:26 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Sorry to say,wife and I bought one.Lots of front end and engine problems.Dealer acted like they were doing us a favor by selling it to us.Overall a big piece of chinese JUNK.Not sure what we will buy next but nothing from china(whole drive train made there)

What kind of problems? Just noises or broken stuff?
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 3:22:49 PM EDT
[#7]
We have one and we like it very much!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top