Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/9/2006 8:07:36 PM EDT
Let's say that HYPOTHETICALLY that, oh, for instance, the illegals get carried away after mass demonstrations like those planned for tomorrow, and rioting and social disorder broke out, lasting from perhaps three to nine days. How much ammo do you think you might expend defending your area? I'm thinking it might turn out to be quite a bit!...got enough?
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:08:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Hopefully none. But I can fill more bodybags than the county has in stock.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:10:13 PM EDT
[#2]
as much as I would deem neccessary to defend myself, and my property.  Hopefully I would have plenty left over, I have at least one center fire round for everybody in my county.  
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:11:28 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Hopefully none. But I can fill more bodybags than the county has in stock.

+1

pray for peace, train for war.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:11:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Not as much as I have.  Trust me.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:12:31 PM EDT
[#5]
I doubt, HYPOTHETICALLY speaking, much would be needed at all.

I'm sure a one or two bodies lying at the entrance to the cul de sac would serve as adequate warning to others.

Ever seen a mob of rioters get fired upon?  After a few drop, the rest get the idea.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:14:32 PM EDT
[#6]
I like the whole "social disorder" part. Well, havent used any ammo so far.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:15:56 PM EDT
[#7]
ibt 87 rounds
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:17:13 PM EDT
[#8]
<=== not a homeowner

Probably not a whole lot, since it'd just be me that I need to protect. Grandparents live in Orange County, one of the last conservative bastions in CA.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:17:57 PM EDT
[#9]
It's extremely unlikely I'd ever need to expend any ammo on rioters or looters, etc. But just in case, I've got a couple boxes of S&B rubber buckshot lying around. Might seem a bit "pansy-like" to opt for less-lethal ammo, but if given the option of A) having the idiots run like the dickens from my house never to return, with me knowing that I hurt them bad, or B) having a couple dead bodies on my property for me to deal with (along with their now angered friends/relatives, law enforcement/military, and/or rotting H5N1-infested corpses in a bird flu scenario), I'll opt for option A wherever possible.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:22:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Crowds of tens of thousands of third-world people have a historical tendency to erupt at unpredictable intervals and turn into rampaging mobs.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:23:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Not too much and not too little, just the right amount!!  
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:23:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Since most of the guys on here have never figured out that ammo outgo is usually matched by ammo incoming,

How much return fire do you expect to survive?
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:24:04 PM EDT
[#13]
all of it. ever created. EVER.  
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:24:27 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
ibt 87 rounds

i think i would need 87 rounds

happy now?
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:24:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Preferably I wouldn't need ANY ammo in such a scenario.

If I do need ammo... I've got enough to get by, at least in the short term.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:25:10 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
It's extremely unlikely I'd ever need to expend any ammo on rioters or looters, etc. But just in case, I've got a couple boxes of S&B rubber buckshot lying around. Might seem a bit "pansy-like" to opt for less-lethal ammo, but if given the option of A) having the idiots run like the dickens from my house never to return, with me knowing that I hurt them bad, or B) having a couple dead bodies on my property for me to deal with (along with their now angered friends/relatives, law enforcement/military, and/or rotting H5N1-infested corpses in a bird flu scenario), I'll opt for option A wherever possible.

Probably a good plan.  Seems that the "law" is not on our side.  Youd be the one in jail, and your house would become a meth lab and whorehouse.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:27:55 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Not too much and not too little, just the right amount!!  

what is this term you use to speak of an ammo stash?
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:28:09 PM EDT
[#18]
27 rounds + what ever number needed to take care of problem peoples.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:28:37 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Since most of the guys on here have never figured out that ammo outgo is usually matched by ammo incoming,

I don't accept your framing of the issue, since any OUTGOING ammo would be RETURN FIRE on our part.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:31:12 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Anything less than mini guns g2g
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:33:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Social disorder?  Are we talking an outbreak of Zombie Infection or a typical Million (insert stupid liberal cause here) Man/Woman/Person of undisclosed sexual persuasion march?
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:34:42 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Social disorder?  Are we talking an outbreak of Zombie Infection or a typical Million (insert stupid liberal cause here) Man/Woman/Person of undisclosed sexual persuasion march?

None of the above.

I'm talking about illegal immigrant marches.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:36:17 PM EDT
[#23]

Let's say that HYPOTHETICALLY that, oh, for instance, the illegals get carried away after mass demonstrations like those planned for tomorrow, and rioting and social disorder broke out, lasting from perhaps three to nine days. How much ammo do you think you might expend defending your area? I'm thinking it might turn out to be quite a bit!...got enough?

I need to stock up on more. I heard the kmart by me has 00 for 1.29 a box. I have enough cash for 500 ww white box in .40. That should do it. But being on the second floor in a wooden duplex Im fuckered no matter what. They wont get up here. But they can burn us out right quick. So if the riots come its going to be a trip out of town
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:39:15 PM EDT
[#24]
nevermind.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:52:09 PM EDT
[#25]
I keep 3 sealed battlepacks of SA 5.56 (900rds total) and about 200rds pistol in my ready bag. I think that would be enough. I would gladly trade half that ammo for a couple of well armed and trained friends. In that situation, you need them more than the ammo.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:58:18 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm down to 900 rounds of 5.56 and 800 of 7.62
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 9:00:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Hundreds upon hundreds of paper airplanes and one 4.3" S30V blade.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 9:19:30 PM EDT
[#28]
I wouldn't expect to expend any. You have to figure that most people won't face any rioters, etc as they mostly burn down their own neighborhoods. If they come into yours the odds are someone else will repel them. The odds are pretty small you will have to do a damn thing.
Of course you had better be prepared and ready.

I figure it would be highly unlikely I would ever have to fire a weapon but if I id I would say it would probably only be a few rds. Also remember that a single shot is far more difficult to locate than a burst or barrage of fire.  
Maximum in a total SHTF scenario: 300rds and I would consider that a 1 in a million shot.

Always be prepared for the worst however.
Have a secluded position and have a weapon with a flash hider for nightime. Red dot would be very valuable for rapid acquisiton. Try not to leave brass laying around.

Far better to have a team of guys working in pairs, strategically placed in your neighborhood. Ideally 2 teams secluded inside structures and back away from windows, behind bushes or other cover/concealment, or on rooftops  to provide fire support for a 4 man team interdicting intruders attemtping to get into your neighborhood. Road block mandatory.
Those on interdiction team should ideally have weapon lights and even more important would be a consideration for body armor if available.
Depending on situation you might be best off, or of necessity, without an interdiction team.
Of course all of that assumes an urban or suburban environment.

Rural is another matter but less likely to have problems.

If you are without food and water you have woefully underprepared and should solve that issue.
Basic first aid knowledge and supplies are also important and become more vital the worse and longer the SHTF.

Provide for fire plan.
keep family members low and even below ground if possible. Having kids looking our window could be very bad.
Also remember that most rifle rounds and even 00Buck will penetrate pretty well. Expect .223 to at least penetrate 6" of masonry. Much more for 7.62 x 39 and even more than that for .308, etc.

Know your terrain, neighborhood, where to set up, where any enemy forces will have to come thru and plan accordingly.

See some of the recipes for smoke bombs here also. Cheap and easy to make. Could come in very handy.  

Oh, and one last thing, razor wire, sandbags and claymores are things the sheeple just love seeing.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 9:21:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Just one.  To shoot myself after reading this thread.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 9:27:41 PM EDT
[#30]
To be honest.I would probably go through more popcorn than ammo.
You know,sitting on the couch watching the idiots march on the FOX news channel.
Dry-firing my Glock at the t.v. screen.Picking off hundreds off illegals without even wasting any ammo.
Stoping occassionaly to pick up the popcorn that fell between the cushions.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 9:28:43 PM EDT
[#31]
One for every asshole that got in my way.

Two if he pissed me off.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 9:42:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Let's ask a better question, one that I doubt many of the couch commandos have thought of, being as it is not so glamourus.

How long will your food supply last you for? Clean Water? Gasoline? Transport? Heat? Comms?etc, etc...
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 9:42:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Californians enjoy! This is su vida!

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 9:44:58 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Let's ask a better question, one that I doubt many of the couch commandos have thought of, being as it is not so glamourus.

How long will your food supply last you for? Clean Water? Gasoline? Transport? Heat? Comms?etc, etc...

Agreed. People should spend less time on GD and more on SF.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 9:47:50 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

good to go on food, water is the issue, I'm still moving and havent gotten myself any 55 gallon drums put away yet
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 9:52:42 PM EDT
[#36]
The more supplies you have the more time they'll spend looting and the less time they'll spend defiling your corpse.

If you live in urban SoCal you are a thrill seeker for sure.

How many rounds would Reginald Denny have needed?
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 9:52:58 PM EDT
[#37]
For  a counter-insurgency operation of this scale, I would recommend a minimum of 600 rd per day, per semi-automatic rifle, and 150 rounds per day for semi-auto handgun.  

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 9:59:05 PM EDT
[#38]
600 rds a day? For how many days?

If it gets THAT bad, I'd say it would be bugout time.

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 10:02:15 PM EDT
[#39]
I have enough to get by for a while
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 10:03:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Should we all use the kind of gun Al Pacino used in Heat?
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 10:07:17 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

I'm working on my food stores now(once my case of MREs get here I'll have a  like a week of food and about the same in water stores(I've got work to do in this area)

I'm good on ammo like 1800rds 5.56/.223, needs some .45s though.
I should get a BUG or 2.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 10:09:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Hey we rent Fuck it. We're getting out of town. We will go down by my parents they live in a nice border town all the chicago cops retire to.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 10:16:47 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Agreed. People should spend less time on GD and more on SF.

Indeed.
For those who haven't visited us yet.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 10:18:02 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
600 rds a day? For how many days?

If it gets THAT bad, I'd say it would be bugout time.

And how are you going to bug out?
As soon as you get your family in your car and drive out there is going to be some sort of cease fire?
And when you get out in the country, if you make it, everyone is just going to welcome you?

I really have to laugh at all the city folk who think they just run out into the country and live like the indians did. LMAO. You people better come up with a better plan because 99% of you would do far better staying put.

Aside from the threat of running the gauntlet to get out of the city in such an extreme scenario, then you make it to the highway or interestate and then what?  Locked up traffic everywhere. Gas? Good luck.
And if you make it as far as me you will face anything but a friendly welcome.
I know every hill, stream and swamp in a 5-10mi radius like the back of my hand, I hike in it almost daily, I know where the game is, and I am a crack shot. Beyond that, when it comes down to it, I am one ruthless SOB and I ain't alone by any stretch of the imagination. The locals around here barely tolerate you all during the tourist months as it is. Like I said, you all had better come up with a better plan.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 10:21:43 PM EDT
[#45]
I have no worries the government will protect me
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 10:23:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Tell me about it.  I very much hope TS doesn't HTF for at least another two years... I still live in the middle of it all.  Frankly, I want to be out of here this summer if I can.  If that doesn't work out, it's a year from now.  If that opportunity doesn't work out then it's two years and then I can pull the ripcord.

ASAP is what's on my mind, the indigenous type natives are getting restless.  They don't like white people, you know?

It's not this lovey-dovey thing.  We slaughtered them by the millions back in teh day and they're a little pissed off about this whole conquistadore thing.  You think they just want to lick your boot and call you master and pick oranges and wire a little money back home to granny, right?  Sure.  How would you like it, to be driven from your home country by horrible unemployment and corrupt politicians, and have to suck some white guy's dick all day to pick up enough money to sleep in a flophouse and not get to see your wife a whole lot...

I am a very small minority in my neighborhood and these guys are genuinely tough.  They work hard, are closest with a family that is a long way from here, and have nothing to lose.  They don't do this on a Sunday afternoon cause they're bored.  This is a choice made because Plan A and Plan B didn't work out.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 10:27:25 PM EDT
[#47]
This is great.  Plans to expend 600+ rounds a day all by your lonesome. (On what threat is open to question) These threads are hilarious.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 10:29:06 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
This is great.  Plans to expend 600+ rounds a day all by your lonesome. (On what threat is open to question) These threads are hilarious.

+1 John.
Like I said - all these guys have 600000000 rounds of ammo, but they don't have the common sense to stock some food and water - something you are FAR more likely to need.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 10:30:23 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Tell me about it.  I very much hope TS doesn't HTF for at least another two years... I still live in the middle of it all.  Frankly, I want to be out of here this summer if I can.  If that doesn't work out, it's a year from now.  If that opportunity doesn't work out then it's two years and then I can pull the ripcord.

So are you skipping work tomorrow to keep your homestead secure?  Man, must really suck to be there now.  The gov't disarmed most of your ability to defend your family from the hordes.  Dunno what would be worse, the latinos rioting or the Rodney King riots.  

I pray for each and every one of you.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 10:42:05 PM EDT
[#50]
The term "Path of least resistance" applies here.  Once I pop off a few well placed shots they'll reroute I'm sure.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top