Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/8/2006 8:07:13 PM EDT
...if we used nuclear weapons against Iran?

I think that economic sanctions and embargos would be highly probable if we hit Iran with a pre-emptive nuclear strike. It would also probably be the mildest form of retaliation that we could expect. If the reports that Russian and Chinese scientists are assiting the Iranian nuclear weapons program are true, then we could even open ourselves to nuclear retaliation from the Russians.

Maybe nuking Iran isn't such a good idea after all. I think that we can still solve this problem with convential attacks against their nuclear sites.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 8:07:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I hope so.

Then, I hope their very next action would be relocation to Afrika.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 8:09:00 PM EDT
[#2]

We ARE the UN. The only reason the UN exists is by the mire fact that we pay for it!
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 8:09:26 PM EDT
[#3]
bring it on.  it would hurt the rest of the world far more than it would hurt us to try to cut us off.  our economy uses foreign investment because we can and it works for us, NOT because we have to.  Other countries need us to survive.  if china couldnt sell to us, they would go belly up, as would the EU.  the global economy exists at our leisure.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 8:09:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Sanctions would hurt them too, remember we are THE Biggest consumers in the world, and import plenty of it.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 8:10:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Sanction? Probably.  Embargo?  I doubt it.  They wouldn't be that stupid.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 8:30:55 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
...if we used nuclear weapons against Iran?

I think that economic sanctions and embargos would be highly probable if we hit Iran with a pre-emptive nuclear strike. It would also probably be the mildest form of retaliation that we could expect. If the reports that Russian and Chinese scientists are assiting the Iranian nuclear weapons program are true, then we could even open ourselves to nuclear retaliation from the Russians.

Maybe nuking Iran isn't such a good idea after all. I think that we can still solve this problem with convential attacks against their nuclear sites.

Fuck them we would probably all be better off if we would turn the whole area to glass.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 8:32:20 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
We ARE the UN. The only reason the UN exists is by the mire fact that we pay for it!

+1

Alvin
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 8:32:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Uh, yes.

Using a nuke is beyond the pale, especially if your national survival is not in the balance.

You think the world changed after 9/11?  Wait till we use nukes in the middle east.  Even England and Texas would re evaluate their relations with the US after something like that.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 8:37:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Except for oil at $250 a barrel (and $8 a gallon at the pump) I think the rest of the world would rather sell us their crap than forget our massive trade deficit.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top