Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/8/2006 11:51:46 AM EDT
We have no interest for 2005, no mortgage, nothing but income.

Will we get more money back filing joint?
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 11:53:06 AM EDT
[#1]
I am under the impression you get way more back filing jointly but in our case we have a couple mortgage deductions etc.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 11:54:54 AM EDT
[#2]
ty  will file joint!
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 12:02:36 PM EDT
[#3]
If you were married in 2005, you have two choices - married, and married filing seperate.  Single is no longer an option.

I can think of very, very few circumstances where married filing seperate is benifitial.

Depending on your respective incomes, Single and Married can go either way.  In my case, filing Married over tripled my refund over what I would have gotten had I not been married.  But that is probably one of the more extream examples I have seen...
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 12:57:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Joint.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 3:57:25 PM EDT
[#5]
IIRC seprately would be a better position. I can pose this ? to a CPA/CFP tuesday if you like.Any kids?
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 3:59:26 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
IIRC seprately would be a better position. I can pose this ? to a CPA/CFP tuesday if you like.Any kids?

Have you been married and done it either way?
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:36:20 PM EDT
[#7]
IIRC seprately would be a better position. I can pose this ? to a CPA/CFP tuesday if you like.Any kids? income gross total? I was married for 2yrs in the 80s. I'm saying I can ask a CPA/CertFinanPlaner Tuesday nite if you want to IM me
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 1:17:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Wifey, who is a tax preparer says there is zero benefit to filing seperately. Joint is the way to go.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top