Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/8/2006 7:45:06 AM EDT
Does anyone here use a non-American source to get his or her daily news fix?  I like BBC World News because they sometimes show less bias towards US topics.  Do to their relationship with the US though, I feel they might still censor some things for fear of upsetting their American constituents?  I still read the hot topics on CNN and MSNBC sometimes, but I like to get other sides of the story, if you know what I mean.  Any input?
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:45:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Al Jazeera
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:46:33 AM EDT
[#2]
On line-The Drudge Report

TV-Fox News.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:52:35 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Does anyone here use a non-American source to get his or her daily news fix?  I like BBC World News because they sometimes show less bias towards US topics.  

I actually like them too, they're less anti-American anti-Israel than regular mainline BBC news.  They're not smarmy, stupid, and hopelessly biased in favor of liberals like the network news is, and there's an absence of the boring irrelevant shit that comprises 1/2 of the network news broadcast, e.g. health news, consumer news, sappy human interest stories, and of course the Depends and Geritol commercials. You get about 10-15 minutes of real news from CBS and the like, and rest is pretty much worthless.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 8:06:46 AM EDT
[#4]
I get all my national and international news here... I don't care much about local news
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 8:08:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 8:17:47 AM EDT
[#6]
I also get my news from the BBC:
news.bbc.co.uk/

I like them because they don't have the slant/bias that the normal USA new media has on a subject because the BBC really doesn't have a stake in the outcome like some of the news media inside the USA.

I was surprised after reading the BBC for the past year or so, they report quite a bit of news inside that USA, that would only be of interest if you were in the USA.  Plus their world news is more thoroughly reported than all of the USA media outlets such as CNN, etc.

Most of the USA news media usually regurgitate something from AP, Reuters, UPI; ie same story from different news media outlets.

Actually, for news here on ARFCOM's GD, the collective is quite good for news as we have many people living all over the USA, and in many fields of expertise, and can tell is the story is BS or not.  And of course we don't get all of the BS human interest stories, and cats stuck up in a tree nonsense.

As an example, we heard about the break in the levees of NOLA on ARFCOM GD about a hour before it was reported on CNN, Fox etc.  because it was being reported locally but not by any of the nationwide news media outlets.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 8:23:30 AM EDT
[#7]
All my news comes from ARFCOM
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 8:56:00 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Yep and a few other forums that im on.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 8:59:57 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

+1

There are members here from all over the world.
You can always find out about things happening that you would never hear about in the mainstream media.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 9:01:22 AM EDT
[#10]
ARFCOM of course! I mean this is the only Fair and Balanced news anywhere!
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 9:02:07 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I get all my national and international news here... I don't care much about local news

Same here,if it aint worth doing a cut and paste onto arfcom,or at least a lousy link,I dont need to know about it
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top