Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/6/2006 8:23:40 PM EDT
When you read her quotes, do you read anything that remotely resembles "I'm sorry for hitting the Capitol Police officer?"  I don't.

"I come here before this body to personally express again my sincere regret about the encounter with the Capitol Hill Police. ... There should not have been any physical contact in this incident," McKinney said after being recognized by the speaker pro tempore.

"I am sorry that this misunderstanding happened at all, and I regret this escalation, and I apologize," McKinney said to applause. McKinney also said she would support a House resolution introduced by Republicans to express appreciation for the work done by Capitol Police.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:25:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I guess she didn't get the hint when she was told she had the right to remain silent.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:25:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:28:52 PM EDT
[#3]
True Bill the Bitch and see what happens
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:29:21 PM EDT
[#4]
her ass needs to be in jail a week ago.  if she were one of us little people, she would be talking to her public defender trying to strike a deal
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:29:44 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
When you read her quotes, do you read anything that remotely resembles "I'm sorry for hitting the Capitol Police officer?"  I don't.

"I come here before this body to personally express again my sincere regret about the encounter with the Capitol Hill Police. ... There should not have been any physical contact in this incident," McKinney said after being recognized by the speaker pro tempore.

"I am sorry that this misunderstanding happened at all, and I regret this escalation, and I apologize," McKinney said to applause. McKinney also said she would support a House resolution introduced by Republicans to express appreciation for the work done by Capitol Police.

*Heh*

Ok.

The ones suporting the CHPD all the way?

Sure.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:29:48 PM EDT
[#6]
All topics concerning Ms. Mckinney should be considered as an attempt to race bait the board.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:32:53 PM EDT
[#7]

There should not have been any physical contact in this incident

Did she mean the cop trying to restrain her, using about the least minimum force over talking mean?

Or her punching the cop in the chest?

Or is she being purposely ambiguous?

If she gets re-elected it's going to put another dent in my belief in utility of democracy
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:33:07 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I think she should had said that she shouldn't smack a cop after she went into the capitol building with no I.D. even though it was just a little pin.   If the congresmen want to wear a pen as ID then they should wear it.  I bet the cop remembered his badge.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:34:38 PM EDT
[#9]
That's right out of the old Slick Willy "how to (not) apologize/admit wrong" playbook.

"Mistakes were made............"

She is a congressional
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:36:12 PM EDT
[#10]
She'll get hers one day.

HH
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:36:37 PM EDT
[#11]
What a beeyotch.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:37:37 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
She'll get hers one day.

HH

Hopefully in the gut so it'll hurt like crazy.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:40:23 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
That's right out of the old Slick Willy "how to (not) apologize/admit wrong" playbook.

"Mistakes were made............"

She is a congressional

There's more passive voice in her "apology" than a John Keats poem.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:40:47 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
She'll get hers one day.

HH

Hopefully in the gut so it'll hurt like crazy.

IBTL
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:40:49 PM EDT
[#15]
She was only making a big deal out of the thing to get her name in the spotlight for upcoming elections.

She's only sorry because they police are pursuing charges against her.  

It's all whities fault that she has to apologize.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:45:55 PM EDT
[#16]
She's apologoizing to the Democrats for being a liability to them.  It would be a cold day in hell the day she apologize to the cop for doing his job and admitting she was in the wrong.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 12:18:43 AM EDT
[#17]
I haven't heard anyone ask her if the officer that she assaulted was white? My guess is, he was. If he had been black, would she feel compelled to assault him? (or her). My guess is, she would have complied with a BLACK officer's request to stop for identification. Who's the racist here? I wish the liberal media would try to turn the tables on these blatant racists. Somebody needs to recite the old "The Boy Who Cried Wolf" story to these black cry babies.
It's really getting old....
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 12:28:55 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I haven't heard anyone ask her if the officer that she assaulted was white? My guess is, he was. If he had been black, would she feel compelled to assault him? (or her). My guess is, she would have complied with a BLACK officer's request to stop for identification. Who's the racist here? I wish the liberal media would try to turn the tables on these blatant racists. Somebody needs to recite the old "The Boy Who Cried Wolf" story to these black cry babies.
It's really getting old....

Of course.

There would've been no issue otherwise.

There are two dead CHP officers that stood agasint the tender membership of congress
and death not long ago.

I work security.

I will never appoligize for being security.

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 4:12:44 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
... and I apologize," McKinney said to applause. "

To whom?

For what?

What's left unsaid speaks volumes.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:27:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:03:52 PM EDT
[#21]
she's only sorry she's in trouble and taking away the media attention from Delay resigning
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:26:25 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
All topics concerning Ms. Mckinney should be considered as an attempt to race bait the board.

You are kidding...right?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top