Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/6/2006 6:04:29 PM EDT
thats what the Canadian said to me withing 5 minutes of meeting him.  my reply was,..." i dont"  then he says, " what are you gonna do?, kill someone?.       , i said " NO"     then he said   BLAA BLAA BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA....       Friggen LIBERALS!
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:05:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Thank you for that eloquent commentary.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:06:52 PM EDT
[#2]
what an enlightened answer.  i'm sure you really caused him to think about his position.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:06:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I would have taken his car and wallet at gunpoint
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:09:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:10:13 PM EDT
[#5]
You didn't ask him if he had a fire extinguisher in his house?
followed by...you can just call the fire dept. What do you think you are...a firefighter?
You're just going to get yourself killed!!

Why wear your seatbelt? What are the odds....the list goes on.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:10:31 PM EDT
[#6]
"Why do you need a gun?"
"for shooting things."
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:10:58 PM EDT
[#7]
the correct answer is that I don't need a gun.

I choose to have a gun because it's my right to do so
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:11:17 PM EDT
[#8]
i woulda looked him in the eye and said........"To shoot the people who should have owned a gun too!"
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:12:12 PM EDT
[#9]
i wasnt in the mood for it and decided that he was not worth the argument or disscussion, actually.  the answer was quite clear though not complete, see...i dont NEED a gun, ( you can fill in the blank here), my face pale without expression,...then Kill someone, absolutely not!  fill in further blank,..UNLESS....but geez, dont you get sick of the redundant arguments
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:15:27 PM EDT
[#10]
then again, wouldnt it have been fun to pull my glock out from under my shirt and do something really stupid just to get a rise?...for funs sake?...but then you would have to be amongst friends , wouldnt you.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:19:00 PM EDT
[#11]
I like the "why do you have a spare tire?"  "Have you ever used it"
line of responses.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:20:46 PM EDT
[#12]
One of our own, who shall remain nameless, was asked that question by a woman in a supermarket.  He was in the produce aisle with his newborn in a harness mounted to himself.  Upon being asked he replied to woman, "Because beating a man to death is a lot of work."

Best answer ever.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:29:01 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
One of our own, who shall remain nameless, was asked that question by a woman in a supermarket.  He was in the produce aisle with his newborn in a harness mounted to himself.  Upon being asked he replied to woman, "Because beating a man to death is a lot of work."

Best answer ever.

Yeah , i like that because some of the spew that followed from him was " why dont you just beat someone up rather than shoot him>?)   and i think to myself, i have fought so many battles in my 40 years, i can still fight with the big boys. actually, i have NO self Doubts,...but i'm i'm tired, i'm tired of fighting the world, there is always another battle comming, it will never end.  no problem really, as i enjoy the battle.  but that line says it all doesnt it.....
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:29:58 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Best answer ever.

Yeah , i like that because some of the spew that followed from him was " why dont you just beat someone up rather than shoot him>?)   and i think to myself, i have fought so many battles in my 40 years, i can still fight with the big boys. actually, i have NO self Doubts,...but  i'm tired, i'm tired of fighting the world, there is always another battle comming, it will never end.  no problem really, as i enjoy the battle.  but that line says it all doesnt it.....
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:31:13 PM EDT
[#15]
ooppps, double tap
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:32:10 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Thank you for that eloquent commentary.

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:35:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Best answer would have been to make your eyes go real wide and say in a harsh whisper:  "The clowns."
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:36:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Because I'm not Chuck Norris. Duh!
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:37:00 PM EDT
[#19]
I talked with an old hispanic guy yesterday on this same issue. He said that anyone who carries a gun is an idiot, but that defending onesself is a good thing. I told him that a firearm is the best way to accomplish the objective of defending himself, so why do idiots carry them? "Because I couldn't live with myself if I killed a guy." Then he showed me his wounds - knife scar to the chest, 32 acp scars to the upper forehead and right shoulder, and 38 spl scar to lower righ abdomen.

So, I'm an idiot for not having a problem killing someone in defense when it's legally and morally proper and necessary.

ETA I'm taking Rik's advice next time I run into these type people.  
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:37:21 PM EDT
[#20]
"Well, you know how they say guys with guns must be compensating for some other shortcoming...they're right.  I have a gun because my dick can't kill things 25 yards away."
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:39:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Tell him to mind his own business, I'm about sick of that question.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:41:33 PM EDT
[#22]
When asked "why do you need a gun?" I just respond with..... How long do you think it would take a police officer to respond after placing a 911 call. 5 min if you are lucky.  Lets see how long 5 min is.....Start stop watch and wait 5 min. after that I ask them what do you think could happen in that amount of time if some armed drug addict broke into your house looking for money or you were jumped on the street. At which point they usually respond I would reason with them... I just laugh at them. They have obviously never met someone who is strung out on drugs and has not slept in 3-4 days. Alot can happen in 5 min.

I need a gun to protect my family and others from harm, and it is my right.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:43:06 PM EDT
[#23]
funny , earlier in the day, my boss and i were talking about my old bronco, i just got new skins on it BFG MUD TERRAINS, these are like the baddest assed tires, so cool.   anyways we get to talking about winches, so i mention that last night i was crusing through a catalogue and found these killer bumpers with winch mounts, and go on to describe them when he says, " dont get them, make your own, he doesnt like tube bumpers!"   so i was like, yeah. uh huh.    i mean , what am i gonna do, tell him that i do like the bumpers, make my case?...sometimes you just gotta say, FUCK IT!  i really dont give a shit what others are saying.... be it bumpers, babies , guns, price of milk, gas , wages. or whatever.
   Sometimes i just get tired of engaging in useless conversation about something that really doesnt matter. i'll get the tube bumbers if i want,    I'll always carry a firearm,...i fart if i need to, cause its to hard to hold it.   I'll protect my family with my life. i command respect. and sometimes....sometimes, i leave really stinky shits!
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:48:30 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
thats what the Canadian said to me withing 5 minutes of meeting him.  my reply was,..." i dont"  then he says, " what are you gonna do?, kill someone?.       , i said " NO"     then he said   BLAA BLAA BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA....       Friggen LIBERALS!

too bad you wasted a great opportunity to 'enlighten' him on the 2nd
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:50:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Q: Why do you need a gun?
A: Because the founding fathers said one day I may need to bust a cap in the Governments ass.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:53:08 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

too bad you wasted a great opportunity to 'enlighten' him on the 2nd

but when you get right down to it, can you really make people who are set in their beliefs (liberal)change their mind based on facts and common sense
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:56:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Are you going to kill someone?

I hope I never have to...
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:59:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Crazy Canuck: Why do you need a gun?

Nirvana: If I didn't have this gun, the king of England could walk right in here and start pushing you around!

[Nirvana starts pushing Crazy Canuck around]

Nirvana: D'you want that? Huh? Do ya?

Crazy Canuck: No...
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:54:15 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
the correct answer is that I don't need a gun.

I choose to have a gun because it's my right to do so

...and then finish the conversation with something like "Here in America, we don't live by a 'Bill of Needs'; we live by a Bill of Rights".
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:32:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Why do I NEED a gun?

Simple. Because I'm not a Canadian.

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:43:53 PM EDT
[#31]
zombies, man, zombies.

Same answer people get when they wonder why I have food and water stocked up.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:50:35 PM EDT
[#32]
tag for these great smart-ass responses
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:54:53 PM EDT
[#33]
The guy that I shared a room with at MEPS said this to me.  "There's no reason for me to own a gun."  I said self-defense is a reason and there's always the chance that someone could break-in.  He said something like "well I can use a bat"...
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:58:25 PM EDT
[#34]
I was talking to one the other day too, he called me a nazi in training cause I said I would defend my house from a break in with deadly force. I was blown away by some of the stupid crazy shit this guy said. He had his house broken in to 2 times in the last year and he was like..oh well, police came a few hours later la di da. I was like wisky tango foxtrot. I have heard about crazy anti-gun nuts, but this was the first I had ever met. I was blown away.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 10:07:55 PM EDT
[#35]
www.handguncontrolinc.org/snivel.htm

HCI Guide for Dealing with Home-Invasions
SNiVeL

With home-invasion robberies on the rise, we here at HCI offer you the following guide to surviving such an encounter without resorting to violence.

Owning a dog is a wonderful and rewarding experience. A dog will also provide a valuable deterrent to home-invasion crimes. We recommend a small, passive, NON-VIOLENT breed that barks, yaps and generally raises hell at every little noise. The barking will warn you of a potential threat, giving you time to act.

If a socially misguided soul does attempt to hack his way into your home, immediately call 911. Try to reason with the intruder until help arrives. Tell him that you have called for assistance and that the peace officers are on their way. Inform him that you have no intentions of harming him. Reassure him of this by explaining that you don't believe in violence and own NO weapons of your own.

Should the misguided intruder smash his way into your home despite your efforts, experts agree you should run like hell. Don't allow any obstacles to get in your way! This includes the bodies of other residents of the household or the yappy little mutt you purchased for just such an emergency.

Should escape be impossible, utilize the Safe, Non-Violent, Limp, or the SNiVeL, Technique, which was developed by our own Josh Suckerman.

Do The SNiVeL:

*      Step 1: "S" is for Safe - Assume a safe, fetal position, preferably under a table or other cover.  
   *      Step 2: "N" & "V" are for Non-Violent - Remember, remain non-violent. Moves that could be interpreted as 'self-defense' may only serve to further provoke your assailant. Offer no resistance.
   *      Step 3: "L" is for Limp - Remain limp while begging and groveling for your life!!!  This is no time for pride or courage, so cry like a girl, you fool!!!   This will always serve you better than a firearm, which would only inject more violence into the situation.  Finally, stay limp until your assailant has finished beating you like a rented mule.  He will eventually tire from pummeling you mercilessly and choose to move on to a more entertaining endeavor, such as beating your spouse and/or children.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top