Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/6/2006 4:33:51 PM EDT
I have a bunch of video clips from guys in Iraq that I want to show my dad.

A lot of them are in .avi and .mpg and I was wondering if there was a way to convert them to DVD format and burn them so they can be played on a standard DVD player.

I wish he had a player that played those files already, but we had a hard enough time convincing my father to get a DVD player in the first place.  He's pretty old-fashioned, but I'd like to be able to show him the vids.

I found a few converters, but I wanted to check with y'all here for the easiest method.  Thanks in advance for any info!

One more question
-- will I have to burn these converted files onto a DVD-R, or will a CD-R suffice?  Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 4:35:56 PM EDT
[#1]
DIVX to DVD works GREAT! It is reasonably priced but it can also be found.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 4:36:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I use a program called VSO Divx.

It is real easy to convert .avi and .mpeg to an .iso that will play in a DVD player.

Just be sure to switch the setting for the North American DVD format.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 4:42:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Make sure to force NTSC 29.97 frames per second when using VSO DivX to DVD.  Most divX movies are 24-25 fps or so.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top