Quoted:
training fuse, basically a firecracker, not a real grenade

Dupe from 2 yrs ago -

That was NOT a "firecracker"/"Training Fuse"

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 12:29:18 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Pretty big explosion for a "Firecracker".
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 12:32:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Foreign country.   Pay to Play
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 12:33:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Is it the video from Cambodia? My step bro went there and said you can toss real grenades for $$ there.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 12:36:13 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Uhhh, no.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 12:37:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Grenades 'R' Us
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 12:39:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Someone take his man card away.  What kind of pussy throw was that?  

It looked like he dropped it and tried to pick it up.  He is so dumb he has no idea how close he came to f-ing up.

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 12:43:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 12:51:40 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

and an incredibly small explosion for a grenade
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 12:58:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 3:54:14 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I fired a 40mm into a pond once and it was pretty similar.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 4:42:43 PM EDT
[#14]
That was a grenade no question
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:13:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Depends on how deep the water was.  Only a few feet of water will drastically reduce the apparent size of the blast.

Ed
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:20:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Do they "pop" like that as soon as you drop the spoon on it?
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:56:51 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Yes
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:01:23 PM EDT
[#18]
He had cute sandles though
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:06:34 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes

Which is, I think, what startled the guy, leading to the wussy throw.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:11:42 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You watch too many movies.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:12:52 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:14:56 PM EDT
[#22]
LOL, that was awesome!!
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:15:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:32:46 PM EDT
[#24]
It was a grenade...
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:54:57 PM EDT
[#25]
una granada!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 10:50:56 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

yeah never mind my personal experience with them
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 10:58:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Grenades don't blow up real big like the movies.  Come on people.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:03:06 PM EDT
[#28]
That guy seemed pretty nonchalant about having almost blown himself up.

"I messed up."
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:03:58 PM EDT
[#29]
converted glock???
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:07:26 PM EDT
[#30]
That be a real Grenade and those two are dumbasses.   It amazes me how stupid people continue to waste valuable oxygen and reproduce.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:12:46 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

The pop you hear is the striker flipping over and hitting a primer which ignites the fuse.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:19:15 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
That be a real Grenade and those two are dumbasses.   It amazes me how stupid people continue to waste valuable oxygen and reproduce.

The guy that dropped the grenade was a fucking idiot. The guy that saved the dumbasses life isn't stupid.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:36:07 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Yep,that was a real grenade,would have been MUCH worse had it not gone off in the pond. Something simular happened at Ft. Leonard Wood,quick reacting Drill saved the recruit's ass.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:44:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Definately real, looked exactly like that when I did that.

Friend of mine in highschool got a box of them, I dont know where the fuck he got them, but he sure as hell had them. Had a little over 30 of them, we ended up throwing them all into a canal.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:59:25 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Friend of mine in highschool got a box of them, I dont know where the fuck he got them, but he sure as hell had them. Had a little over 30 of them, we ended up throwing them all into a canal.

...Please tell me you aren't admitting to illegally detonating illegally obtained illegal explosive devices...
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 12:09:15 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

...Please tell me you aren't admitting to illegally detonating illegally obtained illegal explosive devices...

Of course not, when I say "we" I meant "he" , I just watched.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 12:24:58 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why?
You going to call the Feds on him?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 12:29:28 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Why?

I'd have no need to... the ATF could inquire AR15.com for his IP and trace it back to him... I wouldn't need to do a thing. Anything you post on ARFCOM is, will be, and has been available to the government. If someone on this site threatened to make pipe bombs and blow up a building - no one would even need to alert the FBI/police to it, they'd know about it likely before anyone could even contact them.

My point is, don't tell anything over the internet if there's a chance you can get arrested for it is. Acquiring grenades and using them is one of them.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 4:26:03 PM EDT
[#39]
If that was a real grenade there would have been blood on the camera lens instead of water. That thing didn't go off like like the ones i threw.              
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 4:31:34 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep,that was a real grenade,would have been MUCH worse had it not gone off in the pond. Something simular happened at Ft. Leonard Wood,quick reacting Drill saved the recruit's ass.

When I was in Basic at Fort Lost in the Woods, one of those concrete grenade throwing positions was blackened and had red stains in it.   Seems a recruit milked a grenade, a week or two earlier,  like the tard in the video and it fell down inside the position.   The Drill got the recruit out in time but he didn't get himself out in time, he was blown into chunks.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 4:34:51 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why?

I'd have no need to... the ATF could inquire AR15.com for his IP and trace it back to him... I wouldn't need to do a thing. Anything you post on ARFCOM is, will be, and has been available to the government. If someone on this site threatened to make pipe bombs and blow up a building - no one would even need to alert the FBI/police to it, they'd know about it likely before anyone could even contact them.

My point is, don't tell anything over the internet if there's a chance you can get arrested for it is. Acquiring grenades and using them is one of them.

Yea like the FEDs would actually chase that. Theyll have no proof.

I used to the same thing when I was a kid
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 4:44:03 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

When I was in Basic at Fort Lost in the Woods, one of those concrete grenade throwing positions was blackened and had red stains in it.   Seems a recruit milked a grenade, a week or two earlier,  like the tard in the video and it fell down inside the position.   The Drill got the recruit out in time but he didn't get himself out in time, he was blown into chunks.

I remember the grenade pits there.  Dried red stains, chipped and blackened concrete wall....  Made me realize how real and dangerous a grenade can be.  I was there in Jan to Mar 94.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 4:54:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 4:59:17 PM EDT
[#44]
You are supposed to throw the grenade and spoon at the same time.  The spoon will fly off to activate the grenade during flight.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:01:39 PM EDT
[#45]
probably from the Salvadorians
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:05:36 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
The pop of the primer going off when the striker hits it is what freaks out first time grenade throwers.   They don't expect it because that's not usually in the movies.

I've never thrown a live grenade but I know about that pop and would expect it.  I don't think I'd fumble the throw.

Do the recruits get their first grenade instruction with smoke grenades or grenades without a main charge, at least?    I'd want to train them to get used to the pop and expect it BEFORE I put a live grenade in their hands.

Heck,  I'd make each recruit throw at least FIFTY consecutive good throws with dummy grenades (with live primers to get that pop) before I let one try a live grenade.

CJ

We practiced with grenades that had a hole in the bottom - no HE filler, they had live fuzes.   The Drills and Cadre were all over the recruits who had "milking" problems, they set those individuals up for last in the throwing order for the live ones.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:11:07 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top