Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/5/2006 2:01:11 PM EDT
I’ve just discovered how convenient downloading audio books are onto my iPod.  I’ve been listening to them during my 60 minute cardio sessions 5 days a week.  I’ve just finished Sun Tzu’s The Art of War.  What should I listen to next.  I like history, politics, science and military stuff.  

Any recommendations?  
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 2:03:04 PM EDT
[#1]
The Kite Runner...takes place in afghanistan...brilliantly written, and provides a great introduction to their society from an afghan immigrant through flashbacks.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 2:05:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Who is the author of the Kite Runner?  I think thats the only way I can search Itunes.

*Never Mind : Khaled Hosseini
But Itunes doesn't have it...

Anything else?
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 2:10:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Animals in Translation (unabrigded) By: Temple Grandin and Catherine Johnson

This book is simply amazing. The insight into animal behavior has huge implications. Well worth the time.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 2:12:21 PM EDT
[#4]
A Short History of Nearly Everything (Unabridged) by: Bill Bryson

This is a must read. A scientific overview that is very interesting and entertaining.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 2:15:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Try audible.com, it’s a great site for audio books. I've been a subscriber for a year or so and it has been great. I'm reading a huge volume of books, something I never did with text.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 2:18:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Listen to all the Stephen King "Dark Tower" series.  That will last you a while.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 2:19:14 PM EDT
[#7]
I have 'Treason', 'How To Talk To A Liberal - if you must', and 'Slander' by Ann Coulter.  I highly Recommend all of them.

Let Freedon Ring by Hannity is a good pick too.  Also, I have found Bill O'Riellys audiobooks to be worth listening to.

ETA: Next I'm going to get the 1776 series.

-K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top