Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/3/2006 5:15:47 PM EDT
I've got some project plans, and it calls for Masonite Board. What is this stuff? Is it the same thing that peg board is made of? Where can I find it?

Thanks,
Kris
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:19:01 PM EDT
[#1]
IIRC, Masonite is a MDF-like material once used to make slat siding for homes. Very popular in the mid-90's, but since discontinued for that use because it doesn't take well to water.

MDF is Medium-Density Fiberboard. Basically sawdust and glue.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:19:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, its basically the same as peg board but w/o the holes.  Home Depot/Lowes Etc...

We used it for the curves in forms when pouring concrete.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:21:35 PM EDT
[#3]
It was a popular siding for resedential housing.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 11:25:56 PM EDT
[#4]
The secret to Dano Twang .
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 11:29:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Freemasons, it's a cult that controls the goverment and uses us for their diabolical games.  

So this stuff is basically particle board?
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 11:29:43 PM EDT
[#6]
in my far younger years, great surfacing for skateboard ramps.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 11:45:28 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
in my far younger years, great surfacing for skateboard ramps.

oh yes.  just make sure that the ramps are well ventilated.  masonite gets really dusty
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:14:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Masonite is paper laminated with resin under pressure and probably heat.

It makes a good sacrificial top for most work benches, and that's about all it's good for, IMHO.

Screw and nail holding is extremely poor, water resistance tohigh humidity is nil.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:38:17 AM EDT
[#9]
It's thin MDF, not particle board. I use it alot for autosound system fabrication.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top