Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2006 1:44:13 PM EDT
scaffold collapse at BU?  Anybody hear about it?  I have no cable access right now.  Happened I geuss right acroos from the Boston Common.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 1:45:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Stand by for the Mayor to blame NH.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 1:52:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Tag.

- BG

EDIT:  I open like 5 threads at a time and then go through them... I didn't mentally link your title with your post and I go to a school also called BU (different state.)  Damn near messed my pants... I was hopin someone took the Deans out.  
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 2:39:54 PM EDT
[#3]
One minute you're in downtown traffic listening to the radio or talking to your wife on the cell phone and the next..........

www1.whdh.com/news/articles/local/BO17206/

www.cnn.com/2006/US/04/03/crane.collapse.ap/index.html
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 2:40:37 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
One minute you're in downtown traffic listening to the radio or talking to your wife on the cell phone and..........

www1.whdh.com/images/news_articles/frontpage/060403_emerson_collapse_2.jpg

ouch....

OSHA inbound!
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 2:41:22 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Nah, he will blame Bush.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:39:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Ohhh... that sucks.

I feel bad for the folks involved... including the company that is about to go out of business because of it.

- BG
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:41:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Any zombies involved?
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:46:00 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nah, he will blame Bush.

Man, none of you know MA. The mayor will figure out a way to blame guns.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:49:03 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nah, he will blame Bush.

Man, none of you know MA. The mayor will figure out a way to blame guns.

He will find out how to blame Bush, Cheney, guns , Halliburton and the war in Iraq all at once.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:01:56 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
One minute you're in downtown traffic listening to the radio or talking to your wife on the cell phone and the next..........

www1.whdh.com/images/news_articles/frontpage/060403_emerson_collapse_2.jpg

www1.whdh.com/images/news_articles/archive/060403_emerson_collapes_1.jpg
www1.whdh.com/news/articles/local/BO17206/

i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2006/US/04/03/crane.collapse.ap/story.crane.collapse.jpg
www.cnn.com/2006/US/04/03/crane.collapse.ap/index.html

thanks for the pics, man that is nasty.  What building were they working on?

The mayor will find a way to blame it on "greedy contractors".   Pretty much all the Mass politicians are worthless greedy lying f#@k's.

firedofg51d(who visted the bridge at chappaquiddick a week after Teddy boy killed Mary Jo Kopechne there)
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:21:54 PM EDT
[#11]

Whoa!!! Thats Fraco Hydraulic scaffolding made in Canada. I used to install that stuff. They claim it can be installed as high as 600ft or so if tied in properly. Highest I ever saw was 310' .. That shit is heavy and requires a crane to install it over 40'  ... Place localy I used to work for i think went out of business a couple years ago when there was a similar  callapse at the site of a Target store being blocked up. thank god i didnt work for them then, and thank god no one was killed on any of my installs.  

Hardly ever see that stuff fall, but when it does it makes a mess...We're talking thousands of pounds of steel. these units hold 20k plusin weight and can lift it as high as you want.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:06:18 PM EDT
[#12]
The building was owned by Emerson College:

"The building -- a dormitory and campus center -- has been under construction for nearly two years, and was scheduled to open for the fall semester, said David Rosen, the school's vice president of public affairs. No students were injured. "

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:47:11 PM EDT
[#13]
something liek that happened in chicago a few years ago, don't know if it was scaffleling or if a crane dropped some steel beams or something, but happened in morning traffic.
God bless them.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 11:06:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Damn, my company uses Fraco too.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:36:26 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Or vermont!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top