Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2006 12:14:56 PM EDT
Edited because I can't spell...

I am thinking about registering a trademark and I see that the Federal fee is about $350 but I am curious if there is a need to do this through a lawyer or do I dare trust one of the cheap DO-IT-YOURSELF kits or go middle of the road with a ON-LINE firm?

I have done my searches and I am confident that my trademark is available (It's kind of a strange series of letters) but I am looking to protect them as they are brandable and I am preparing to market them more soon....

I already own the .com, .net, .org websites that go with this and I have claimed Copyright on the term for the past year...

I am sure there are some people here that have experience with this...  I do have an attorney and I know I should ask them but at $350/hr my Attorney gets I am looking for a little free advise before I move forward...

Thanks for any opinions!
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 12:16:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Hopefully none of the terms are the word "advice."

ETA: Or "opinions."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top