Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2006 8:12:44 AM EDT
Didn't it turn out that Higgins was Robin Masters?

I forget.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:14:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:14:38 AM EDT
[#2]
How about Magnum?  
Was he an ex-SEAL?
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:17:27 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
How about Magnum?  
Was he an ex-SEAL?

Naval intelligence iirc.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:18:25 AM EDT
[#4]
It was heavily hinted that Higgins WAS Robin, but never fully answered.

Magnum was a SEAL officer, and ended up re-upping in the last episode. This was during a time when SEALs weren't an as well known group as they are now...

Season 4 comes out tomorrow
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:19:24 AM EDT
[#5]
I think Higgins was Masters.

Been a long time since I saw the show. But I thought Higgins was out as Masters at the end.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:20:32 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
It was never fully explained. I thought we would find out when Magnum died, but never did.

Magnum died?
I don't remember that.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:21:48 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm fairly sure I saw an episode where both Magnum and Higgins were talking to Masters. All three were in the same room. Masters was heard, but never shown. And Higgins was talking to him.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:22:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Well, the plan was for him to die at the end of Season 7....but they decided not to go that route and come back with a season 8, so in effect he died, but they brought him back....

Good thing too, as the Season 8 finale was much better than the Season 7 downer....
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:23:18 AM EDT
[#9]
From Wikipedia:

Robin’s Nest is managed by Englishman Jonathan Quayle Higgins III (played by Texan John Hillerman), an ex-British Army Sergeant Major, and is guarded by two highly trained Dobermann pinschers, Zeus & Apollo (AKA “The Lads”). Near the end of the series it was suggested that Higgins and Robin Masters might be the same person. In the final episode Higgins ostensibly admits to being Robin Masters, but at its conclusion he recants, perhaps whimsically telling Magnum that he had lied about Robin Masters, leaving viewers to wonder whether he was lying about Robin or lying about being Robin. During the early seasons of Magnum, the voice of Robin Masters (heard only a few times a season) was played by Orson Welles.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:31:01 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It was never fully explained. I thought we would find out when Magnum died, but never did.

Magnum died?
I don't remember that.

Think the BIGWIGS was gonna 86 the show but brought it back. He was walking to heaven...
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:31:16 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
From Wikipedia:

Robin’s Nest is managed by Englishman Jonathan Quayle Higgins III (played by Texan John Hillerman), an ex-British Army Sergeant Major, and is guarded by two highly trained Dobermann pinschers, Zeus & Apollo (AKA “The Lads”). Near the end of the series it was suggested that Higgins and Robin Masters might be the same person. In the final episode Higgins ostensibly admits to being Robin Masters, but at its conclusion he recants, perhaps whimsically telling Magnum that he had lied about Robin Masters, leaving viewers to wonder whether he was lying about Robin or lying about being Robin. During the early seasons of Magnum, the voice of Robin Masters (heard only a few times a season) was played by Orson Welles.

I'm watching the episode now where Masters is in a plane and talking to Higgens on the phone. I guess that clears them up as being the same guy.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:39:18 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
How about Magnum?  
Was he an ex-SEAL?

Naval intelligence iirc.

and S.E.A.L
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:39:51 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
It was heavily hinted that Higgins WAS Robin, but never fully answered.

Magnum was a SEAL officer, and ended up re-upping in the last episode. This was during a time when SEALs weren't an as well known group as they are now...

Season 4 comes out tomorrow

Damn I don't have three yet.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:41:35 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Been a long time since I saw the show. But I thought Higgins was out as Masters at the end.

Nope. Got the episode right here. This is how it went down at the end of the final episode:

Everybody was at Rick's wedding.

Higgins was up on the platform with Magnum. Higgins had earlier (in another episode) confessed to be Masters. While waiting for Rick, Higgins turned to Magnum and asked, "Do you remember when I told you I was Robin Masters?"

Magnum responded, "Yes."

Higgins then responded, "I lied."
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:42:06 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
From Wikipedia:

I'm watching the episode now where Masters is in a plane and talking to Higgens on the phone. I guess that clears them up as being the same guy.

He could have been paid by Higgins to play the part and keep him out of the light.  
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:47:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Use to be some good looking women on that show.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:55:25 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope. Got the episode right here. This is how it went down at the end of the final episode:

Everybody was at Rick's wedding.

Higgins was up on the platform with Magnum. Higgins had earlier (in another episode) confessed to be Masters. While waiting for Rick, Higgins turned to Magnum and asked, "Do you remember when I told you I was Robin Masters?"

Magnum responded, "Yes."

Higgins then responded, "I lied."

Damn, beat me to it. I saw the episode on a rerun not too long ago.

As for the voice of Robbin, Magnum hypothosized that Higgins had paid someone to act as Robbin.

edt: 1 year lod picture of our Magnum (yeah, named after the character):

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top