Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2006 12:14:45 PM EDT
I saw Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton on the news claiming  that "they" are trying to take your votes away in reference to the NO folks that are still displaced.  They want polling places set-up where they people currently reside.  Why can't they just vote absentee? What's with the special treatment.

Should the folks that have been displaced from NO be allowed to vote in the NO elections at polling places where they currently reside?
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 12:17:11 PM EDT
[#1]
No.  If they're not here and can't figure out how to vote absentee they shouldn't be given special treatment.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 12:21:48 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
They want polling places set-up where they people currently reside.  

That could be literally anywhere. If the refugess want to declare themselves local residents, then they can use local polling places. If they want to remain NOLA residents, there is an absentee process in place.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 12:48:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Jesse and Al want to make the process more open to fraud so that "their people" can keep control of the vote in New Orleans.

A little research shows that in the last Louisiana governor's race, the black Democatic voter base swung New Orleans to the Democratic candidate Kathleen Blanco.  New Orleans swung the state in her favor... 51% Dem - 49% Republican.  The Republican candidate was a young fellow, Bobby Jindal, a second generation American of Indian (as in the Asian subcontinent) descent.  Jindal is a brilliant young, energetic fellow that certainly would have handled the post-Katrina fiasco much better.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:38:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I voted absentee once from Ireland.  Should be easy to do from Houston.  What the "refugee pimps" really want is the ability of their serfs to vote in Texas and New Orleans.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 7:00:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Yep.. the demographics of New Orleans has changes bigtime.

The "black" control over city and parish goverment has come to a screeching halt and Rev. Al and J.J. are pissed.

You should see some of the stunts the black lawmakers are trying to pull here in Baton Rouge.

New Orleans WAS broke.. They are not going to rebuild the slums for them to move back to.

Hopefully now it can be fixed.  

I do feel bad for the citys that have to deal with the trash that came out of New Orleans.   We have our fair share of it here.  The "N.O." people that live around me are trying to pull stunts here that they got away with in N.O. but the citizens and law enforcement are having non of it.

I have lived in this part of town for 5yrs and its always been quiet.  NOW, its hoopties with 36" sub woofers rollin' around at 3am.  Also, we have had 4 shootings within 1/2 mile of here in since the storm.

And yes, I'm armed..
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 7:30:02 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
the NO folks that are still displaced.  

The correct term is "refugee"
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 7:32:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Because the refugees are too stupid to know who to vote for and how to vote unless driven to the poll, paid, and given a ballot to follow. These are some dumb stupid people. Believe me, I lived there for a while.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top