Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2006 8:41:43 AM EDT
Got a phone message asking me about "Marylin Gates' funeral" and it was a complete surprise to me, I just talked with her a few days ago. She was a good friend and a sweet lady. Her claim-to-fame was that she was scheduled to work flight #11 on 9/11. Her husband is a cop here. I just Googled her name and came up with this:

9/11 flight attendant dies in Dallas crash
10:17 AM CST on Tuesday, March 28, 2006
Associated Press
FREMONT, N.H. -- An American Airlines flight attendant spared from the Nine-Eleven terrorist attacks by chance died in a Dallas-area crash involving a suspected drunk driver.
On September Eleventh, 2001, Marylin Gates of Fremont, New Hampshire, was to work American Airlines Flight Eleven from Boston to Los Angeles. But she missed the flight to be with her father that day for a doctor's appointment.
The flight was highjacked and flown into the North Tower of the World Trade Center.
Relatives say she was in Texas to attend a weekend wedding when a drunken driver hit the car in which she and her husband were riding Saturday at a suburban intersection north of Dallas.
The 52-year-old flight attendant was killed. Her husband, Fremont selectman Don Gates, was injured but has been treated at a Dallas hospital and released.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 8:45:36 AM EDT
[#1]
That sucks.

Sorry Rodent.

What is a Fremont selectman?
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 8:51:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Rodent: I am sorry to hear that.

Drunk drivers are the biggest threat to me and my family.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 9:02:03 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
That sucks.

Sorry Rodent.

What is a Fremont selectman?

Kind of like a city councilman, part of there local government up north.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top