Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/2/2006 5:41:13 AM EDT
I'm not sure what the rules are for every community in every State, but isn't there already a mechanism in place to accomodate REGISTERED voters that are out of their voting district? Wasn't that one of the big complaints with missing/undercounted ballots from our Military people that vote by absentee "mail-in" ballot and how the big, bad republicans converted those ballots to support Bush over Gore in 2000?

So, the displaced residents of New Orleans are complaining that they don't get to vote via some kind of satellite voting booth?

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but.... "they" already don't trust the voting system as it is, "they" don't trust electronic voting, so if "they" get their way and can vote electronically from a satellite voting booth and their choice for office loses, won't "they" cry foul? AGAIN??!!!

Why is the absentee "mail-in" ballot good enough for any normal person that is on vacation out of state, or in the hospital, or stationed elsewhere, but it's nothing more than a tool invented by "the man" to keep the displaced residents of New Orleans down.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 5:46:13 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I'm not sure what the rules are for every community in every State, but isn't there already a mechanism in place to accomodate REGISTERED voters that are out of their voting district? Wasn't that one of the big complaints with missing/undercounted ballots from our Military people that vote by absentee "mail-in" ballot and how the big, bad republicans converted those ballots to support Bush over Gore in 2000?

So, the displaced residents of New Orleans are complaining that they don't get to vote via some kind of satellite voting booth?

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but.... "they" already don't trust the voting system as it is, "they" don't trust electronic voting, so if "they" get their way and can vote electronically from a satellite voting booth and their choice for office loses, won't "they" cry foul? AGAIN??!!!

Why is the absentee "mail-in" ballot good enough for any normal person that is on vacation out of state, or in the hospital, or stationed elsewhere, but it's nothing more than a tool invented by "the man" to keep the displaced residents of New Orleans down.

The Army, at least in Korea, makes a point of registering everyone who wants to vote to do so...

Completely apolitical (it's the ARMY, after all) - just a whole lot of posters & such encouraging people to vote absentee..... What happens to our votes, I don't know...

But I will be voting in the  November election... All the way from Korea...
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:06:31 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

The Army, at least in Korea, makes a point of registering everyone who wants to vote to do so...

Completely apolitical (it's the ARMY, after all) - just a whole lot of posters & such encouraging people to vote absentee..... What happens to our votes, I don't know...

But I will be voting in the  November election... All the way from Korea...

Thats pretty cool. Thanks for serving!!
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:13:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Slight Non-Related Rant:

The electronic voting machines suck, or atleast the ones used in our local primaries.  I sincerely want to know what nimrod decided paper and punch was more complex than wheels and buttons.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top