BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/31/2006 7:49:42 PM EDT
This is Kahala Mall

H1 -

Follow the link click on the video -

www.khnl.com/Global/story.asp?S=4710227

3.9 inches of rain at my place in about 2 hours today.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:52:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:53:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Wow, that is a lot of water.  Here in Los Angeles, were expected to get 0.5"-1.0 over 24 hours.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:55:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Get out now!   It's not flooding!......the island is sinking!!!!
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:58:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Down the street from me -

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:08:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Global warming that bad, huh?
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:11:48 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Get out now!   It's not flooding!......the island is sinking!!!!

Its a volcano, they don't sink.. they blast themselves below the water line.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:12:46 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Down the street from me -

img.photobucket.com/albums/v494/20rdmag/0IMG_2658.jpg

You are well prepared in any event,    hiya 20rdMag long time no read.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:13:57 PM EDT
[#8]

So, it's true!  Mall ninjas do walk on water.  
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:31:00 PM EDT
[#9]
VERY VERY VERY good photo opp. there....man I wish I knew how.....lol.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:34:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Uh!

My sister is in Molokai for her honeymoon.
She was suppose to fly out Thursday night, but at this point she is still stuck in the Maui airport due to the canceled flights.

Thankfully we made it out of there on Tuesday before it got too bad.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:37:41 PM EDT
[#11]
wow, I lived there for 3 years never saw anything like that.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:25:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Heavy Rains Keep Waikiki Beach Closed

The New York Times

April 1, 2006

By JANIS L. MAGIN

HONOLULU, March 31 — Heavy rains and a giant sewage spill near Waikiki Beach left residents here beating back floodwaters on Friday and tourists playing board games and watching movies in their hotels.

Several hundred yards of beaches in Honolulu from Ala Moana Park to the military's Hale Koa Hotel in Waikiki were closed to swimmers for a second day because of high bacteria levels, and the rain refused to let up. Five of Oahu's six public golf courses, the Honolulu Zoo and a popular botanical garden were also closed because of flooding.

It has been more than 50 years since Hawaii has had a drenching like the current one. Friday was the 41st day of rain in the Hawaiian Islands and ended one of the wettest Marches on record. The rain began Feb. 19 and has brought with it flash floods, landslides, mudslides and a dam break on Kauai that killed seven people, four of whom are still missing.

"It's really kind of a once-in-a-lifetime situation," said Jim Weyman, a meteorologist in charge of the National Weather Service office in Honolulu, who attributed the rain to a deep upper-level trough of low pressure just west of the islands. "It makes the air over the Hawaiian Islands unstable."

A sewer line on the back side of Waikiki broke March 24, and the city had to divert the wastewater to the Ala Wai canal until Wednesday, some 48 million gallons over the five and a half days, instead of allowing it to back up into homes, hotels and businesses, said Bill Brennan, a spokesman for the City of Honolulu. The canal leads to the ocean near Waikiki Beach.

"If wastewater backed up into those areas, it would have been catastrophic and certainly devastating," Mayor Mufi Hannemann told reporters at a news conference on Thursday.

The Hawaii Department of Health is testing the ocean water daily for fecal bacteria levels, some of which were recorded at levels thousands of times higher than acceptable, said Kurt Tsue, a department spokesman.

Officials do not know how long the beaches will remain closed, but they do not expect any more closings.

"The bacteria counts are going down," Mayor Hannemann said.

Mr. Weyman of the National Weather Service said there was a bright spot around the corner, however, and tourists and residents could expect to see a sunny paradise once again. By early next week, Mr. Weyman said, the islands should return to the typical trade wind weather, where showers fall each day primarily on the islands' windward sides and in the mountains.

"We'll still see showers around, but we won't see what we've seen the last 41 days," he said.

In the meantime, motorists crossing Oahu over one of its three mountain pass highways have been treated to spectacular waterfalls, and the normally brown Diamond Head towers in a lush green over Waikiki.

* Copyright 2006The New York Times Company
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:34:54 AM EDT
[#13]
When the looting starting?
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:02:13 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

We shoot looters here.

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:20:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:32:02 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

We shoot looters here.

What you got for a somoan.
May I recommend a .338 win mag for starters.
And you better have a lot, once Wainai side hears that malasadas and manapuas are free, there is going to be a run.
Hell, better watch out for the whole kahuku high school football team.
Stock up an musubis before Zippys closes.

Armalite AR30 in  .338 Lupua Mag.

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:44:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:10:08 AM EDT
[#18]
The tourists will start looting!  
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:57:54 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
that will do nicely.
remember, with somoans, shot placement is crucial.
Somewhere out there i am now being investigated, but seriously, those are some big dudes.

What the hell do they feed Samoans and why are there so many in the army? That ain't natural.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:24:46 PM EDT
[#20]
That's what you get for voting Democrat all the time.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:20:00 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
That's what you get for voting Democrat all the time.

What are you talking about?  We have a republican Governor.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top