Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/31/2006 6:21:48 AM EDT
So I hear they are banning ciggerettes all over how long to they try to take away our beloved coffee bean!

I am just getting my day started with some pinon coffee ( high desert roasters) not to bad sort of mild has a slight nutty flavor.

What kind are you drinking , anyone have any suggestions? (not that crap you get at starbucks )
Anyone actually into roasting there own ?

I grind but have not attempted to roast. I saw where you can roast them in a old popcorn maker but seems like to much work.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:23:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Coffee drinkings?
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:25:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Millstone french roast , whole been , ground to "turkish".
French Roast 'cause I cant find " Myan Black Onyx". <----- is a super dark "organic" blend, real earthy flavor.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm yum yum.

Not to mention the DEA would have a cow, if they knew how potent it is!
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:26:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Drinkers?

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:26:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Post Whore's Choice

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:30:15 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Coffee drinkings?

Doh, sorry yes I needed my coffee
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:33:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Dv8xbox: Roasting your own coffee?  I've heard that is pretty hard, but I don't know.  Coffee roasting is part art and part science.  Me? I just go down to the local Trader Joe's and buy a can of roasted coffee in nitrogen-flushed can.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:33:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Maxwell House Master Blend
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:36:12 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Dv8xbox: Roasting your own coffee?  I've heard that is pretty hard, but I don't know.  Coffee roasting is part art and part science.  Me? I just go down to the local Trader Joe's and buy a can of roasted coffee in nitrogen-flushed can.

Yeah that is what I thought as well but my friends dad actually roasts his own coffee and supposedly it comes out great. I have pondered the idea of buying some bulk beans and trying it out.
But yes I also heard that roasting is sort of tough and does not always  come out perfectly.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:36:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Without Coffee, I would die I think.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:38:05 AM EDT
[#10]
I am on my third cup of Millstone Foglifter.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:41:24 AM EDT
[#11]
The horror, I arrived at the office today to discover that our whole bean stash is gone and the only coffee in the place is some vanilla nut flavored crap that someone left in the office.

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:52:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Office gets Starbucks delivered (ground) but the people who make it like tepid light brown water.

Personally I need a little kick    and make my own at the house.  Hills Bros - Medium Roast.
I like it a little strong and on about cup 2 right now.  

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:53:41 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah that is what I thought as well but my friends dad actually roasts his own coffee and supposedly it comes out great. I have pondered the idea of buying some bulk beans and trying it out.
But yes I also heard that roasting is sort of tough and does not always  come out perfectly.

Well, if you decide to roast your own coffee more power to you.

BTW: Where do you buy green coffee beans so that you can roast it yourself?  I've seen green beans in huge 100lb sacks for commercial roasters.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:58:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:02:33 AM EDT
[#15]
I drink a store-brand (HEB, a Texas store) as it is really good.  Inexpensive and good.  I keep a 3 pounder in the freezer, getting a few day's worth when needed.

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:05:12 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

BTW: Where do you buy green coffee beans so that you can roast it yourself?  I've seen green beans in huge 100lb sacks for commercial roasters.

Havent done to much research on it but the web is full of info

www.sweetmarias.com/

Sweet Maria's would like to be your information source and green coffee supplier for your home coffee roasting adventures. Home roasting is easy! It only takes 5 to 15 minutes and your reward is the freshest coffee around. It requires no fancy equipment and green coffee from Sweet Maria's is half the price of good roasted coffee from a retailer.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:05:12 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Office gets Starbucks delivered (ground) but the people who make it like tepid light brown water.

Personally I need a little kick    and make my own at the house.  Hills Bros - Medium Roast.

Dont support Starbucks!
I had an email froma  friend in the sandbox, read something like this:
"Starbucks will not send coffe to you ( the troops in IRQ) we do not support or otherwise the war efforts..."

It basically said we are neutral on the war efforts. WTF?

So I will no longer  "support" Starbucks.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:06:05 AM EDT
[#18]
I drink the coffee that every self respecting Cajun® drinks.  Community red bag, Dark Roast. (paquette rouge)  Nothing else will do.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:09:18 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dont support Starbucks!
"Starbucks will not send coffe to you ( the troops in IRQ) we do not support or otherwise the war efforts..."

ibtsp
( In Before The Snopes posters)

lol

I drink coffee in the mornings but cut it off by noon otherwise I can't sleep that night.

I usually drink it ONLY in the am as well unless its a weekend and dont have to work the next day
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:10:46 AM EDT
[#20]
I buy all of my coffee from here,

www.coffee-authority.com/

They have some great roasts and good prices.

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:13:58 AM EDT
[#21]
I buy the cans of Tim Hortons coffee. It's not bad. I enjoy a decent Colombian, but find a certain amount of inconsistency with the brands available in the supermarket.

I have an upset stomach so am only on my second cup so far today.

Gotta have my caffiene fix!
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:14:22 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Roasting is easy.  Get a Fresh Roast 8 Plus roaster and it's pretty simple.  I got the roaster and beans from Bald Mountain Coffee.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:14:31 AM EDT
[#23]
This is weird
I have the day of so I took the wife to breakfast at a small Dinette, their Coffee isn't bad but I like my own better
So I just walked in the door started brewing and as I'm waiting I come here and see this thread
I can hear my machind gurgling in the background right now

I'm using a Blend ( Caffeinated of course ) from an Inependent store called Brownstone's
It's my favorite   I like a strong cup and have tried the Staryucks Espresso Blend and Italian Roast
but I like the Brownstone's better
Not into buying Whole Bean even though I have a grinder
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:18:56 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
So I hear they are banning ciggerettes all over how long to they try to take away our beloved coffee bean!

I am just getting my day started with some pinon coffee ( high desert roasters) not to bad sort of mild has a slight nutty flavor.

What kind are you drinking , anyone have any suggestions? (not that crap you get at starbucks )

I grind but have not attempted to roast. I saw where you can roast them in a old popcorn maker but seems like to much work.

I dont care about coffee drinking. No such thing as 2nd hand coffee. Though Id rather not deal with breath the smells like dog ass, stained witch teeth, and caffinated twitchiness.

People and their vices...
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:29:51 AM EDT
[#25]
Anyone have a good source for bulk coffee? Can green coffee beans be stored for long term like rice or wheat?

Bulk coffee would be the ultimate SHTF barter item.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:32:03 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Anyone have a good source for bulk coffee? Can green coffee beans be stored for long term like rice or wheat?

Millstone
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:42:30 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dont support Starbucks!

I don't.    Its my company who as part of the "water delivery service" gets a Bag o Starbucks coffee each stop.   I have had it maybe once.  Buts as I posted......the coffee makers here suck.
I buy/make/drink my own and don't like fuckin around when it comes to my beans.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:43:52 AM EDT
[#28]
At work we have bags of Wolfgang Puck.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:00:51 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Peets Peabody Coffee with a teaspoon of Cafe Du Monde thrown in.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:04:26 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.sweetmarias.com

I started with a $14 popcorn popper from BB&B.  When winter hit I got the Z&D roaster with the catalytic converter so it's almost smokeless.  I roast once or twice a week and it's amazing.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:12:19 AM EDT
[#31]
I like me coffee like I like my women...
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:37:55 AM EDT
[#32]

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:45:36 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Millstone

I didn't see any 50 lb bags there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top